FOID “Denied”

Team, in February of this year I applied for my FOID Card. After about a month I received a letter in the mail that I have been denied on my application. I called the Illinois State police and they told me that I answered a question wrong regarding if I have been discharged from the military. I have never been in the military so I filed an appeal in order to get it corrected. Its been almost 9 months and I have still not heard a thing from them. I have been calling daily for two months straight to Illinois State police trying to get an answer on how long its going to take to receive my card each time I call I get a message telling me to call back during normal business hours in which each time I call it is within normal business hours . I have sent several letters and emails asking for the status of my appeal I have not received any replies. Because of their lack of communication I am missing out hunting with my sons. I have never been in trouble with the law or anything like that I have a clean record and Im trying to do the right thing by getting my FOID card in doing everything legal the way it should be. Can anyone give me any advice on how I can get this corrected and receive my card soon? Thank you very much!