FOID Appeal Requirements - Mental Health Waiver

I've tried searching, and haven't found anything regarding this specific topic; if there is a thread that covers this, please delete this and direct me to the appropriate post.

I was "voluntarily" hospitalized in 2014 for 72 hours after planning suicide. As a result my FOID was revoked. I'm beginning the process of appealing. I'm making arrangements with the hospitals, the outpatient program, my psychiatrist, and the therapists I've worked with to have records sent to the ISP. My therapist and my psychiatrist are both supportive of me; they are not opposed to firearms, and believe that i am not a danger to myself or others.

The problem I'm hitting right now is on the FOID Appeal Requirements - Mental Health Prohibitor form, where it says, "2. Notarized signed and dated, statement in your own words that contains the following: a. Details and circumstances regarding any and all mental health admissions". How much detail does the ISP want? It's it sufficient to say that my wife left me and i was fired within the same two day period? Or do they want more information?

My wife (obvs. not the one that divorced me) believes that my response should be very brief, while my initial answer to the question runs a little over a full page.

Can anyone point to an example of what is a *good* example of the kind of response the ISP wants?

TBH, my wife and i are seriously considering moving to a different state rather than trying to fight this through the circuit courts when it's inevitably denied. Not living in Chicago and dealing with Chicago corruption and taxes would be a side benefit of moving out of state.

It is sufficient to say you "experienced depression when my marriage ended and then lost my job within a few days after that. I sought help in dealing with these very difficult situations. I sought help at ___________facility and was hospitalized for _______hours/days. With the help I received, I was able to process these difficult events and get back to a normal life."

As long as you have the documents from the mental health professionals stating you are not a danger to yourself or others, you should not have any trouble getting your FOID restored. I don't know anyone who voluntarily admitted themselves who had to appeal in court. Involuntary admissions is another story and more difficult.