2010 Appleseeds!

Garand69

Both scoped and open sight rifles? Can someone elaborate on this?

Either scoped or iron sights (adjustable sights are prefered so you can zero). Targets are reduced size and the actual distance is 25 meters.

Make sure you can get a M1 Garand style cloth/nylon sling on the rifle and you will be good to go.

Next problem - I've procured a Marlin .22 semi-auto. No sling mounts.

Either scoped or iron sights (adjustable sights are prefered so you can zero). Targets are reduced size and the actual distance is 25 meters.

Make sure you can get a M1 Garand style cloth/nylon sling on the rifle and you will be good to go.

Take it to Lin he should be able to throw some on it for you pretty cheap.

I was considering that. I should also reblue the barrel. The last caretaker wasn't doing his job.

Targets are reduced size and the actual distance is 25 meters.

Anybody know which targets they use? and how much they're reduced?

Target examples here.

AQT (Army Qualification Target) and sighting squares and something called "Red Coats". Sometimes there are "special" targets. :tongue:

The simulated 100 yard target is basically a 20moa target at 100 yards. So at 25 yards it'll look like 5moa (maybe a bit larger). Same scale for the 200 yard, 300 yard and 400 yard targets. :thumbsup:

I was considering that. I should also reblue the barrel. The last caretaker wasn't doing his job.

I can Duracoat the bbl for you Buzz otherwise I think Gander has that re-bluing kit for sale & you could try it yourself.

Targets are reduced size and the actual distance is 25 meters.

Anybody know which targets they use? and how much they're reduced?

Target examples here.

AQT (Army Qualification Target) and sighting squares and something called "Red Coats". Sometimes there are "special" targets. biggrin.gif

The simulated 100 yard target is basically a 20moa target at 100 yards. So at 25 yards it'll look like 5moa (maybe a bit larger). Same scale for the 200 yard, 300 yard and 400 yard targets. smile.gif

I was at the Bristol Range yesterday and sighted in my 10/22. I used the AQT targets you can get from the Appleseed website. I think it was 50 for $15. Target Link

Also thanks Ashessorcerer.png for the info on the Tech-Sights, they are wonderful and so easy to adjust. Made my groups got smaller and smaller the more tweaking I did. I am so excited for next weekend. Thanks Kenny for the 10/22.thumbsup.png I love this little rifle and I have found so many aftermarket parts to modify this little thing. I am looking at a KID 2 stage trigger system with the long lever for the magazine release.

Once again the people on this forum are helpful and give you thie right answers. Thanks

Bring your suntan lotion.

You guys are lucky.

I'm going to be down in Alton in 5" of water. Whooopeeeeee.

I already bought my knee-length boots.

Oh yeah, and I'm bringing the generator. What could possibly go wrong with running a generator in standing water? LOL!

John

I should be good, my ez-up should still be in the shed.

Decisions Decisions!! What to shoot at the Appleseed this weekend, do I shoot the fitty? the SCAR? or my new Socom II I just got tonight? I went to the sportsmans caucus & bought it cheap!!!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs483.ash1/26428_402379899872_699089872_3791241_2040885_n.jpg

Decisions Decisions!! What to shoot at the Appleseed this weekend, do I shoot the fitty? the SCAR? or my new Socom II I just got tonight? I went to the sportsmans caucus & bought it cheap!!!!

http://sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash1/hs483.ash1/26428_402379899872_699089872_3791241_2040885_n.jpg

You have more magazines for the SCAR so I vote for the scar.

My buddy just told me the Socom would kind of suck at an appleseed because the rear aperture is so big. I think I am going to stick with the SCAR. Should I bring some guns for show & tell? Like the m107 & the Socom II?

Please do, the M107 and the Socom for show would be cool.

Who is coming out tomorrow afternoon or evening?

Me and my dad might be out after we get into town tomorrow evening. Any special time. We are leaving around 4:00.

I should be there around 1 or 2 & should be there until Sunday night.

boog

updated weather

sat. Mainly sunny. High 64F. Winds NW at 15 to 25 mph.

sun. Sunshine. Highs in the mid 60s winds 9mph nne

SweeeEet!

Everyone camping out, please note that the lows will be in the mid 30s. Please bring appropriate gear!

I've got the marshmellows, chocolate and graham crackers for smores! :D

Archived