SBR in Palatine Illinois.

exred

First post on this forum, need help
So after waiting time of 1 year and 8 days I got a letter from atf that my application is being return for following reason:

Cook County - Division 4 Blair Holt Assault Weapons Ban
Sec.54-92. - Applicability
(B) Pursuant to Article VII, Section 6© of the 1970 Constitution of the United States of Illinois, if this article conflicts with an ordinance of a home rule municipality, the municipal ordinance shall prevail within its jurisdiction.

#1-Please provide documentation to confirm that you are within a home rule municipality, to include it's regulation / ordinance justifying exemption from the Cook County Blair Holt Assault Weapon Ban.

So they want me to make appropriate corrections and return it with my application, so I have no idea what are they asking me to do and what kind of corrections I need to make, could someone please HELP me out or maybe someone had similar problem.
I have gone to local police department and they have no idea on what's going on I know that city of Palatine have there own rule on fire arms I just can't find any information.
Please HELP.
Thanks

I did not buy a rifle, I have bought 2 pistols that I'm using with brace right now, but would like to put original stock. I do have C&R license as well. I was told that C&R license helps when applying for SBR.

C&R is a requirement in IL unless you go a reenactors option.

You're not the only one getting this from the ATF re Cook county

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=66672&hl=

I know that city of Palatine have there own rule on fire arms I just can't find any information.

How do you know this? I looked in the muni codes and could find nothing approving nor banning AWBs/firearms.

So it seems like you may have Purchased a Rifle that may be Banned within Cook County Limits. They want documentation showing that the County where you reside is not in Cook County. Being that Palatine is in Fact in Cook County I'm not sure what your options are.

I interpreted as they want a reference that Palatine being Home Rule has passed a code saying AWB (Cook code SBR=AWB) is legal, thus overriding County code. But unless you are, I assume, like Hoffman Estates making allowances for a store like Cabelas, most codes I have seen are more what you can't do instead of what you can.

Are there any gun stores in Palatine and do they sell ARs or others on banned list?

No clue on nuances of HomeRule within incorporated and unincorporated Cook (not sure where Palatine falls within)

No gun stores in Palatine. The closest thing is the Walmart that sells ammo.

There is a member on Arfcom that got his SBR application signed by the Palatine police chief without issue. That was a year or two back.

I have an email from the 2nd in command of the Palatine PD that they have no issues with ARs. No response to my question about the supposed Cook AWB.

No gun stores in Palatine. The closest thing is the Walmart that sells ammo.

There is a member on Arfcom that got his SBR application signed by the Palatine police chief without issue. That was a year or two back.

I have an email from the 2nd in command of the Palatine PD that they have no issues with ARs. No response to my question about the supposed Cook AWB.

Hi Marie, is it possible for you to forward that email to me?

Thanks.

Archived