unregistered hand gun in Chicago

ajduenas1

Sounds like the city is making you jump through a huge number of hoops. Congrats on the win! Good luck on recovering your firearm. I suppose that they have to give it back to you (since you were found not guilty), and it's just trying to register it. Could you legally transfer it to an FFL and then back to you, in order to register it? Another PITA, but at least you'd finally be able to have it back in your home...

Sounds like the city is making you jump through a huge number of hoops. Congrats on the win! Good luck on recovering your firearm. I suppose that they have to give it back to you (since you were found not guilty), and it's just trying to register it. Could you legally transfer it to an FFL and then back to you, in order to register it? Another PITA, but at least you'd finally be able to have it back in your home...

that is the last resource I want to go through but yes that would work, I just think doing this is like giving in to the citys bullying I would rather take the beating and see were this leads.

that is the last resource I want to go through but yes that would work, I just think doing this is like giving in to the citys bullying I would rather take the beating and see were this leads.

I don't see why the transferee needs to be an FFL. There should be no reason why you can't transfer it to a private individual. File the disposition form stating you transferred it to whomever, then have him/her transfer it back to you and file a registration.

However, I don't see why you have to jump through that hoop. When they denied our pistols, before McDonald, we were able to register them under the new system after McDonald. For my SKS rifles, which were initially denied, I had to do nothing once we won the hearing. They issued the registrations automatically.

It might help to understand how the system used to work and how it works today. When you filed a registration under the old system and it was registered, you were issued a certificate with a registration number like "R######L". The "R" means registered and the "L" means long gun ("S" is short gun). If you were denied the registration they still had a number on file like "D#####L" and that firearm could no longer be registered by anyone ever again.

Under the new system, they still use that numbering system, but denials can be turned into registrations. Guns are no longer permanently unregisterable. This is why when we registered our pistols the second time they were issued an "R" number identical to the previous "D" number that was filed for them way back when they were initially denied. Likewise this occurred for my SKS rifles.

• 3 weeks later...

The city knows that prosecuting will be a loser for them, in the end. I think they pretty much know the score on these gun rights issues (but are reticent to admit as much).

They also know that they cause you to spend much more trying to get your gun back than simply buying a new gun. :angry:

The city knows that prosecuting will be a loser for them, in the end. I think they pretty much know the score on these gun rights issues (but are reticent to admit as much).

They also know that they cause you to spend much more trying to get your gun back than simply buying a new gun. :angry:

That would be true if i did not have attorney friends but luckily for me it has cost me less than the Judge !

the city attorney sounded very confident that they were gonna appeal the day it was dismissed ! lol jerks ! I was reading the hearing transcript Judge Clarence Burch sounded upset at the city attorney that was priceless ! "I Will not limit my ruling to only when he's on his way to training. My ruling applies to the statutory scheme in terms of this training within the city of Chicago, that is it, the motion to dismiss is granted "

• 1 month later...
I'd have to have a real good look at the gun when I got it back. I'd have to make sure there was no damage, scratches , chips or other caused by neglect while out of your possession. :thumbsup: Hopefully a reputable gun shop would be able to substantiate any of these damages and charge accordingly for proper repair, returning your firearm to its original pre-seized condition. I guess your lawyer could then submit the bill to the city as icing on the cake. :D

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
fyi, so this thing is still going Filed a motion to dismiss motion for sanctions and a motion to release firearm. the motion to dismiss-the administrative complaint for review they screwed up it says they have it down as CFP that was in question which is not the case just the firearm registration, Motion for sanctions- Il supreme court 138(you cant show ss# on any paper work filed)they screwed up again city filed their answer with 8 documents showing my social this its a new law that just came in January no case law on this so City is screwed on this atty said she didnt know about it I thought they were attorneys? city is ordered to withdraw the answer and court to return it to the city. Motion to release fire arm- city is ordered to preserve firearm. all motions are continued to 6-5-12.

fyi, so this thing is still going Filed a motion to dismiss motion for sanctions and a motion to release firearm. the motion to dismiss-the administrative complaint for review they screwed up it says they have it down as CFP that was in question which is not the case just the firearm registration, Motion for sanctions- Il supreme court 138(you cant show ss# on any paper work filed)they screwed up again city filed their answer with 8 documents showing my social this its a new law that just came in January no case law on this so City is screwed on this atty said she didnt know about it I thought they were attorneys? city is ordered to withdraw the answer and court to return it to the city. Motion to release fire arm- city is ordered to preserve firearm. all motions are continued to 6-5-12.

What a crock. They're screwing up the paperwork just to jack you around!! Piece of crap city.

• 4 weeks later...
So I guess its over City keeps my gun but yet I have it registered What the hey!!! , this really is a shame I am not really upset about the firearm just that they can do this, This a slap in the face for anyone in the armed forces that is fighting for our freedom and all of our Constitutional rights. this is the most corrupt messed up state in the USA ! O'well ! Anyways thanks to everyone I will be around Fighting for our right, BTW I am Hispanic, Latin or Mexican Heritage or whatever u wanna call it and would like to get Hispanic Citizen more aware that they are being denied their constitutional rights in Illinois was wondering if anyone has ideas on how to start this.(since there are a few of us here and rarely lifetime NRA members like me ! lol)

So I guess its over City keeps my gun but yet I have it registered What the hey!!! , this really is a shame I am not really upset about the firearm just that they can do this, This a slap in the face for anyone in the armed forces that is fighting for our freedom and all of our Constitutional rights. this is the most corrupt messed up state in the USA ! O'well ! Anyways thanks to everyone I will be around Fighting for our right, BTW I am Hispanic, Latin or Mexican Heritage or whatever u wanna call it and would like to get Hispanic Citizen more aware that they are being denied their constitutional rights in Illinois was wondering if anyone has ideas on how to start this.(since there are a few of us here and rarely lifetime NRA members like me ! lol)

That is a ridiculous result. Sorry to hear it.

Your idea is a good one. We have a few Chicago-area hispanic members here. You might want to approach Hector Concepcion, who is running against Luiz for Congress as well.

Archived