CNN loses

JTHunter

CNN settles lawsuit with Nick Sandmann

COVINGTON, Ky. (FOX19) - CNN agreed Tuesday to settle a lawsuit with Covington Catholic student Nick Sandmann.
The amount of the settlement was not made public during a hearing at the federal courthouse in Covington, Kentucky.
Sandmann’s lawsuit sought $800 million from CNN, the Washington Post and NBC Universal.
Trial dates are still not set for Sandmann’s lawsuit against NBC Universal and the Washington Post.
The Washington Post suit sought $250 million. A federal judge let a portion of the suit go forward after The Post filed a motion to dismiss it.

https://www.fox19.com/2020/01/07/cnn-settles-lawsuit-with-nick-sandmann/

Finally ! I hope he got enough for a good college education and maybe enough to start his own business.

Guessing he will never have to work a day in his life.

Yep, I would bet money it's many millions of dollars, and even after the lawyers get done he is set for life.

And with a settlement under his belt, I'm guessing the other ones are settled as well before trial, for them it's all a numbers game, the potential for loss at trial, the cost to take it there, the potential negative fallout that may resault pushes the insurance companies backing the networks as well as the networks themselves to pay out well to avoid the further risk.

The networks colluded and wrote a knownly false narrative and ran with it, they deserve what they get.

This puts every other news channel on the spot. This puts them on the hook for any other BS they try and convince the sheep with.

It would appear the settlement didn't include a public apology.

I wouldn't count on a judgement like this holding anyone else's feet to the fire.

The modern news cycle is the media's friend. Today's news is just a shovel of dirt on yesterday's news.

The only down side is I am sure the settlement will not be large enough to make cnn take bankruptcy and close up shop. I have heard (so don't quote me on it) that the only reason cnn has not gone belly up is they have long term contract with cable/satelite providers and with airports etc. that have to either broadcast their channel or show it.

Archived