Action Alert: They Said They Knew!

mauserme

They Said They Knew!

They said they knew. They told us Representative Willis' Gun Dealer Licensing law would have no effect on the number of gun shops in Illinois. They were certain the cost of their state licensing law could be easily borne by FFL's.

They had no clue.

They never admitted that Gun Dealer Licensing would be responsible for closing roughly half of all gun shops in Illinois. They never considered the impact their law would have on over 1,200 small business owners in this state – husbands and wives, children trying to continue the family business – 1,200 gun shops that have been forced to close forever.

They never saw coming the fiasco Gun Dealer Licensing has become.

They were blind to the fact that the Illinois State Police simply can't implement the law in a timely or in a remotely understandable manner.

Yet, now they ask us to believe they know best with Representative Willis' latest fiasco waiting to happen - “Fix the FOID”.

We are told we must accept a higher annual cost to purchase our rights back from them. We are expected to bear the hundreds of dollars cost of being fingerprinted. They tell us that increasing the cost of acquiring and keeping a FOID card from $10 to hundreds of dollars will have no impact on those in financial need. They expect us to believe that requiring fingerprints will have no impact on rural FOID card holders who have limited access to fingerprint facilities. They insist that their Fix the FOID scheme won't turn millions of Illinois residents into felons overnight, all because of administrative changes that were meant to have no affect but, in reality, will make it nearly impossible to exercise our rights in this state.

They tell us that eliminating private sales, that requiring all transfers go through an FFL after closing one half of Illinois' FFL's, will not be a problem.

They still have no clue.

The 2019 Fall Veto Session begins today, October 28. Join us as we continue to fight all infringements on our Second Amendment rights. This can't be done without you.

Here is the opening paragraph of my letter to state senators:

"If SB1966 (Fix the Foid Act) is not an infringement of a right covered under the Bill of Rights as claimed by Willis and her allies, then surely they would have no problem charging exorbitant fees, fingerprinting and criminalizing failure to pay for the right to apply for a voting card, or to subscribe to the Sun-Times? Would they dare to propose forcing an individual to submit fingerprints to the state police and pay hundreds of dollars in order to exercise their right to speak in a public forum, and turning that individual into a felon if he speaks without having done so?"

We've beat the horse to death on the fact that these laws would just add to the pile burdening the law-abiding, and being ignored by criminals and unenforced by prosecutors and the courts.

I'm sure that there are people in this state that own firearms and that are struggling to make ends meet and still put food on the table. I happen to know a few. So how do they expect this law to NOT have an impact upon these Illinois' citizens' right to bear arms!? In one breath they are harping about the high cost of prescription drugs, among other things and then turn right around and try to justify an increase to the cost of retaining one's Constitutional right to possess a firearm!

Could this possibly be the proposed law that will awaken the Fudds of this state from their Rumpelstiltskin-esque slumber and actually express some concern to their Representatives? I'm not holding my breath. But I will call MINE and implore him to rally the Pro 2A Representatives of the House and STOP the politicians of Chicago FROM FURTHER INFRINGING UPON OUR RIGHTS!!

This simply has to end - for if this should pass, it is a clear case of the State denying the rights of those with lesser incomes!!

THE BUCK STOPS HERE!!

I can't understand why ISRA, NRA, GOA, some larger group with connections to lawyers that are truly interested in the 2A to sue based on having to pay for our rights. Now the state wants us to pay more. We just keep bending over and taking it up our *****. This state is nothing but thieves.

My sentiments exactly. Very well said.

Pro 2A groups need to flood the courts with lawsuits.

I'm sure that there are people in this state that own firearms and that are struggling to make ends meet and still put food on the table. I happen to know a few. So how do they expect this law to NOT have an impact upon these Illinois' citizens' right to bear arms!? In one breath they are harping about the high cost of prescription drugs, among other things and then turn right around and try to justify an increase to the cost of retaining one's Constitutional right to possess a firearm!

Could this possibly be the proposed law that will awaken the Fudds of this state from their Rumpelstiltskin-esque slumber and actually express some concern to their Representatives? I'm not holding my breath. But I will call MINE and implore him to rally the Pro 2A Representatives of the House and STOP the politicians of Chicago FROM FURTHER INFRINGING UPON OUR RIGHTS!!

This simply has to end - for if this should pass, it is a clear case of the State denying the rights of those with lesser incomes!! THE BUCK STOPS HERE!!

It's going up in the Senate, I think.

I'm sure that there are people in this state that own firearms and that are struggling to make ends meet and still put food on the table. I happen to know a few. So how do they expect this law to NOT have an impact upon these Illinois' citizens' right to bear arms!? In one breath they are harping about the high cost of prescription drugs, among other things and then turn right around and try to justify an increase to the cost of retaining one's Constitutional right to possess a firearm!Could this possibly be the proposed law that will awaken the Fudds of this state from their Rumpelstiltskin-esque slumber and actually express some concern to their Representatives? I'm not holding my breath. But I will call MINE and implore him to rally the Pro 2A Representatives of the House and STOP the politicians of Chicago FROM FURTHER INFRINGING UPON OUR RIGHTS!! This simply has to end - for if this should pass, it is a clear case of the State denying the rights of those with lesser incomes!! THE BUCK STOPS HERE!!

It's going up in the Senate, I think.
Correct. SB1966 i.e Fix the FOID/BIO bill has passed the Senate, passed the House with amendments, and now gone back to the Senate for a concurrence vote.

Can someone direct me to the first vote in the Senate?

I went here:

http://www.ilga.gov/search/iga_results.asp?q=Fix+the+FOID&submit1=Go&site=leg101

and if you click on SB1966 Bill Status it takes you here:

http://www.ilga.gov/legislation/BillStatus.asp?DocNum=1966&GAID=15&DocTypeID=SB&LegID=119887&SessionID=108&GA=101&SpecSess=0

...which says SB1966 is the "PUBLIC DEFENDER BAIL PROGRAM"

"They tell us that eliminating private sales, that requiring all transfers go through an FFL after closing one half of Illinois' FFL's, will not be a problem."

I want to be careful how I ask this so I don't break the rules but why would anyone bother to sell a gun over 10 years old "legally" anymore?

Pay/hassle for a FFL or "here you go" foid or no foid I sold that over 10 years ago, just don't take a check ;)

It's rather encouraging people to do the wrong thing especially since the state stuck it to you.

Discouraging or costing people money for doing the RIGHT thing is a bad thing.

IMO, a FOID and a waiting period for every purchase is MAJOR overkill, and an unnecessary burden.

Absolutely agree.

It also applies to trades. If I want to trade a 44 mag desert eagle and an AK47 for a single shot .22 target rifle at the LGS, I still have to wait 3 days because I might be considering some crime of passion or mass shooting.

I can't understand why ISRA, NRA, GOA, some larger group with connections to lawyers that are truly interested in the 2A to sue based on having to pay for our rights. Now the state wants us to pay more. We just keep bending over and taking it up our *****. This state is nothing but thieves.

Should have been done back in the 60's when FOID came to be. I feel as if the NRA has given up on ILL.

To me, and many others, it simply doesn't matter what they pass. I know several people, over a dozen and a half that I've spoken with so far about this, that will NOT comply. They all plan to simply send their FOID to the ISP if fingerprints are required. ALL of them are firearm owners and they've had enough of this sh*t.

It's our duty as American citizens to consider laws like this null and void. This is the very definition of "infringement"

To me, and many others, it simply doesn't matter what they pass. I know several people, over a dozen and a half that I've spoken with so far about this, that will NOT comply. They all plan to simply send their FOID to the ISP if fingerprints are required. ALL of them are firearm owners and they've had enough of this sh*t.

It's our duty as American citizens to consider laws like this null and void. This is the very definition of "infringement"

A FOID should be an option for those not interested in carrying or taking the required (expensive) training for a FCCL but still wishing to own firearms.

I'm getting the same feedback from many. Unjust laws are to be considered "null and void". Where have we heard that before?

The further any government gets from its founding principles, the more chaos, dysfunction, and disorder are guaranteed. Once they start the wholesale violation of civil rights, the less people care what they say - regardless of their official position. At that point they become tyrants who insist on the imposition of their policies by FORCE.

Unless/ until those people are held to account for violating 18 USC 241: Conspiracy Against Rights, a Federal felony, then civil disobedience will accelerate.

Virginia is late to the "party" but they woke up to the realization this week that they are the next Illinois.

Should have been done back in the 60's when FOID came to be. I feel as if the NRA has given up on ILL.

To be fair, they once again have a lobbyist in the state of IL. I believe he might be a junior lobbyist, but its still much better than nothing.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived