Has Trump blown us off on C.C.?

chargermick

Wouldn't the Republicans need to be the majority in the House for it to happen anyway?

He'll have more flexibility to negotiate on the issue after the 2020 election.

Don't waste your time SJ. He is incapable of understanding the concept, due to his seething contempt of Trump over silly bump stops. He will go to his grave insisting that Hillary would have been our 2A knight in shining armor. LOL.

He and Cocaine Mitch are slowly working on this. They are nominating and approving federal judges that believe in the constitution and some day in our future, we will be able to get a SCOTUS ruling that will embrace the 2nd Amendment under the Full Faith and Credit clause. That will be the real fix, not passing a law that can be easily overturned by some red diaper baby future president/congress.

He and Cocaine Mitch are slowly working on this. They are nominating and approving federal judges that believe in the constitution and some day in our future, we will be able to get a SCOTUS ruling that will embrace the 2nd Amendment under the Full Faith and Credit clause. That will be the real fix, not passing a law that can be easily overturned by some red diaper baby future president/congress.

:thumbsup:

Yes, he has.

Explain what he has done, and keep in mind it's Congres that authors and makes laws not the President.

Let me know when a nationwide CC bill passes the House and Senate and Trump refuses to sign it, until then you are barking up the wrong tree and deflecting blame.

He said your guns should be taken away and THEN you should receive due process.

He said that assault rifles should be banned.

He banned bump stocks.

He's taken the 2nd amendment voters for granted in every way. He assumes they will all vote for him because they don't have a better alternative, and without holding him accountable for his failed promises to uphold the 2nd, he's right.

What has he personally done to promote the 2nd? I don't want to hear about judges. What has DJT done himself personally to promote the 2nd? You know the answer as well as I do: nothing.

What has he personally done to promote the 2nd? I don't want to hear about judges.

LOL, you don't want to hear about he single most important thing that he did that will likely shape this nations gun laws in our favor for decades? Kind of figured, doesn't fit the narrative so you attempt to censor?

Well how about I do the same, I don't want to hear about what he said, I want to hear about what he actually did, and 'he' did not ban bumpstocks the ATF did.

You know the answer as well as I do: nothing.

Nope I don't know that same answer as I have both eyes open and won't ignore his SCOTUS appointments that will shape gun rights for decades to come like you choose to ignore.

Even the bump stock ban is likely going to be subject to and come down to the SCOTUS and other Federal Justices Trump has appointed when all the dust settles.

What has he personally done to promote the 2nd? I don't want to hear about judges.

LOL, you don't want to hear about he single most important thing that he did that will likely shape this nations gun laws in our favor for decades? Kind of figured, doesn't fit the narrative so you attempt to censor?

Well how about I do the same, I don't want to hear about what he said, I want to hear about what he actually did, and 'he' did not ban bumpstocks the ATF did.

You know the answer as well as I do: nothing.

Nope I don't know that same answer as I have both eyes open and won't ignore his SCOTUS appointments that will shape gun rights for decades to come like you choose to ignore.

Even the bump stock ban is likely going to be subject to and come down to the SCOTUS and other Federal Justices Trump has appointed when all the dust settles.

Unintended consequences aren't intent.

Trump broke every promise he made on the 2nd. There is no carry on military bases, which would have saved multiple lives in the last few years, there is no reciprocity. These things were promised in the 1st month in office. They didn't happen.

You may forgive and forget because you can live with other things he's done, but under no metric has Trump been a friend of the 2nd amendment.

This isn't a dictatorship. He just can't wave his scepter and proclaim "this is the way that it is from now on". Congress needs to get a bill passed in both houses and then he needs to sign it. When congress lays a bill on his desk providing for concealed carry reciprocity and he vetoes it, then you have a legitimate complaint. And then I will probably join you in that complaint. Until then, there is nothing he can do except make his wishes known to congress. And once again, without a super majority in congress they aren't going to be able to put such a bill on his desk.

This isn't a dictatorship. He just can't wave his scepter and proclaim "this is the way that it is from now on". Congress needs to get a bill passed in both houses and then he needs to sign it. When congress lays a bill on his desk providing for concealed carry reciprocity and he vetoes it, then you have a legitimate complaint. And then I will probably join you in that complaint. Until then, there is nothing he can do except make his wishes known to congress. And once again, without a super majority in congress they aren't going to be able to put such a bill on his desk.

Can you show me where he's made pro-2nd amendment wishes known to congress? or where he's shown that his intent behind nominating any judges is to promote the 2nd amendment?

Can you show me where he's made pro-2nd amendment wishes known to congress? or where he's shown that his intent behind nominating any judges is to promote the 2nd amendment?

He has appointed conservative judges, and that goes hand in hand with 2A protection. No one but Trump is going to know his intent on each appointment. Remember the only way we got concealed carry in Illinois is through the courts. Seventh Circuit Federal Court of Appeals, to be precise. What he is doing in the courts will last a long time. If the NYSRPA case gets mooted, there are several others in the pipeline that can change the course of jurisprudence a very long time, if not permanently.

You'll only be satisfied with a federal law? What does that look like? How does that respect states rights?

It looks like this: Walking up to Schumer in NY or Pelosi in CA while open carrying and telling them to "Have a nice day."

Try that right now.

How can you "respect states rights" that infringe on your own rights guaranteed in the Constitution? Are NY and CA part of the United (by the Constitution) States or not? The 2nd has to be federally enforced.

Yes, he has.

Explain what he has done, and keep in mind it's Congres that authors and makes laws not the President.

Let me know when a nationwide CC bill passes the House and Senate and Trump refuses to sign it, until then you are barking up the wrong tree and deflecting blame.

He promised it and failed. If he promised something he couldn't deliver on then yes, I'll hold him accountable.

Paul Ryan killed all of Trump's agenda (like nationwide carry recognition) except for the tax cuts.

He could easily issue an executive order fixing post office and ACE land carry, if anyone in an advisory capacity had any clue as to what they were doing.

Yup, it was a screw job across the board. House and Senate put 0 pro gun bills across his desk when they had both chambers.

There was the bipartisan budget bill that attached and passed FixNICS and reinstated all the Obama era EOs that Trump had previously rolled back. Ill give Trump the benefit of the doubt that the didnt read the entire bill and just signed off on it.

Cuz of BS Russia pressure Steven Mnuchin extended GHW Bushs import ban to cover VEPRs and a few other guns.

Most recently the last budget bill pulled the teeth out of the Dickey amendment and budgeted money towards gun violence research. Which is lies, damn lies, and statistics that will be used to pass gun grabs.

Trumps AG office banned bump stocks was by the same way Obama attempted to ban green tips. Difference being Trump got it done without resistance. Sure, we all knew it was going to happen, we knew we werent getting anything in return, but send it through a dem house and repub senate to let them posture. But gun control, changing the words of a law, via executive action sets a dangerous precedence when a Dem gains control of the Whitehouse.

Major eye opener, 4 boxes of liberty, Ive given up on the ballot box. I don't agree with the other Republican platforms, but at least they dont lie about their reactionary BS, unlike the Dems that hide behind IdPol to pass the same anti constitutional polices. I also dont criticize anyone that votes for what benefits them as long as it legitimately benefits them (not a campaign lie) and theyre up front about it.

Other than a few local 2A candidates Im just going to write GFY into the write in section to show I could vote but I wont.

Yes, he has.

He said your guns should be taken away and THEN you should receive due process.

He said that assault rifles should be banned.

He banned bump stocks.

He's taken the 2nd amendment voters for granted in every way. He assumes they will all vote for him because they don't have a better alternative, and without holding him accountable for his failed promises to uphold the 2nd, he's right.

What has he personally done to promote the 2nd? I don't want to hear about judges. What has DJT done himself personally to promote the 2nd? You know the answer as well as I do: nothing.

Like Hillary would have been better, especially in judge appointments.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

He promised it and failed. If he promised something he couldn't deliver on then yes, I'll hold him accountable.

He is not done yet, riddle me this if no law is passed but his Supreme Court appointments swing the vote of national recipitory in a future court case, would you give him credit? If so you can't say he failed until his appointments are all gone.

I'll give Trump the benefit of the doubt that he didn't read the entire bill and just signed off on it.

That's a pretty safe bet!
No politician reads an entire budget bill, and their underlings are on a fast track to get a piece of the action. Spend an afternoon and skim an entire budget bill, resist the urge to murder your government.

As 2nd amendment supporters we need to be aware that federal gun control is being put through in budget bills. Every politically connected corporate lobbyist gets their Christmas wish via your tax dollars. As a thank you theyre slowly disarming you. Fiscal conservatives dont exist anymore so everyones getting their pork barrels and nobody dares to stand in the way. Its how bipartisan gun control flys through under the radar.

No politician reads an entire budget bill, and their underlings are on a fast track to get a piece of the action.

Trump is notorious for not reading. Anything.

And not listening to his "underlings" who did the reading...

... or his advisors with actual knowledge of various important matters.

Pretty safe bet.

Archived