Pritzker is now under a federal investigation for propert tax scams

steveTA84

Maybe wishful thinking but seems like a lot of Fed stuff going on these days. Charges forthcoming for Burke hopefully. 2 years listening to Munoz/Burke. Feds looking into Jelly Belly. USPS hopefully working on Smollet. Whatever is going on, I like it.

Amazing that all the crooked Illinois politicians who have been caught wind up in federal court.

After serving 16 years as the Illinois Attorney General Lisa Madigan never found an crooked Illinois politician to indict.

Simply amazing how that works.

From the Fox News article-

Pritzker went on to call the matter "a political issue" raised by his opponents during last year's gubernatorial campaign and said he was focused on his work as governor.

Of course it is political.

If the motivation is political does that invalidate the charge? It certainly doesn't seem to when it is against a Kavanaugh or a Trump.

But it is also apparently against several laws, and I think as most everyone would agree, it can be both illegal and political at the same time, and still be wrong.

The fact that the Feds have been so involved in investigating corruption in Illinois over the past two decades while the State's Attorney has not is an embarrassment.

He's been under investigation for a while now. Probably 3 or 4 years. Believe Madigan was caught on that wire back in 2015 so this is a very, very deep investigation that's designed to produce indictments. Wanna drain the swamp? Gotta get Chicago too. Gotta get California. Gotta get NY. This is going to be a very deep cleaning.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I heard from what I believe to be a very credible source that Madigan will be in a world of legal hurt come end of May.

One could hope

I would call those pipe dreams.

Madigan is far more disciplined and understands the game better than most.

I have no love for him, but he understands the laws, because he helped write them. He knows extremely well the things that he can legally get away with. He's not like Burke or Jackson Jr, or any of the people who can't control themselves.

I heard from what I believe to be a very credible source that Madigan will be in a world of legal hurt come end of May.

One could hope

I have no love for him, but he understands the laws, because he helped write them. He knows extremely well the things that he can legally get away with. He's not like Burke or Jackson Jr, or any of the people who can't control themselves.

Yep, he designed and authored the playbook.. The man knows full well what he can and can't get away with. He knows when not to use electronic communication. He knows when not to have a conversation over the phone.. Unless he got roped in to a phone conversation or roped in to an email exchange, I just can't see them having much on him that will actually stick..

Sociopaths are very good at doing evil.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived