Photo

Open carry?

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Munchfpv

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:35 PM

Just saw a bunch of news about this court decision, about every state having open carry, something like that, im a little confused. If anyone can clarify this new ruling or how it wold affect cook county//chicago, id appreciate it, Also..my foid just became active for me yesterday, so im very excited..

link to some info on this: https://wgntv.com/20...-carry-of-guns/

#2 lawman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 600 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:42 PM

Ninth circuit case.  Only applies in Ninth circuit, but will probably be appealed en banc and reversed is my guess.  Being discussed here elsewhere, Young v Hawaii threads.  At least two of them last I saw.

#3 Munchfpv

• Members
  • 2 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 07:45 PM

Ninth circuit case.  Only applies in Ninth circuit, but will probably be appealed en banc and reversed is my guess.  Being discussed here elsewhere, Young v Hawaii threads.  At least two of them last I saw.

oh ok, i didnt see the threads, just a bunch of old threads from years ago it seems, sorry about that. Just seeing hopeful news got my heart pumpin.

#4 C0untZer0

Contributing Member in Arrears

• Members
  • 12,994 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:07 PM

In honor of this being the first thread you ever started, I'll use my considerable influence to ensure that this thread stays open.

BY GOD, THIS THREAD SHALL NOT BE LOCKED !!!

Mayor Bloomberg himself has recently turned his attention from oversize soft drinks to gun control, confirming the tendency of the Progressive to go from nanny to tyrant.
- N. A. Halkides -

“There are men in all ages who mean to govern well, but they mean to govern. They promise to be good masters, but they mean to be masters” 
- Daniel Webster -

The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule. 
- H. L. Mencken -

“Any government big enough to give you everything you want is big enough to take away everything you have."

#5 Euler

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 774 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 09:09 PM

oh ok, i didnt see the threads, just a bunch of old threads from years ago it seems, sorry about that. Just seeing hopeful news got my heart pumpin.

Thread in Judicial Second Amendment Case Discussion

#6 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• Supporting Members Team
  • 3,309 posts

Posted 27 July 2018 - 11:16 PM

The major grave error that open carriers commit is that they don't also include a First Amendment aspect to their suits by framing open carry and their support of the Second Amendment as political speech (even going so far as to claim that it is unpopular speech and thus is the very reason that the First Amendment protections are vital). It absolutely is a matter of free expression to openly show their support of their political beliefs regarding the right to keep and bear arms, especially in the face of bigotry and attempts to suppress said expression.

First Amendment cases are always more potent and harder to defeat than merely a Second Amendment case, so it should be standard practice to claim steadfastly that the individual's choice to bear arms—especially openly—is protected speech.

"A well educated Media, being necessary for the preservation of a free State, the right of the people to keep and read books, shall not be infringed."

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary for the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear arms, shall not be infringed."

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

#7 tkroenlein

OFFICIAL MEMBER

• Members
  • 8,690 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:15 PM

I am for carry. Openly or concealed, without discrimination.

#8 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 2,239 posts

Posted 28 July 2018 - 08:27 PM

The major grave error that open carriers commit is that they don't also include a First Amendment aspect to their suits by framing open carry and their support of the Second Amendment as political speech (even going so far as to claim that it is unpopular speech and thus is the very reason that the First Amendment protections are vital). It absolutely is a matter of free expression to openly show their support of their political beliefs regarding the right to keep and bear arms, especially in the face of bigotry and attempts to suppress said expression.

First Amendment cases are always more potent and harder to defeat than merely a Second Amendment case, so it should be standard practice to claim steadfastly that the individual's choice to bear arms—especially openly—is protected speech.

That's actually pretty clever. I wonder why it's never been tried.

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users