Who loves Georgia

barryware

http://fox43.com/2014/04/23/georgia-governor-signs-gun-law/

Georgia's Governor

By Devon M. Sayers and Eliott C. McLaughlin, ELLIJAY, Georgia (CNN) — Georgia Gov. Nathan Deal signed a wide-ranging gun bill into law Wednesday that has critics howling and proponents applauding.

House Bill 60, or the Safe Carry Protection Act of 2014 — which opponents have nicknamed the “guns everywhere bill” — specifies where Georgia residents can carry weapons. Included are provisions that allow residents who have concealed carry permits to take guns into some bars, churches, school zones, government buildings and certain parts of airports.

GeorgiaCarry, which lobbied for the bill, calls it “meaningful pro-gun legislation,” despite it being watered down from the group’s perspective. Still, the group has lauded the legislation, which will go into effect July 1. Americans for Responsible Solutions opposed the bill, calling it “extremism in action.”

Wednesday’s signing came at an open-air picnic area along a creek in Ellijay, in northern Georgia. It opened with a prayer, the singing of the national anthem and a recital of the Pledge of Allegiance.

Hundreds of people filled more than 25 picnic tables, while others stood. Many were openly carrying handguns, and some wore National Rifle Association hats and buttons proclaiming, “Stop Gun Control” and “Guns Save Lives.”

Calling it “a great day to reaffirm our liberties,” Deal said the law allows residents to protect their families and expands the list of places where they can legally carry firearms, while allowing certain property owners, namely churches and bars, to make judgments on whether they want worshippers and patrons carrying guns.

“The Second Amendment should never be an afterthought. It should be at the forefront of our minds,” Deal said while touting his NRA endorsement for governor and “A” rating during his 17 years in Congress.

Can we trade in our Gov. Jello for this guy?

Posted · Hidden by GlockShooter, April 24, 2014 at 03:48 AM - No reason given
Hidden by GlockShooter, April 24, 2014 at 03:48 AM - No reason given

Does this make it the US Capitol of Freedom?...If not, it's damn close! :D

Not quite. There's still a few states I'd list ahead of them.

They don't allow carry in houses of worship. Illinois is ahead of them in that instance.

I did notice that too. My exact thought when I read it was about Illinois.

Georgia is a very nice place to live. After 55 years of Illinois we closed our doors and relocated to south east Georgia. The place has much to offer if a big city attitude is something you can do without. Taxes are low, utility's are cheap and housing is very reasonable. We built a 2300 sq/ft brick home on 1.5 acres for 159k with a annual tax bill of $1690 and have yet to have a electric bill over $120.

It took me 6 business days to get my carry permit and everyone carries down here. It also was refreshing to walk into the sheriffs office and receive his approval on my form 4 for a suppressor without any questions asked. There are very few things about Georgia the wife and I would change with the biggest issue being that we have to drive through Atlanta to get back to Illinois to visit family and friends. Hopefully after our daughter graduates from Western she will locate in a position where we won't have to drive through Atlanta.

The winters are very mild and snow is a once every 10 years kind of thing. The amount of outdoor activities are comparable with southern Il and I would encourage anyone to give the south east a good look if you are considering relocating. And if you do move down here please don't change a thing. We like it just the way it is.

• 2 months later...

And on Day 1 an idiot provides fodder for the sntis:

At approximately 3 p.m. Tuesday, police responded to a call regarding a customer dispute at the Enmark on the corner of Park Avenue and North Lee Street.

A man carrying a holstered firearm entered the store to make a purchase. Another customer, also with a holstered firearm, approached him and demanded to see his identification and firearms license, according to the Valdosta Police Department report.

The customer making demands for ID pulled his firearm from its holster but never pointed it at the other customer, who said he was not obligated to show any permits or identification.

He demanded the mans ID again. Undeterred by the drawn gun, the man paid for his items, left the store and called for police.

Authorities arrested Ronald Williams, 62, on a charge of disorderly conduct, related to the pulling of a weapon inside of the store, according to the VPD. Police confiscated Williams weapon and took him to the Lowndes County Jail.

http://www.valdostadailytimes.com/todays-top-stories/x1736693358/First-day-of-new-gun-law-leads-to-arrest

I also heard on WLS that there was a poll taken in Colorado, and a majority of citizens there supported allowing teachers to carry at school.

I would love to see this idea take off like wild fire, because the idea that anyone is safer in a "gun free zone" or "sensitive location where weapons are prohibited" is pure lunacy.

http://www.frugal-cafe.com/public_html/frugal-blog/frugal-cafe-blogzone/wp-content/uploads/2013/07/we-defend-with-guns-children-gun-free-zone.jpg

Archived