• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 steveTA84

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,766 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:03 AM

No words

https://www.zerohedg...e-future-threat

The TAPS Act has all the earmarks of a paranoid police state that considers everyone a potential threat.

The TAPS Act will create a "Joint Behavioral Threat Assessment and Management Task Force to identify individuals that exhibit patterns of dangerous behavior that MAY precede an act of targeted violence."

According to Senators Marco Rubio, Kyrsten Sinemea and Thom Tillis, the TAPS Act will create a national behavioral threat assessment and management process for everyone.

Requires the Task Forces recommendations for the development of the National Strategy to:

Ensure consideration of the different needs and resources of communities across the country, and will not be construed as a national standard.

Include recommendations for the most effective leveraging of existing Federal, State, local, and Tribal infrastructure, workforce, and experience.

Include recommendations to increase collaboration between government agencies and private entities that focus on public safety responsibilities.

Include recommendations on training programs to disseminate to State and Local entities.

Include recommendations for a Behavioral Threat Assessment and Management School Violence Prevention Program to train and support a multi-disciplinary and multi-jurisdictional behavioral threat assessment and management process for educational entities.

#2 357

• 1,645 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:23 AM

The same people behind the scenes want to make the first Amendment worthless too.
If Tyranny and Oppression come to this land, it will be in the guise of fighting a foreign enemy.
James Madison

"The only thing necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing"
Edmund Burke

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act"
George Orwell

"People willing to trade their freedom for temporary security deserve neither and will loose both"
Benjamin Franklin

#3 TomKoz

• 4,310 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:09 AM

Looks like another useless program designed to dish out taxpayer $$’s to cronies.
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#4 BobPistol

• Members
  • 9,102 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:37 AM

According to Senators Marco Rubio, Kyrsten Sinemea and Thom Tillis

A "conservative" and a leftist.   Both on the same page.

Ridicuous. 

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#5 RandyP

• Members
  • 3,710 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:39 AM

I sent a email to my Congressman asking him to support a measure to provide me with $4.7 million funding to perform a study on how Congress can prevent wasting taxpayer money on frivolous studies.

no reply yet...…..

Edited by RandyP, 30 May 2019 - 07:40 AM.

"Don't believe everything you read on the internet" - Abraham Lincoln

#6 RECarry

• 2,397 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 07:47 AM

I sent a email to my Congressman asking him to support a measure to provide me with $4.7 million funding to perform a study on how Congress can prevent wasting taxpayer money on frivolous studies.

no reply yet...…..

I second the motion. Let's also study the impact of allowing our "representative" government to be controlled by attorneys as opposed to citizens at large.

A woman's "Right to Choose" the abortion issue starts with the words "No!", "Stop!", and "I am armed!".

#7 Bubbacs

#Fear The Clown

• 2,847 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 11:55 AM

Like how they threw in “Tribal infrastructure”as if they have any authority on that land!
Start infringing on these people and you'll lose every Redskins and Indian symbols in North America.

Just me but that stuck out as something just thrown in and NOT thought out about, kind of like the rest of the stuff!

#8 speedbump

• Members
  • 1,090 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 03:11 PM

They won't like where that rabbit hole leads. 50% of violent crimes are committed by a demographic of @5% (according to USDOJ Bureau of Justice Statistics), but they shut down the very "conversation" needed to begin addressing the 'why' of the 'what.'
"The struggle may be a moral one, or it may be a physical one, or it may be both. But it must be a struggle. Power concedes nothing without a demand. It never did and it never will."

~Frederick Douglass~

#9 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 3,939 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 05:48 PM

Do they . . . not realize that this is going to be challenged as a multiply faceted civil rights violating act? I can already hear the rustling of thousands of court challenges being filed.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

Who gets to keep and read books? The Media? Or is it the People?

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

InX89li.jpg

#10 FST_Kent

• Members
  • 6,963 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:23 PM

The Coast Guard Lt. was ordered released and has never been charged as a terrorist due to his thoughts.

https://www.chicagot...0426-story.html

Oyer said her client hadn't made any direct or specific threats to harm anyone. She said prosecutors are seeking to punish Hasson for "private thoughts" that he never shared.

Look at the Gilberto Valle case.  He was prosecuted for his thoughts and had his guilty verdict overturned.

https://www.nytimes....es-in-film.html

the judge, Paul G. Gardephe of Federal District Court, overturned Mr. Valle’s conspiracy conviction, saying the evidence supported his contention that he was engaged in only “fantasy role-play.”

#11 TomKoz

• 4,310 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 09:47 PM

If our thoughts are going to be criminalized...
Mine about a night with the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleaders will have me put away for Life !!
Stay Alert ... Stay Alive !!

#12 JTHunter

• Members
  • 1,475 posts

Posted 30 May 2019 - 10:31 PM

"Minority Report", here we come !! :frantics:  :getlost:  :no:

And may God have mercy on us all !! :hmm:

“We, the people are the rightful masters of both Congress and the courts, not to overthrow the Constitution, but to overthrow men who pervert the Constitution.” - - Abraham Lincoln

“Small minds adhere to the letter of the law; great minds dispense Justice.” - - S. C. Justice Oliver Wendell Holmes

Life member NAHC, Endowment member NRA

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users