My CCL Was rejected due Invalid DL

ChrisLaflareYT

My CCL was denied due to my DL expiring during the process . I resubmitted the application with my new state Id I contacted my instructor he told me it would take an extra 30 days . I cant get in contact with anybody from isfp I even emailed them I got no response . Its been over 30 days since I resubmitted my app and its still under review ?? How long does this supposed to take ? I have no criminal background or anything in that such . Does this start the whole waiting period over ? What should I think what should I do ?

Didn't know you need a DL in order to obtain a permission slip.

" (430 ILCS 66/30)

Sec. 30. Contents of license application.

(a) The license application shall be in writing, under penalty of perjury, on a standard form adopted by the Department and shall be accompanied by the documentation required in this Section and the applicable fee. Each application form shall include the following statement printed in bold type: "Warning: Entering false information on this form is punishable as perjury under Section 32-2 of the Criminal Code of 2012."

(b ) The application shall contain the following:

(1) the applicant's name, current address, date and year of birth, place of birth, height, weight, hair color, eye color, maiden name or any other name the applicant has used or identified with, and any address where the applicant resided for more than 30 days within the 10 years preceding the date of the license application;

(2) the applicant's valid driver's license number or valid state identification card number; "

See the complete law for additional requirements.

Didn't know you need a DL in order to obtain a permission slip.

" (430 ILCS 66/30)

Sec. 30. Contents of license application.

(a) The license application shall be in writing, under penalty of perjury, on a standard form adopted by the Department and shall be accompanied by the documentation required in this Section and the applicable fee. Each application form shall include the following statement printed in bold type: "Warning: Entering false information on this form is punishable as perjury under Section 32-2 of the Criminal Code of 2012."

(b ) The application shall contain the following:

(1) the applicant's name, current address, date and year of birth, place of birth, height, weight, hair color, eye color, maiden name or any other name the applicant has used or identified with, and any address where the applicant resided for more than 30 days within the 10 years preceding the date of the license application;

(2) the applicant's valid driver's license number or valid state identification card number; "

See the complete law for additional requirements.

So had he used a state issued ID instead, he'd have no problem as long as that didn't also expire in the process. This state and their rules are so insane I'd call them democratic.

Kind of the same thing happened to me. My FOID expired and they pulled my FCCL. It took the ISP 71 days to reissue my FCCL after I renewed my FOID and appealed the revocation.

I know it’s hard but it’s just a waiting game.

The CCL should supersede the FOID. I know it doesn't and I think both are unconstitutional. But these stupid laws don't have to be written so stupidly. I hate IL.

My CCL was denied due to my DL expiring during the process . I resubmitted the application with my new state Id I contacted my instructor he told me it would take an extra 30 days . I cant get in contact with anybody from isfp I even emailed them I got no response . Its been over 30 days since I resubmitted my app and its still under review ?? How long does this supposed to take ? I have no criminal background or anything in that such . Does this start the whole waiting period over ? What should I think what should I do ?

The whole 90/120 day wait could start all over again but usually it does not. however, there could be a long delay depending on how far along your application was in the process when the DL expired.

Folks - watch your expiration dates for FOID/DL/CCL closely. It complicates things when anyone of them expire.

• 2 weeks later...

MY DL is expired, but 625 ILCS 5/6-115(d) states that an active duty member of the Armed Forces, serving outside the State of Illinois, holding an Illinois driver's license may continue to drive on an expired license until the licensee returns to Illinois and for 120 days thereafter. Does this same concept not apply towards having a valid DL for my CC reapplication? I've tried calling the ISP phone number for an answer for a few days now. Usually, my call just gets dropped, but today I've been put on hold to wait for the next available operator (25 minutes and counting). Why do I need a driver's license to carry a gun anyway? They're completely unrelated!

Finally got through and got an answer to my own question. The law that allows me to continue to drive on my expired license does no apply to CC applications. Unless I can find some way to get to Illinois in the next couple months (why would I ever WANT to go there?), my CCL will expire and there is nothing I can do about it. To make matters worse, when I finally do get a new DL, I'll have to apply like it's my first time again (16 hours training course). I'm not going back to IL when I get out of the military!

Finally got through and got an answer to my own question. The law that allows me to continue to drive on my expired license does no apply to CC applications. Unless I can find some way to get to Illinois in the next couple months (why would I ever WANT to go there?), my CCL will expire and there is nothing I can do about it. To make matters worse, when I finally do get a new DL, I'll have to apply like it's my first time again (16 hours training course). I'm not going back to IL when I get out of the military!

You need to contact your State Rep and Senator and explain your situation. This whole situation of yours is ridiculous.

This also seems ripe for a lawsuit.

Send me a pm with your info. Some qualify to renew their driver's license online. Do you?

Hopefully you will be able to get this straighten out. As a veteran you would need to do the second 8 hours, not 16 hours, of the CCL.

If you do not plan to return to Illinois, you might consider changing your official state of residence. That would involve getting a DL in that state. It might be simpler to get concealed carry permit there also.

You would automatically lose your Illinois CCL by establishing residency in another state, but it looks like you will lose it is a few months anyway as you indicate above.

There are state tax consideration also.

I think it would be beneficial to contact your base human relations department and/or JAG legal assistance concerning it.

They can give you more information and the benefits and drawbacks of making the change. You can make a more informed decision.

https://www.army.mil/article/160640/state_of_residence_vs_home_of_record_what_does_it_all_mean

https://usacac.army.mil/sites/default/files/documents/sja/legal_residence.pdf

After contacting the DMV, they said I could renew my DL through the mail. I'm expecting to receive a packet in the mail soon. Once I get that figured out, I just need to find an Illinois certified instructor in Georgia who's giving the class (there are only two instructors in the state, and not much demand for it here as Georgians do not qualify for non-resident permits by nature of their residence).

Archived