Anti-Gun Group to Protest Opening of Portillo's in Deerfield

spaceman spiff

Shall we all wear safety pins to demonstrate it takes the 2A to defend the 1st Amendment rights of everyone, even whack jobs?

Nah. Let them figure that out on their own.

I've been wearing a safety pin like this for years:

http://i737.photobucket.com/albums/xx11/sgm_sharrow/Obsolete%20US%20Police%20badges/USDeputyMarshallbk.jpg

;)

Can someone ask these "protesters" if they could come a little farther south with these gatherings?

It's always up north, is it an "breathe the air" thing up there?

All 5 of them live in deerfield or glenco or somewhere up there.

They came south with their gun shop tour, which was nice because I learned about gun shops I didn't even know existed :)

OrlandInstructor, on 15 Nov 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:OrlandInstructor, on 15 Nov 2016 - 12:01 PM, said:

They have 30-35 protesters standing on the corner with signs. There were at least 125 people in Portillo's when I left. They look pretty lame.

Does anyone have a diesel truck they can leave idling nearby - to keep the protesters warm, of course. :devil:

They have 30-35 protesters standing on the corner with signs. There were at least 125 people in Portillo's when I left. They look pretty lame.

What I liked was the parking lot was packed, short wait in the drive-thru. The lack of a counter-protest did make the protest fairly lame, less than 25 when I was there, a lone unidentifiable guy with a camera, and no reporter.

I just came from Portillo's, the place was packed. I didn't see the protesters, I drove around the parking lot a few times and went inside briefly, didn't see a single "signs save lives" person. They must've given up before I got there.

What I did see was a lot of folks wearing NRA hats, as well as Vietnam veterans caps who were mingling with a Deerfield Police Officer out front.

So, like the rest of Lee Goodman's demonstrations, this one looks to have been another failure. I guess he'll have to try again when the new Mariano's opens in Bannockburn.

Yes, and anti-gunners were a good distance away from Portillo's and not spending money. Pro-gunners were inside Portillo's, spending money, and talking with management who were appreciative.

Peaceful communities audio from their facebook page about today...Dick Portillos has a CCL.

..."Dick Portillo told us why people can carry guns inside Portillo's restaurants."...

https://www.facebook.com/PeacefulCommunities/videos/vb.404430559675514/1113967425388487/

That's it. I'm getting Portillo's tomorrow!

Peaceful communities audio from their facebook page about today...Dick Portillos has a CCL.

..."Dick Portillo told us why people can carry guns inside Portillo's restaurants."...

https://www.facebook.com/PeacefulCommunities/videos/vb.404430559675514/1113967425388487/

Hey Lee, get your own hot dog stand and plaster it with as many signs as you want. What a maroon!

Thanks for posting this. I was surprised to hear "much smaller" pro-2A group. I guess I should have showed up instead of expecting others to do the legwork for me.

Also what accidents??? Where are these angry accidents that Lee Goodman and his group are referencing??? There are millions of guns and I don't hear much about any accidents.

Someone needs to ask Lee G to pony up the link or news article about handgun accidents at Portillio's!

And a link or article about the gun owner who got angry at Portillio's and settled an argument or blasted away inside!

And the little old lady, the carnage is not from the bad people, it's from the normal people who have access to guns and bad things happen!

Are you F'en serious lady?

What carnage is she talking about that was committed by a normal person?

How can the news stations show this crap without doing a fact check?

They spew this garbage as legit and written in stone just because it's a group pushing its agenda?

There's a new Mariano's opening up at the corner of Golf & Elmhurst. Course, if they're banned....

I feel a little sorry for these places. All they're wanting to do is comply with the law, then Goodman and his ilk try to disrupt that for their own personal gain.

Does anybody have Goodman's address? I want to send him a model plane to put together, he clearly needs a hobby.

I want to send him a model plane to put together, he clearly needs a hobby.

Yes, he needs a hobby, but first he needs a conscience. In order for him to put that model plane together, he has to stop trying to impose his views on others - which is a moral failing - that requires a conscience adjustment or transplant.

Archived