not enough training hours.

Hdtony

Can anyone help here. Ive been trying to get. my CCL renewed for almost a year now. Took the recertifications class last April. got card got denied as it was past its expiration date. now the only reason it was past its expiration date is it took almost 4 months to get my new FOID. I've been working on all of this since last November while everything was still in force.

Calling th state gets me no where. every option you hit, takes you back tot he main Manu and there's no way to talk to anyone.

you didn't need the foid to get the ccl

if you let the ccl expire, you'll have to take the entire 16 hour course again

its been posted many times

unfortunately for some they have had this happen, either the instructors aren't explaining it to them, or they aren't members here to read about ALL thing Illinois Carry

Good Luck but the state will not take a call about an expired ccl as they don't want you to have one any way

Can anyone help here. Ive been trying to get. my CCL renewed for almost a year now. Took the recertifications class last April. got card got denied as it was past its expiration date. now the only reason it was past its expiration date is it took almost 4 months to get my new FOID. I've been working on all of this since last November while everything was still in force.

Calling th state gets me no where. every option you hit, takes you back tot he main Manu and there's no way to talk to anyone.

Were you locked out of the system to renew your CCL because your FOID renewal was pending?

Were you locked out of the system to renew your CCL because your FOID renewal was pending?

Yes, you can’t renew without your foid. Had the state not dragged their feet over the time limit on that, I would have been able to renew on time. So now I have to take the 16 hour course and reapply and pay again? I’ve already paid for my address change in novemeber, then my renewal, is I gotta do it all again? This is getting crazy expensive and burdening in my freedom

Getting a new FOID wouldn’t impact the CCL process

The old FOID in your possession will be valid IF you renew before it expires

The same holds true for the CCL in which it stays valid IF you renew before it expires

The CCL and FOID buttons are separate areas within the ISP web site, at least mine is

Waiting full year, as you state would seem to mean it wasn’t that big a deal

With all the information here at IC since very early last year 2018 most of the possible kinks have been laid out for those renewing

A few others have decried the stupidity of Illinois in their process

Yet they allow for the continued carry and purchases IF you renew early

Many here, myself included have applies and now renewed both cards at the same time without issue

This due to the included posts answering a multitude of questions on this subject

Grab an instructor and get the 16 hour course done

The FOID will run its process as usual

Once you get the new certificate, then reapply for the “gift of Illinois” to get a new carry conceal card

Pay the associated fees and get the process done

And since I know I’ll be getting blasted for speaking truth, start reading here and get better informed.

I know that no one wants or can spend time reading, Ive had guys tell me directly in posts, but if it’s not important to know upfront, then it’s just not important

Getting a new FOID wouldn’t impact the CCL process

The old FOID in your possession will be valid IF you renew before it expires

There was a time, and may still be the case, that upon renewing the FOID card the applicant is locked out of the system until the new FOID goes active. If the CCL expiration date falls within that span of time, the applicant cannot renew. Same with an address or name change. There is a glitch in the system and I do not know if it a current problem or has been fixed.

Archived