Pritzker Backs Ban On Large-Capacity Magazines

Upholder

Don't forget, on his way out Rauner signed the 3 day wait for long guns into law. Better than this guy, but he was still no friend of ours by a long shot.

It bears repeating that a wait period of any duration only works if the person trying to buy the gun has no other guns of his own. If he does, the waiting period accomplishes nothing other than an infringement of our rights.

Not that the facts mean anything to the opposition.

I was around when the waiting period was enacted. It was called a 'cooling off period' back then to stop crimes of passion. That's how they described back then. Again, if you own more than that one gun you're attempting to buy, the waiting period means absolutely nothing.

You got that wrong, Rauner was our friend and cherished the Constitution and defended our rights and was a gun owner himself.

Is this a serious comment, or are you kidding around? Maybe that should be in purple?

100% serious, Molly has said so too.

Relax and ignore it if they pass a mag band. There is no serial number or any other way for them to track your mags as long as you don't take them out in public.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

I have quite a few friends (and, through my daughter, family) who live in a "sanctuary country" about 15 miles north of me. Worst case, store my mags with someone up there. Then they can come in, try to seize stuff, arrest the sheriff, cause general mayhem and a (state) constitutional crisis over some injection molded polymer (or however Magpul makes their stuff) or aluminum. Incredibly stupid if you ask me. Sending in troopers who actually live in the area to go anger the locals won't go over well.

The bulk of troopers in my district live nearby as I'm near I-74, 80, and 88. A huge majority of those troopers (probably all of them) are small town boys, farm boys who grew up with guns and hunting. Every rank and file I've "small talked" with about gun control has told me that the FOID is a joke, they (generally, absent a few idiots) love CCL holders, and that they would have a hard time enforcing any new gun control because they believe what's on the books now is unconstitutional. I'm not terribly worried. Just bide my time then hop the fence to Iowa when I can. Already formulating an exit strategy before all of this started. I just need to decide whether I wanna buy an AK before or after I gtfo.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

https://www.sj-r.com/news/20190805/pritzker-said-he-met-with-staff-about-gun-control-following-weekend-shootings

"Pritzker said he met with staff about gun control following weekend shootings"

...Just over the weekend I huddled with my senior staff to talk about what it is we can do in the state of Illinois,” Pritzker said at a bill signing event in Chicago. “There are a number of things.”

Pritzker didn’t elaborate on those things, nor did his office respond to follow-up questions....

Do any of you think that an AWB would exclude rimfires like the 10/22?

Nope, I would guess the 10/22 would be included because it accepts a removable magazine, same with 'ranch' rifles like the Mini-14 and many other semi-auto popular hunting rifles that accept removable magazines.

I figured they would try that. And I have some of the older RamLine 30 & 50 rd. mags for mine. Time to G.T.F.O.O.I. :devil:

And so it begins...http://www.wsiltv.com/story/40900928/illinois-republicans-say-theyre-open-to-certain-gun-control-proposals

MARION (WSIL) -- A pair of Illinois congressmen say they're open to certain gun control measures.

President Donald Trump said Friday that he's hoping to see "meaningful" background checks, plus a "red flag" law that stops dangerous people from having guns.

Serious discussions are taking place between House and Senate leadership on meaningful Background Checks. I have also been speaking to the NRA, and others, so that their very strong views can be fully represented and respected. Guns should not be placed in the hands of.....
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

....mentally ill or deranged people. I am the biggest Second Amendment person there is, but we all must work together for the good and safety of our Country. Common sense things can be done that are good for everyone!
— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump)

U.S. Rep. John Shimkus, ® Collinsville, said he's open to regulating the size of ammo clips after the Dayton shooting last weekend.

"He was able to squeeze off so many rounds," Shimkus said, referencing how many people died despite law enforcement's quick response to the scene. "You have to applaud law enforcement, but that probably can be addressed too as far as clip size and stuff like that."

The House passed two gun control measures in February, including one to expand background checks. U.S. Rep. Mike Bost, ® Murphysboro, voted against those proposals.

"I always have believed in background checks as long as the language the background check is in doesn't have some other language that goes after the Second Amendment rights of the people," Bost said.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says the Senate will discuss gun control measures next month.

I'm surprised he's been so restrained, especially after the recent shooting. I can only imagine he's trying to not stir up too much crap (after the recent tax o' palooza) until he gets that progressive tax authorized next year.

Just like Steves prior FOIA where the gun control discussions with the governor were redacted, I am sure they are talking behind the scenes and planning.

I'm surprised he's been so restrained, especially after the recent shooting. I can only imagine he's trying to not stir up too much crap (after the recent tax o' palooza) until he gets that progressive tax authorized next year.

Just like Steves prior FOIA where the gun control discussions with the governor were redacted, I am sure they are talking behind the scenes and planning.

Exactly

And so it begins...http://www.wsiltv.com/story/40900928/illinois-republicans-say-theyre-open-to-certain-gun-control-proposals

MARION (WSIL) -- A pair of Illinois congressmen say they're open to certain gun control measures.

President Donald Trump said Friday that he's hoping to see "meaningful" background checks, plus a "red flag" law that stops dangerous people from having guns.

Serious discussions are taking place between House and Senate leadership on meaningful Background Checks. I have also been speaking to the NRA, and others, so that their very strong views can be fully represented and respected. Guns should not be placed in the hands of.....

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 9, 2019

....mentally ill or deranged people. I am the biggest Second Amendment person there is, but we all must work together for the good and safety of our Country. Common sense things can be done that are good for everyone!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) August 9, 2019

U.S. Rep. John Shimkus, ® Collinsville, said he's open to regulating the size of ammo clips after the Dayton shooting last weekend.

"He was able to squeeze off so many rounds," Shimkus said, referencing how many people died despite law enforcement's quick response to the scene. "You have to applaud law enforcement, but that probably can be addressed too as far as clip size and stuff like that."

The House passed two gun control measures in February, including one to expand background checks. U.S. Rep. Mike Bost, ® Murphysboro, voted against those proposals.

"I always have believed in background checks as long as the language the background check is in doesn't have some other language that goes after the Second Amendment rights of the people," Bost said.

Senate Majority Leader Mitch McConnell says the Senate will discuss gun control measures next month.

As far as Shimkus goes, I received this email recently. Snippets:

Dear Mr. *#$@#$&

I’m writing to let you know that a member of my staff is coming to $$#^&%^& soon. This is an opportunity to meet one on one with someone from my office who can help with any problems you may be having with a federal agency.

A member of my staff will be in %$^#$% on Thursday. Area residents who cannot attend in person may contact my local office at (618) 288-7190.

More information on constituent services is also available on my website: shimkus.house.gov . There you can sign up for a weekly email newsletter, periodic veterans and grant notice email newsletters, and send me an email. I also maintain Facebook and YouTube accounts, where regular updates are posted.

If you’d prefer not to receive future emails from me or my office, you can opt-out.

Thanks for reading and hope to see you soon.

Sincerely,

John Shimkus

Member of Congress

• 3 weeks later...

I was around when the waiting period was enacted. It was called a 'cooling off period' back then to stop crimes of passion. That's how they described back then. Again, if you own more than that one gun you're attempting to buy, the waiting period means absolutely nothing.

I wonder if anyone has ever bought a gun, then waited three days, then went back and said, "You know something? That dude I was gonna smoke ain't such a bad feller after all. Can I have my money back. I don't need no gun."

I wonder if that's ever happened. :cool:

"Meanwhile, Illinois Lt. Gov. Juliana Stratton says President Donald Trump’s rhetoric has no place in America.

Stratton says the president’s language has caused division."

This is what really rankles me. Trump isn't racist, and the things he says aren't racist. But the democrats say he's racist, and that's what makes people angry. So, it's actually the democrats that are getting people angry and causing the division.

This is what JB wants. Whisk control. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Assault whisks.

Nobody needs a whisk with that many loops!

I'm sure the founding fathers of mixing things in bowls never imagined that technology would advance so far.

Only top level, highly trained executive chefs should have access to that kind of mixing capability. Everyone else should be relegated to the use of a standard wooden spoon.

Oh you should see the stuff they label as contraband and actually arrest people for. Pens. Pocket knives. I looked at the Twitter feed of one of the London Metro Police precincts (think that's how they label them) and laughed in horror at what they were seizing and labeling "weapons." Then there's this....

1918c0b74debe2cca9c7c3760797aa01.jpg

Originally found in a garbage can. Can you imagine what would happen if police here found 3 loaded handguns in a garbage can? This is SOP for London cops.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

Archived