Anti-Gun Group to Protest Opening of Portillo's in Deerfield

spaceman spiff

I want to send him a model plane to put together, he clearly needs a hobby.

Yes, he needs a hobby, but first he needs a conscience. In order for him to put that model plane together, he has to stop trying to impose his views on others - which is a moral failing - that requires a conscience adjustment or transplant.

I won't get into the moral failing of forcing his views on others, as that's a two way street in politics.

Does anybody have Goodman's address? I want to send him a model plane to put together, he clearly needs a hobby.

Make sure it's not a military model plane. He might get scared of the little plastic gun barrels on it.

After reading Dick Portillo's comments, I'll have to make a trip to get Portillo's this weekend. Their Italian beef is second to none.

So, kinda on topic, but if not a Admin can remove!

What we need is a card(i.e. Business) size which has the positive side I've seen somewhere.

Made to say Thank You along with the we support your business and will spend our hard earned money with you!

Not negative side needed.

And then we can visit these places being bombarded with the requests to post signage or put up with a protest and let them know as much as we can that we are showing up to support them.

Have the owners/managers receive several cards a day/week/month wherever we shop would be our way of signaling that their decision was well founded.

Just my take.

Across the Portillio's chain getting cars would add up fatst, even if you/we only visit once a month, we do have lots of members!

Personally, I'm a big fan of their chopped salad. I love their grilled burgers, but I'm told you get a free home angioplasty kit after every burger.

They're always on our short list of places to eat if we're looking to go out.

The interesting thing is that the Portillo's nearest my house (at 53 and Boughton) occasionally has armed plainclothes security. Don't know if there's a reason behind it.

Bri

In case you wondered what Lee Goodman's objective is...

He is quoted as saying "About 200,000 people in Illinois have these permits and they very much care about the signs," he said. "To the extent it won't stop the maniac or armed robber, they're right, but that's not what the signs are for."

In other words, he admits he does not actually care about making places safer - he is only out to prevent lawful, background checked civilians from exercising our rights, or being prepared for defense of self.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20161115/news/161119335/

Spinning it around... Lee Goodman admits the signs won't stop a maniac or armed robber!

There's a new Mariano's opening up at the corner of Golf & Elmhurst. Course, if they're banned....

I feel a little sorry for these places. All they're wanting to do is comply with the law, then Goodman and his ilk try to disrupt that for their own personal gain.

Does anybody have Goodman's address? I want to send him a model plane to put together, he clearly needs a hobby.

I'm looking forward to the Golf & Mt Prospect Mariano's store opening. It is about a mile or so from where I work (and I drive by the site on my way home).

I believe the former Dominick's at Golf and Elmhurst is being turned into a Krystyna's Deli, but haven't seen any progress there.

There's a new Mariano's opening up at the corner of Golf & Elmhurst. Course, if they're banned....

I feel a little sorry for these places. All they're wanting to do is comply with the law, then Goodman and his ilk try to disrupt that for their own personal gain.

I'm looking forward to the Golf & Mt Prospect Mariano's store opening. It is about a mile or so from where I work (and I drive by the site on my way home).

I believe the former Dominick's at Golf and Elmhurst is being turned into a Krystyna's Deli, but haven't seen any progress there.

Whoops, that's right, it's Golf & Mt. Prospect Road, my bad. Was a bus sales place for a loooooong time.

And yeah, they're taking their sweet time converting that old Dominicks. I know Jewel took over the one at Grand & York in Elmhurst, they set up shop real quick.

In case you wondered what Lee Goodman's objective is...

He is quoted as saying "About 200,000 people in Illinois have these permits and they very much care about the signs," he said. "To the extent it won't stop the maniac or armed robber, they're right, but that's not what the signs are for."

In other words, he admits he does not actually care about making places safer - he is only out to prevent lawful, background checked civilians from exercising our rights, or being prepared for defense of self.

http://www.dailyherald.com/article/20161115/news/161119335/

Spinning it around... Lee Goodman admits the signs won't stop a maniac or armed robber!

Yes, Goodman just wants to punish people he doesn't like.

Whoops, that's right, it's Golf & Mt. Prospect Road, my bad. Was a bus sales place for a loooooong time.

And yeah, they're taking their sweet time converting that old Dominicks. I know Jewel took over the one at Grand & York in Elmhurst, they set up shop real quick.

The former Dominick's at Dundee & Buffalo Grove turned into a Garden Fresh fairly quickly. I'm wondering if the old Dominick's space was too big for Krystyna's?

Unfortunately, since my employer prohibits their employees from being anything other than targets, I will probably never get to carry at the future Mariano's site.

• 1 month later...

The former Dominick's at Dundee & Buffalo Grove turned into a Garden Fresh fairly quickly. I'm wondering if the old Dominick's space was too big for Krystyna's?

Unfortunately, since my employer prohibits their employees from being anything other than targets, I will probably never get to carry at the future Mariano's site.

The corporation that bought out Dominick's, Safeway, got bought out by the corporation that bought Jewel, Albertson's.

So all closed Dominick's (near a Jewel, or maybe not.) are now poison locations for new grocery stores.

I recently found out the lease holder of the Dominicks property that closed in town is currently being held by ...... Jewel....... Word is its good till 2019 and they are NOT going to let anyone else lease the space for grocery or pharmacy retail space. Their just sitting on it, so the town is a 1 grocery store town. Captive audience unless you decide to travel to another city for a competitor.

I recently found out the lease holder of the Dominicks property that closed in town is currently being held by ...... Jewel....... Word is its good till 2019 and they are NOT going to let anyone else lease the space for grocery or pharmacy retail space. Their just sitting on it, so the town is a 1 grocery store town. Captive audience unless you decide to travel to another city for a competitor.

That's exactly what happened where I live, except I think it was an even longer lease. The Village of Mundelein negotiated with Jewel for some time before it became apparent (to me, at least) that they were stalling. The Village started to draft an ordinance regarding penalties for unoccupied retail space and presto, there's another Jewel in town where the Dominicks used to be.

Archived