Chicago Right to Carry Town Hall - Logan Square

Molly B.

It was am amazing event and I can not explain how impressed I was with Molly, Radie and the rest of the speakers. I mean truly an amazing job, presentation and impact, from all speakers at different levels.

I can not thank them enough for what they do. The time, courage and effort to put on these events and tell their stories is outstanding. It was also great to be among friends old and new.

Vince

I wasn't there, I'm from downstate but I can imagine, We need MORE WOMEN to attend these things! It is ALOT harder for a rep or anyone else to tell a woman NO, you don't have the right to defend yourself in the case of a rape or other attack.

I just wanted to say thanks to everyone that is involved with making these meetings happen! I was not able to attend the meeting last night but I am glad to hear that the crowd was overall positive towards the issue. My question is, where will the next Chicago meeting take place? I'd like to suggest the Albany park area due to it's largely diverse mix of people/cultures. Like most areas of the city it is troubled with gang violence but unique due to the fact that there are many different gangs populating the area. I know the residents of the area are fed up and the police can only do so much so im sure there will be many people eager to learn and fight for the cause.

Mrs. FF recently purchased a projector for conducting training, but also for these events. She got a great deal on a folding screen, but it turns out the screen dimensions are 9' x 12'. Yep. Tried to figure out how it sets up, but it is too darn big even in our living room. Going to have to save this for outdoor events.

where did she get that screen from?

I felt bad to miss the meeting last night, especially since I live just a few blocks away, but I recently adopted a young pup and needed to attend to him after work. Thanks for all the dedication to our leaders who continue to fight the good fight. Rest assured that for every bit of gratitude you hear, it's the tip of the iceberg for our appreciation!

Onward & upward

Mrs. FF recently purchased a projector for conducting training, but also for these events. She got a great deal on a folding screen, but it turns out the screen dimensions are 9' x 12'. Yep. Tried to figure out how it sets up, but it is too darn big even in our living room. Going to have to save this for outdoor events.

where did she get that screen from?

Found it on craigslist. It's this one http://www.draperinc.com/ProjectionScreens/ScreensProducts.asp?detail=113

It was am amazing event and I can not explain how impressed I was with Molly, Radie and the rest of the speakers. I mean truly an amazing job, presentation and impact, from all speakers at different levels.

I can not thank them enough for what they do. The time, courage and effort to put on these events and tell their stories is outstanding. It was also great to be among friends old and new.

Vince

For those of you who do not know Radie, she was the victim of a home invasion about a year ago. Two men armed with tire irons broke into her home. When they tried to attack her, she defended herself with a firearm. One attacker fled the scene, the second one didn't. He won't be attacking anyone else.

Radie now wants to speak out about the right to carry in Chicago because it is not enough to have a gun in her home, residents of Chicago need to be able to carry it with them.

• 2 weeks later...

I would have liked to have gone to this, But I'm working at that time of day, And it was take a day off for that or IGOLD.

I choose IGOLD,

Was colon, or berrios there ?

Colon is backing berrios for re-election and this is in the mailing he has sent out.

" Toni defeated legislation that would have legalized concealed firearms. She has led the fight in Springfield to make our community safer and restore cuts in state funding for the highly effective Cease-Fire program, which has helped reduce shootings in our neighborhoods: "

Archived