Pro-2A Resolutions - Game Plan and Resources thread

GarandFan

I did extend appreciation on our behalf to Mr. Genn. I will tell the others. also Mr. Glenn said he would email me the exact context of the resolution they voted on just so you all can see how they phrased it.

I wasn't sure if any other county included an attatchment about LTC....

Absolutely fantastic there Grasshopper!!!

Uncle AB is proud!!

We need to consider a promotion from grasshopper!! What's next in line?

AB

I just sent another letter to the DuPage County Chairman and my three board members.

I fully expect the same response as my other e-mails - silence.

I'd probably feel better if they just told me to get lost. :headbang1:

If the 2 caucuses meet, find out when and visit the Republican caucus.

I did extend appreciation on our behalf to Mr. Genn. I will tell the others. also Mr. Glenn said he would email me the exact context of the resolution they voted on just so you all can see how they phrased it.

Uncle AB is proud!!

AB

I'll tell you exactly what's next in line as far as this grasshopper is concerned and that's Champaign Co. Just gotta get passed some issues on the home front and then it's game on. We just need help from Champaign co residents that are willing and able to do the leg work.

Just Say'n

Uncle AB is proud!!

AB

I'll tell you exactly what's next in line as far as this grasshopper is concerned and that's Champaign Co. Just gotta get passed some issues on the home front and then it's game on. We just need help from Champaign co residents that are willing and able to do the leg work.

Just Say'n

Sic 'em nephew!!!!

Uncle AB is proud!!

AB

Just Say'n

Sic 'em nephew!!!!

Ya we will, It's just Champaign is a different animal than Douglas and we just don't know how to go about it. We have ideas but they're a bit desperate...

Uncle AB is proud!!

AB

Just Say'n

Sic 'em nephew!!!!

Ya we will, It's just Champaign is a different animal than Douglas and we just don't know how to go about it. We have ideas but they're a bit desperate...

You have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neither do most other folks out there!

You have to understand the UI Board of Regents connection, the Chicago connection, a University that will hire as as professor, a recognized terrorist and that same U controls everything that happens in this county.............you guys have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It honestly is like no other county out there, including Cook! What is being fought in Cook, is being fought here, + some!!!!!

But, welcome to the fight. Your youth and enthusiasm are desperately needed.

Uncle AB is proud!!

AB

Just Say'n

Sic 'em nephew!!!!

You have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!! Neither do most other folks out there!

You have to understand the UI Board of Regents connection, the Chicago connection, a University that will hire as as professor, a recognized terrorist and that same U controls everything that happens in this county.............you guys have no idea!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

It honestly is like no other county out there, including Cook! What is being fought in Cook, is being fought here, + some!!!!!

But, welcome to the fight. Your youth and enthusiasm are desperately needed.

I know, desperate times call for desperate measures. Which is in part why I'm looking forward to seeing you at the GSL meeting in May :headbang1:

I just know in my heart, where there is a will there is a way.It's all about getting the MASSES to agree.

Grasshopper, I would agree with that, except in unusual circumstances...of which, this is one!

Trust me, I am totally on your side, and will do what I can to continue to attempt, after 2 yrs of effort, to get Champaign County in line; but, believe me, you are about to improve upon your education!

If anyone needs the history of the 2A Res in Champaign County, I'll be glad to respond!

Yes sir I hear you, but we must keep trying. We shall find a way to enlist willing and able bodies to get the message out and then we can use more educated, distinguished folks such as yourself to give us guidance and direction. I would like to think GSL would be willing and able to provide such guidance and direction as well.

Edgar, Douglas and Champaign are where I spend my time so I am willing to help out as much as I can afford in those counties.

I'm just lost as to how to go about it.

Yes, we will keep trying! I just want you to understand, that Champaign county is a whole new ball game compared to anything else out there!

You're lost as to how to go about it? Hey, Grasshopper, welcome to the club, and I been workin' on it for 2 yrs!

Remember, that at one point, it was on the Board agenda!

Like I said, Champaign county is a whole new ball game!

OK...here's the thing:

Instead of focusing so much on Cook County, what if all of "downstate Illinois" focused on Champaign county?

Pressure, pressure, pressure!

Who do you align with? Mayor Daley, or your next door neighbor?

I'm convinced that Champaign County will never go pro 2A Res if we depend on the county itself to make it happen.

Pressure has to come from other "grassroots counties" that have seen the light!

Am I makin' any sense?

I believe that if we can get this friggn' county to pass the 2A Res, everything will fall into place!

I hear ya coach, I hear ya sir...

On a side note, I do think a thank you letter to the Douglas Co board would be nice. I'm going to see what I can draft up and then I think I'll take it around to some of the people who really helped push this and have them sign it. But really there are two board members who I want to express special appreciation to because they were opposed at first but then came around. Is it good manners to single out certain members in such a letter? May need some help on that part.

I have realized in my time here that it's sometimes just as important to send such notes and encouragment to the folks who vote our way as it is to send the more "demanding" letters and calls and such.

I just sent another letter to the DuPage County Chairman and my three board members.

I fully expect the same response as my other e-mails - silence.

I'd probably feel better if they just told me to get lost. :D

New here, former concealed carrier in TX. Let me know how I can help in DuPage.

Welcome to the group! We could use all the help we can get.

As far as DuPage goes, more pressure on the County Board would help. You can find your county board members on the website below along with their e-mail addresses. Write and ask them to get the Pro-2A Resolution before the board. There is strength in numbers!!

http://www.dupageco.org/cobrd/generic.cfm?doc_id=272

Okay, I do not know about anyother Dupage residents, but I am getting tired of our county officals ignoring us! I have made contact via phone/email with three county board members. All three that I have had contact with said that they supported the resolution, but then they mysteriously disappear when it comes time to bring up the measure.

The past couple of elections for board have been razor thin. If we can get a pettition going and present it to them, that could change minds. When you only win by a couple of hundred votes and you get a petittion of a few thousand you tend to act.

So would anyone in Duapge be intrested in collecting some signatures? Maybe I should also collect signatures to get on the ballot while Im at it? :thumbsup:

Did heck freeze over while I wasn't looking? Did the Cubs win the World Series? Did I win just $10,000,000 in a beauty contest? Did I just actually get a call back from a member of the DuPage County Board????????

Holy Crap!!! I can't believe it.

He said he has spoken with some other members of the board and he wants to pursue it. I asked him if he thought there was a chance it could get passed and his reply was "They are Republicans, why wouldn't they be for it?"

OK, now that I have my feet back on the ground I'll be realistic. I've been working on this since May 4th, 2007 {that's the date on the letter I got back from the board chairman} and have been been disappointed before.

I'm trying not to get my hopes up. He says he should know something in a week and asked me to contact him on his cell next Tuesday. He did not ask for any documentation but I offered the Pro-2A template and some resolutions passed by other counties.

{fingers and toes crossed here}

More info in about a week.

• 3 weeks later...

Sad news - DuPage County goes in the red column. Politics has raised it's ugly head and my advocate on the board says that he does not have the votes to pass it. He has 7 definite Yes and a 2 maybes that are for it but won reelection by close votes and don't want to give any ammunition the the liberals.

He will not bring it up for a vote unless he can pass it so as not to feed the opposition in the next election.

As I explained before, the DuPage board has 18 members with the president voting only to break a 9-9 tie.

He needed 10 votes so as not to involved the board chairman who will not cast a controversial vote because he is contemplating a run for governor on the Repubican side.

I sent all the refernce material we had here and the GOP Platform but it all comes down to politics. I asked if a lot of e-mails, calls and faxes would make a difference but he did not think so.

We all knew DuPage would be a long shot

Sorry.

Sad news - DuPage County goes in the red column. Politics has raised it's ugly head and my advocate on the board says that he does not have the votes to pass it. He has 7 definite Yes and a 2 maybes that are for it but won reelection by close votes and don't want to give any ammunition the the liberals.

He will not bring it up for a vote unless he can pass it so as not to feed the opposition in the next election.

As I explained before, the DuPage board has 18 members with the president voting only to break a 9-9 tie.

He needed 10 votes so as not to involved the board chairman who will not cast a controversial vote because he is contemplating a run for governor on the Repubican side.

I sent all the refernce material we had here and the GOP Platform but it all comes down to politics. I asked if a lot of e-mails, calls and faxes would make a difference but he did not think so.

We all knew DuPage would be a long shot

Sorry.

Well, since it didn't actually go up for a vote and you seem to imply it can still come up for a vote (once it's assured of passing), does it necessarily have to go red? Could it remain yellow while additional votes are sought?

Anything we can do to help get those extra votes? He said letters, calls and emails might not help; so I'm not sure what we can do...but I'm sure we'd be open to suggestions.

I say label it red and throw it in their face......if they dont want any controversy then tough....its called freedom and personally I say we ought to start working the public pressure the other direction.

tea party protests in conjunction with DuPage hates freedom rallies make 'em look as bad as congress and keep the pressure on :laugh:

Archived