UPDATE 1/1/13 NEW Developments

Tvandermyde

with the 7th just calling the no concealed carry in Illlinois as unconstitutional.... how can illinois turn around and try to pass a total gun ban? this doesnt make sense

This is a fantastic question. Apparently, since the ruling didn't go their way, they're going to ignore the court.

I believe the vegas term would be doubling down. Though Considering we have won Heller, McDonald and Moore I guess this would be Quadrupling down?

Either way call your State Senators tomorrow and if you have free time your reps too. Let them hear our voice.

I believe this more of an attempt to get some chips when going up against the concealed carry bill.

They are attempting this, hoping to say, "we'll drop that Bill if you agree to may issue, an exemption for cook County and oh, yeah, a high cap magazine ban".

My personal feelings?

If they want to play ball let's play.

Let's block any concealed carry until June 9, 2013 and then strap on hoglegs and wander around Chicagio's Miracle Mile while enjoying our new Court ordered Constitutional Carry

Just sent Faxes to both of my Anti-2A politicians to both local and Springfield offices.

Now for the laugh.

Senate : Emil Jones III

Repres: Bob Rita

Sorry fellow members, I do my best every election to kick butts but with Bobby Rush voted in again, I am at wits end.

Todd. Just wondering. I'm an hour from Springfield. I would love to experience the debate and vote first hand. Would it be feasible for me to attend?

Floor debates are open to the public. The problem is knowing when the actual debate and vote will be. If you want to go, go! Leave your 3 1/2" pocket knives and your NRA bullet keychains in the car though. There are metal detectors at the entrances.

Tim

I believe this more of an attempt to get some chips when going up against the concealed carry bill.

They are attempting this, hoping to say, "we'll drop that Bill if you agree to may issue, an exemption for cook County and oh, yeah, a high cap magazine ban".

My personal feelings?

Let's block any concealed carry until June 9, 2013 and then strap on hoglegs and wander around Chicagio's Miracle Mile while enjoying our new Court ordered Constitutional Carry

I will be right there with you on the mag mile Bud. Better have someone recording though unless you want the CPD to send you off with a few extra holes.

Guys NRA is fully engaged and giving me the support I have asked for.

But we have limited time. So we are doing everything we can.

This is really, really underhanded. This is as sneaky as it gets. Why didnt they' just try something on Christmas Eve? We may wait for months and months for them to only decide when they might vote on a carry bill. When it comes to an outrageous, unrealistic ban, there's somebody working behind the scenes on the holidays to get done at a moments notice!? This is really sleazy.

This has got to end. We can't go through this every year. Something needs to be done to these criminals to hold them at least partially financially liable for the court costs they incur if they're going to keep testing the courts and wasting tax dollars year after year. Without fear of some type of repercussions, they will just keep throwing these bills out after defeats and wasting our money. This is their own pet projects. Nobody's writing letters telling them to pass this crap.

This is really, really underhanded. This is as sneaky as it gets. Why didnt they' just try something on Christmas Eve? We may wait for months and months for them to only decide when they might vote on a carry bill. When it comes to an outrageous, unrealistic ban, there's somebody working behind the scenes on the holidays to get done at a moments notice!? This is really sleazy.

This has got to end. We can't go through this every year. Something needs to be done to these criminals to hold them at least partially financially liable for the court costs they incur if they're going to keep testing the courts and wasting tax dollars year after year. Without fear of some type of repercussions, they will just keep throwing these bills out after defeats and wasting our money. This is their own pet projects. Nobody's writing letters telling them to pass this crap.

Vote them out of office.

My personal feelings?

Good luck with that. I hope you have your FOID, CFP and your firearm registration in order. Of course, you will still be arrested and prosecuted for violating Chicago's firearm ordinance and probably disorderly conduct as well. Eventually you may cleared by an appellate court, but you will have spent tens of thousands on legals fees and probably spent a fair amount of time behind bars.

We cannot just run out the clock. We need a state law with preemption.

Good news, I was worried they were just going to do a mag ban or something they could actually have a chance with. This is so over reaching and already covered by scotus. What morons!

The more malice and oppression they put in these bills, the better! lol. But it's quite infuriating. If they succeed in bringing the hammer down on lawful gun-owners, the worse they make it, the bigger the blow-back will be. They should think about the Unintended Consequences. Anger is fomenting. The President said "there will be resistance". They don't realize how bad it could get.

No, actually all I need is my Illinois Concealed Carry permit which i already have.

And since i spent eight long years working Chicago's Area 4 I doubt seriously if I will have any trouble with the CPD.

The only difference is i will be doing it openly instead of concealed.

Vote them out of office.

This isn't working so we shall have to use the sneaky underhanded tactics they use against us. Flood them with every lawsuit we can.

Hello Everyone,

I am new to this great site and I want to thank all of you for working so hard to protect all our constiutional right to bear arms. I just emailed my State Rep Rita and State Senator Jones telling them I expect them to vote to block this terrible legislation. My family has a 2nd home in Sarasota and I have a Florida concealed carry permit for when I am down there. Even though I carried just about everywhere I go down there I never thought I would ever have to pull my weapon but just last Thanksgiving week my wife and I were down there with my grandsons and there was a serious incident where I was glad I had my weapon on me. We were in our back yard playing with our grandsons and making dinner on our grill when I heard alot of screaming coming from our neighbors house. Our neighbors were going though a nasty divorce and the lady had a restraining order against her bust out husband. He showed up high on drugs and alchol carrying a large butcher knife and screaming he was going to kill her. She ran into my yard and he followed her waving the knife. I was scared for the safety of my wife and my grandsons. While on my own property I only carried a Berreta 21A 22 caliber pocket pistol. I reverted to my gun training and pull my gun and told him to drop the knife and leave my property as my wife was calling 911. I was scared but determined to do what I had to do if he kept coming towards my family. Actually is knife was bigger then my pistol. We were about 10 to 15 feet apart. We stared at each other for what seemed like forever but it was probably just a few seconds. Finally he must of realized I was not going to back down and he turned around and went to his car. The police arrived a few minutes later and arrested him a block away. If something like that can happen in the usually quite Sarasota area then something even worse can happen and happens everyday in the crime ridden Chicago area. Who knows how this story would of ended if I was not carrying that day while minding my own business on my own property. I encourage everybody else to be contacting their legislators tomorrow. I know I will be following up with mine. We all should have the right to protect our families. Thanks again to you all for fighting this very important fight.

Mike

Guys just pound the phones.

I've seen their voice mail filled up faster than they could empty it. When secretaries are going nuts and Cullertons office can't do anything but answer the phones we make our point.

Just keep calling. Call your senator, call Cullerton. Be polite and keep on going. Call every day.

Guys just pound the phones.

I've seen their voice mail filled up faster than they could empty it. When secretaries are going nuts and Cullertons office can't do anything but answer the phones we make our point.

Just keep calling. Call your senator, call Cullerton. Be polite and keep on going. Call every day.

The voice mails are already full.

Will be calling, faxing, and emailing in the morning.

Question for the attorney types on here, is there ANYTHING a law abiding citizen can do without help from The Illinois Attorney General Office or the US Dept of Justice to bring some sort of charges against those who try and pass laws that will violate my Constitutional Rights?? Do their actions equate to Treason?? I am serious.

Vote them out of office.

We tried! It should have happened last time. Theres too many non-voters that dont care who gets elected. They are not being counted. So because of laziness of others, we're under attack by the same career politicians.

Sent from my Motorola Electrify using Tapatalk 2

Archived