Review Board Denial

RichieRich

Just got my denial from ISP via their website after being under review and presenting all relevant information they required. Any insight on how to go about appealing the denial that's current and up to date? For additional background, I was arrested back in 2014 but the case was dropped and record was expunged. This old case that's expunged is what came up as a reason for objection. I've ran a background check through the city of Chicago and it came back clean. Again, just looking for current advise. Please respond to this post of pm me.

• 2 weeks later...

Why is it that several people are saying their "expunged" records are coming back to bite them in the butt? I thought expunged meant the incident was totally removed from your record but it sounds more like the incident is still there with something like a note of "don't use this incident against this person"...

IANAL and could be wrong. I thought expungements still existed with access by limited LE but not allowed to be used in any review/evaluations/reports, etc

IANAL and could be wrong. I thought expungements still existed with access by limited LE but not allowed to be used in any review/evaluations/reports, etc

The literal definition of expungement means the record is destroyed but I think it's a false notion that your record is physically clear. You've got to be right, the info is still on the record but it's probably sealed, not viewable or something like that. The state just probably see's something and classifies it as an automatic disqualifier and let's the board sort it out. They are probably just black and white about things in a way like if a record is clean it's clean, if there is an expunged issue than it's something... whether or not they are supposed to use it against you is another story.

Archived