My synopsis is below. If you want to see the whole thing, use the link.
Executive Action to Reduce Gun Violence
- Bring the vast majority of private sales, including at gun shows and online, under the existing background check umbrella.
- Extend the existing requirement to report bulk sales to nearly all gun sales.
- Expand the number of sales covered by existing age restriction provisions.
- Instruct my Attorney General to go after the interstate and transnational gun trafficking trade.
- Direct the ATF to prioritize oversight of dealers with serial compliance violations.
- Appoint an attorney general committed to investigating the NRA.
- Close the so-called boyfriend loophole by defining intimate partner to include anyone with a domestic violence conviction involving any form of romantic partner.
- Overturn Trump-era policies enabling 3-D printed guns, regulate 80% receivers as firearms, and reverse the ATF ruling that allows a shooter to convert a pistol to a short-barreled rifle using pistol braces.
- Transfer exports of semi-automatic firearms and ammunition from the State Department to the Commerce Department, and prevent the import of foreign-manufactured assault weapons into the United States.
Enact the most sweeping set of anticorruption reforms since Watergate - a set of big structural changes that includes ending lobbying as we know it and slamming shut the revolving door.
Legislation to Reduce Gun Violence
- Create a federal licensing system for the purchase of any type of firearm or ammunition.
- Require universal background checks.
- Increase taxes on gun manufacturers.
- Establish a one-week waiting period for all firearm purchases.
- Limit the number of guns that can be purchased to one per month.
- Create a new federal anti-gun-trafficking law for trafficking firearms or engaging in straw purchases.
- Raise the minimum age for gun purchases at 21 for all gun sales.
- Pass a new federal assault weapons ban and require individuals already in possession of assault weapons to register them.
- Ban high-capacity ammunition magazines.
- Prohibit silencers, trigger cranks, and other mechanisms that increase the rate of fire or make semi-automatic weapons fully automatic.
- Pass extreme risk protection laws to temporarily restrict access to firearms for individuals in crisis or at elevated risk of harming themselves or others.
- Prohibit anyone convicted of a hate crime from owning a gun.
- Close the boyfriend loophole and expand the law to include individuals with restraining orders or who have been convicted of stalking.
- Improve the Gun-Free School Zones Act to include college and university campuses, and apply to individuals licensed by a state or locality to carry a firearm.
- Repeal the Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act.
- Hold gun manufacturers strictly liable for the harm they cause through a federal private right of action.
- Fully fund ATF's regulatory and compliance programs and remove the riders and restrictions that prevent it from doing its job.
- Repeal the provision of law that prevents the Consumer Product Safety Commission from regulating the safety of firearms and their accessories.
- Pass basic safety standards for federally-licensed gun dealers, including employee background checks, locked cabinets, and up-to-date inventories of the weapons they have in stock.
- Impose criminal liability and jail time for corporate executives when their company is found guilty of a crime or their negligence causes severe harm to American families.
Include an annual investment for DOJ and HHS to conduct research into the root causes of gun violence and the most effective ways to prevent it, including by analyzing gun trafficking patterns and researching new technologies to improve gun safety.