FOID expiration looms

My Foid expires on 2-1-19.

I started the renewal process on 11-24-19

Since I don't want to get jammed up on my CCL by my FOID expiring and I have to have a valid FOID for work.

When should I start emailing and calling my State reps?

I really shouldn't have to worry about this but I don't need the hassle of an expired FOID

FOID like the CCL does not expire IF you have renewed before the expire date.

Keep a copy of the renewal with you just in case.

All will be well our new friend, Welcome to the forums.

Scroll thru the threads about this same subject and the reading will assist you greatly.

The timelines seem to vary but most are getting a straight up FOID in 60 to 80 days with out hitches.

Deep breathes, cool brews, and maybe so hot wings........

Since I don't want to get jammed up on my CCL by my FOID expiring and I have to have a valid FOID for work.

I really shouldn't have to worry about this but I don't need the hassle of an expired FOID

60 business days

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

I will have issues at work if my FOID isn't renewed on time.

I really don't need the hassle.

You shouldn't have any issues. Like others have said your current FOID is good till you get the new card as long as you have renewed before the original card expired. You have renewed so no worries.

You sure about that? You started the renewal 9 months after it expired? or did you mean it expires on 1 Feb 2020?

FWIW my FOID expires 1 Feb 2020. I started the renewal on 4 Nov 2019, got a form letter that they are renewed within 60 days. It is now the 4th of January and my status still shows "Under Review."

Regardless, Under the authority of 430 ILCS 65/5 (B), If a renewal application has been submitted prior to the expiration date of the applicant's Firearm Owner's Identification Card, the Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall remain valid while the Department processes the application, unless the person is subject to or becomes subject to revocation under this Act.

So you are good to go as am I.

You sure about that? You started the renewal 9 months after it expired? or did you mean it expires on 1 Feb 2020?

FWIW my FOID expires 1 Feb 2020. I started the renewal on 4 Nov 2019, got a form letter that they are renewed within 60 days. It is now the 4th of January and my status still shows "Under Review."

Regardless, Under the authority of 430 ILCS 65/5 (B), If a renewal application has been submitted prior to the expiration date of the applicant's Firearm Owner's Identification Card, the Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall remain valid while the Department processes the application, unless the person is subject to or becomes subject to revocation under this Act.

The orange "RENEW" button will appear when the FOID card holder is eligible to renew the card. FOID card holders will also be notified by US mail, 60 days prior to the expiration of their FOID card. Please allow up to 60 business days to process your renewal application, plus mailing, to receive your card. FOID cards will not be forwarded by the U.S. Postal Service.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

From the ISP FB page:

We currently have approximately 62,000 FOID applications under review which includes new, renewals and changes.

FOID card holders will remain valid throughout the renewal process, as long as they apply for their card renewal prior to the expiration date on their FOID card.

The ISP’s FSB is currently working on implementing a Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) solution to provide much needed improvements and efficiencies to the call center. The State of Illinois vendor contract with Presidio has an estimated implementation cost of $750,000 with a recurring monthly cost of $10,000; these costs are being paid for through the State Police Firearm Services Fund. The new VoIP system allows for not only automated processes, such as completing an application without having to speak to an agent, it is also interactive. It will work in conjunction with the existing system and agents to populate their computer with information ahead of receiving a caller, to better and more quickly assist them.

The call flow allows callers to select their specific issues and potentially resolve them independent of an agent. The system will also enable a person to request a call back without having to remain on the line. In addition, it will provide callers the ability to renew a FOID card or Concealed Carry License (CCL) with no address change over the phone, including payment, without speaking to a live agent.

Until improvements in the call center are completed, there are four methods for obtaining assistance with FOID/CCL related issues. Applicants may call (217) 782-7980; they can visit the Illinois State Police home page and click the Firearms tab to the left where they will find a section related directly to FOID/CCL, complete with a FAQ section: https://www.ispfsb.com/; for video tutorials related to FOID/CCL, they can visit https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCqmvVzpfjsojFnd50HndO5A; or they can email the FSB at ISP.ASKFOID@illinois.gov where a customer service agent can provide assistance.

I think the op is concerned he won't have a new valid FOID in hand. The expired FOID with receipt is valid to the police, but his company may not accept that. LGS usually won't accept a card that is expired. Store policy.

You have a valid FOID... and you will after its expiration date. I'd hope your employer knows the law.

You should probably contact ISP and your rep on Monday morning.

Applicants may call (217) 782-7980

My original post is a typo. The expiration date is 2-1-20

Not too concerned with local management. Corporate I don't have much faith in right now.

Taking an involuntary vacation because of a corporate lawyer is not something I want to endure.

You might discuss it with them. If they were to call the person to person number on 2/2, it would verify you are still valid.

• 3 weeks later...

Regardless, Under the authority of 430 ILCS 65/5 ( :cool:, If a renewal application has been submitted prior to the expiration date of the applicant's Firearm Owner's Identification Card, the Firearm Owner's Identification Card shall remain valid while the Department processes the application, unless the person is subject to or becomes subject to revocation under this Act.

60 business days for me will be the 1st of Feb,. Still showing Under Review.