Interesting way to conceal a firearm....

race2c

Not sure if this has been posted before, but definitely interesting way to conceal a firearm. Some may feel this is a bad habit, as not locking up firearms, etc, I only found this on another forum and posting here. I have not done this nor have any experience with this.

http://www.luckygunner.com/how-to-turn-an-old-pair-of-jeans-into-the-perfect-home-concealed-handgun-location

Mods and Admins, feel free to move or delete the thread if needed.

Cam

My wife has been wanting a biometric locking one-gun safe for self-defense in the home. I think this is better for our situation, especially as we don't have kids at the house. I think she'll like it too. The gun is easier to get to compared to a safe, and there isn't a risk of biometric failure of the safe. Thanks for the post.

interesting, but I feel security should be layered.

Long before they get to my closet, the dogs should be involved and the monitored alarm system should have alerted the local law enforcement and myself as to which entry has been breached and which passive IR motion sensors activated. The perp should be occupied with more immediate concerns than gojng thru our clothing.

i'm mixed on that... i say there is a 1-5 chance that it wont be found... there either guna throw the clothes out of the closet or push then side to side and if they feel anything like that, they will find it...

still rather have it in a locked container permanently mounted...

Most of my guns are locked in a safe but there's usually 2 or three that aren't. And I'm not likely to lock them up for a quick run to the store. If I'm going to be gone for awhile they get unloaded, put in a case, and go along for the ride but most of the time they just get left behind in the house somewhere. I think this is a pretty good idea.

My wife has been wanting a biometric locking one-gun safe for self-defense in the home. I think this is better for our situation, especially as we don't have kids at the house. I think she'll like it too. The gun is easier to get to compared to a safe, and there isn't a risk of biometric failure of the safe. Thanks for the post.

YEAH, now go tell your wife that she has to sew a pair of her jeans in that configuration to hide one of your guns. :)

I want to be a fly on the wall when that conversation goes down. :whistle:

Not a problem folks. :sorcerer:

Like I said before, I have not done anything like this or have experience with it. One of those things that has some risk to it. No different than shooting a firearm at a range or driving a car. The idea of leaving the firearm unlocked and accessible in ANY environment must require careful consideration first.

We are law-abiding citizens on this site, so we have been able to make those judgments in the past.

Cam

I don't worry much here now but when in Rockford I had a double wall in the back of a closet. You could take off the panel and that would lead you out over a the ceiling of the kitchen. You could look around with a flashlight an see only joists and insulation. However you had to crawl out on the joists about three feet to see around the corner where the guns and ammo were. I would leave them here when gone away for a few days.

I had accessable handguns hid and in the recliner. The back looked like sewn panel, however you could flip them up and was a great place to hide and keep at ready. A couple velcro tabs made sure they wouldn't move. In fact it looked sewn together.

Another thing is to leave a couple old "bait" guns out. I would leave a old mauser and a air rifle out and make sure no caliber of other ammo was out. I did the same with the laptops. They would be hidden or taken with and I would leave out to busted laptops out looking like easy pickings.

When a theif sees things out they tend to think careless people and grab and run not thinking there is much more there to take.

Archived