California Exit

quackersmacker

The Californian economy is gigantic. Probably not great for the USA if they leave.

That's an interesting question. We need their oranges, pistachios, and some veggies.......measured against what do they need from us....? But seriously, it's a hugely complicated equation. If this gets seriously talked about we'll be hearing all kinds of theories. Stay tuned, because I don't think it's gonna just go away. [i also don't think it's ever gonna happen.]

The Californian economy is gigantic. Probably not great for the USA if they leave.

That's an interesting question. We need their oranges, pistachios, and some veggies.......measured against what do they need from us....? But seriously, it's a hugely complicated equation. If this gets seriously talked about we'll be hearing all kinds of theories. Stay tuned, because I don't think it's gonna just go away. [i also don't think it's ever gonna happen.]

Really this is no different than Texas talking of succession when President Obama was in office. I don't think any states leaving the union would be good for the country.

Hi,

This will never happen.

But the loss of so many Democrat members of Congress -- and of California's predominantly Democratic electoral college votes -- would have a tremendous impact on the remaining political balance.

FWIW.

Rich Phillips

Wow, that is interesting! Republicans should massively contribute to the CalExit cause!

If anything, this really demonstrates their utter disconnect from reality, or really, the utter disconnect of the political class and the upper class from reality.

Really this is no different than Texas talking of succession when President Obama was in office. I don't think any states leaving the union would be good for the country.

But I would respectfully suggest that we might want to keep Texas, and lose California..............if we had that choice???? !!!!!!!

They have one big problem though, Water comes from other states

They also have another problem: Corrupt government who likes to borrow huge sums of money from others.

One positive side to Calexit: There will never be another democrat president. 55 Electoral votes poofed.

I wonder if anyone has considered the effects of a CalExit upon the legal water rights agreements, since they would be no longer part of the United States, how many of those agreements evaporate? It's a very tangled web, and they could end up high and dry.

No states are ever gonna be allowed to leave the union imo. And to think a simple vote would be enough to do it is crazy talk. The last time states threatened to leave the United States and become independent we went to war over it.

Like them or probably more accurately for most people hate them, California is one of the largest economies in the world. The masters would much rather go to war and lose countless human lives than take that financial hit.

Several years ago, back in the 70s if I recall correctly, I read an article about a Russian General that theorized that the US would ultimately break up into six or seven smaller sub units. East coast, West coast, Midwest, Alaska Northern, between the mountain ranges, deep south, etc. At the time, I thought the guy was nuts, but as time goes by and the issues dividing us become more pronounced, his predictions seem more and more likely.

Yes. California has more than 3/4 of the United States west coast. Great land and resources. Doesn't bother me if the left wing population leaves the State or Country. But if they want to take over the State, they should need to BUY it (and provide free access to the west coast to all USA citizens.)

Several years ago, back in the 70s if I recall correctly, I read an article about a Russian General that theorized that the US would ultimately break up into six or seven smaller sub units. East coast, West coast, Midwest, Alaska Northern, between the mountain ranges, deep south, etc. At the time, I thought the guy was nuts, but as time goes by and the issues dividing us become more pronounced, his predictions seem more and more likely.

Which would suck for us being part of the liberal bastion we call Illinois.

Archived