Current FOID wait times...

SCARLETfrost

Well he won't contact her; so I did. I wrote her a letter expressing my concerns over these outrageous wait times. I'm trying to get him used to the idea that you need to yell sometimes to get things done in this state. His rep is 2A friendly... I wish mine was.

Thanks for the help.

I mailed my and my girlfriend's app on 1-30. checks cashed 2-13. called state rep at thirty days (unfortunately it's Lashawn Ford). girlfriend receives her card 3-15. State rep's office called back on primary election day to say card is mailed. 3-30, still no card. called state rep's office back and told to call back if no card by Tuesday 4-3. Called senator unfortunately it's Kimberley Lightford. Was actually told that they can not help me. I also emailed the state police who replied that card will be printed and mailed on Monday 4-2.

so frustrated.

Called senator unfortunately it's Kimberley Lightford. Was actually told that they can not help me.

That's particularly disturbing.

Did you call the district or the Springfield office?

The district office. A couple of months ago I needed to contact her about about a voting issue and found out that the district office only handles constituent concerns.

They Cashed my check 16 Feb. Still waiting. I have a question. I was told at Article II, when I took my son shooting, that the ISP cancels your FOID as soon as they cash your check. Is this true? If so why would they create a situation where they make every FOID holder a law breaker?

Len S

They Cashed my check 16 Feb. Still waiting. I have a question. I was told at Article II, when I took my son shooting, that the ISP cancels your FOID as soon as they cash your check. Is this true? If so why would they create a situation where they make every FOID holder a law breaker?

Len S

Sounds like urban legend to me. I've heard of an old FOID (still valid) being cancelled when the new is mailed, making the one in your pocket invalid for a couple of days, but not at check cashing. Call your state representative tomorrow morning. Don't mess with calling the ISP.

AB

Len S

Sounds like urban legend to me. I've heard of an old FOID (still valid) being cancelled when the new is mailed, making the one in your pocket invalid for a couple months, but not at check cashing. Call your state representative tomorrow morning. Don't mess with calling the ISP.

AB

Corrected that for you. With current wait times seems like even after cashing the check it's taking over a month and a half. My friend had is check cashed around the End of February first week in March maybe. First week in April and still no news.

I certainly hope that's not the case. If turn around times keep up like this many of us will be in violation of the law even if we give them our renewal applications early.

My FOID expires in July so I mailed in now for my renewal. My wife will be getting her first FOID card. The checks were cashed on 3-28. (I mailed seperate checks because I wasn't sure the office could "handle" processing two FOID apps with only one check). SInce I have my current valid FOID the necessity isn't so pressing, but it will be interetsing to see if my wife and I get ours together, or if hers takes longer since it is a new FOID application. I also JUSt found out recently that my legislative district (US and Illinois Congressional Districts were changed)_ so if it takes to long I'll have someone new to write to, although both my old and new rep support CCW in Illinois.

Guys, DO NOT PUT UP WITH THIS STUFF!!!!!

Call your state rep on the 31st day after the check is cashed. If you have a non-cooperative rep or senator, then contact Todd Vandermyde. His contact info is in a thread here as well as in his profile. He's glad to help as he has the time.

The damned law says 30 days from receipt. The check cashing date pretty well ties down the reciept date. Don't bother calling the FOID staff, they'll give you the "55 day" runaround.

Call your State Rep or Senator, tell them what's going on and ask them to intervene for you. If they don't, then contact Todd and vote your rep and Senator out of office at the next election.

It's a worthless, outdated, ineffective law that they make us play by. The least they can do is play by the rules.

Tim

I wonder how many votes would have on a bill to simply repeal the foid act rather than going the court route.

The more calls that State legislators get demonstrating the fallacy of the FOID and the inability of the ISP to keep the law, the more likely we are to get enough votes. But your question brings up the next question: How many votes will it TAKE to repeal the FOID?? It's a state wide law, not superceded anywhere I know of by Home Rule. Could it be done with a simple 60/30 vote?? Or are their extenuating circumstances that I'm not aware of? Todd? MikeW?

BTW Drylok. I got your sister's package today. If I get a chance to get it up there soon, it's gonna get real noisy around your house again!

UTim

That's a good point I hadn't that about the HR thing. We could surely get 60 couldn't we? And maybe I'll stop by next Friday on my way to St. Louis and grab that package for sis.

I need to see if your Dad wants to participate, or Sis wants to do more.

This coming Friday or next week?

UTim

That's a good point I hadn't that about the HR thing. We could surely get 60 couldn't we? And maybe I'll stop by next Friday on my way to St. Louis and grab that package for sis.

I need to see if your Dad wants to participate, or Sis wants to do more.

This coming Friday or next week?

UTim

Friday 13th I'm going to the NRA meetings. It wouldn't be a big deal to slip down to your place and then slide over to 70 from there.

Why is the State allowed to violate its own law??

Because Illinois.

Sad but true!

The inconsistency in turnaround times is amazing. I see people here waiting over 2 months to get a renewal or new FOID, but back in December my daughter got her renewal in a little over 2 weeks and in February mine took about 3 weeks.

If they can do that, why does it take months for others in the same timeframe? :sorcerer:

Mine arrived yesterday, 63 days after applying for the renewal. I had called ISP twice, and Rep. Sandy Cole's office called them once on my behalf.

Why is the State allowed to violate its own law??

-jc-

Because there is no penalty set forth in the FOID statute for NOT issuing in 30 days.

The inconsistency in turnaround times is amazing. I see people here waiting over 2 months to get a renewal or new FOID, but back in December my daughter got her renewal in a little over 2 weeks and in February mine took about 3 weeks.

If they can do that, why does it take months for others in the same timeframe? :sorcerer:

This is definitely the bizarre part of it. I don't get why some take 2 weeks, and some take 8 weeks or even more, even when sent in during the same time span. They should be processed in the order they're received. They're clearly not being done this way, otherwise we'd see more uniform wait times. Very strange indeed. :whistle:

Mine came about 3 weeks from the day I mailed it. FYI, I have a unique name. Side note: Did not enter SSN

lol same here and I'm still waiting. I called my rep today And the person that picked up said he will "make some phone calls" so not sure how that would go. Called another rep's office and he said they never got a foid problem before and I was the first 1. Seems hard to believe since so many people in Chicago have complained that I know to the reps.

Archived