I am going to sue Illinois for causing me stress-related disability by not allowing me to carry my firearm in all circumstances.

ChicagoRonin70

Lawsuit's novel approach: State is responsible for children 'disabled' by gun violence

"In the suit, she argues that stress from the unceasing gun violence in the Austin neighborhood where she and her son live caused a “trauma-related disability” that has impaired his cognitive and emotional function and said that the state has an obligation not only to address but rectify it under federal and state law."

In my lawsuit, which I will also file as a class-action, I argue that the stress from the threat of being unable to defend myself at all potential instances from assault by the proven hazard of criminal attackers in the city of Chicago where I live has caused a "stress-related disability" that has impaired my emotional function and resulted in permanent harm from having suffered the duress of the uncertainty of being able to do the utmost to guarantee my own personal safety. The State has an obligation to not only address this, but rectify it under Federal and State law by passing legislation that allows people who are thus disabled like me to carry self-defense "emotional preservation" firearms with us at all times, in all circumstances, to accommodate our disabilities.

Beware — the State is likely to agree that you have a “stress related disability” —- and then rule said disability to be a mental illness making you ineligible to possess a firearm.......

The State of Illinois and I already went head to head on that, and the State lost, and a directive to fast-track my CCL application came down, so as to not have me be able to challenge the law in Federal court.

To wit:

http://illinoiscarry.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=47833&page=40&do=findComment&comment=856291

Mr. [ChicagoRonin70] . . . does not nor has he ever experienced suicidal ideation, thoughts of self-harm, homicidal ideation, nor is he delusional, hallucinating, or suffering from clinical depression. He is not a danger to himself in any way. He is also not a hazard to others, nor does he present a threat to public safety in any sense . . . He needs no psychoactive medications, has completed vocational rehabilitation programs through the Department of Veterans Affairs, and maintains excellent mental health through daily meditation, biofeedback therapy, stress relief activities, and martial arts exercises.

. . . and . . .

It is my knowledge that Mr. [ChicagoRonin70] has operated and worked with firearms since childhood. He has extensive military and civilian experience with such firearms. He fully understands and respects the necessity to use them lawfully and responsibly. Mr. [ChicagoRonin70] has taught martial arts, self-defense, and firearm safety instruction over the years, including to women, children, and victims of domestic abuse. Thus, he is very aware of any concerns about the harm caused by interpersonal violence.

I believe that Mr. [ChicagoRonin70]'s experiences in combat and seeing first-hand the effects of firearm violence on human beings makes him very unlikely to ever use one except in the most extreme circumstances of self-defense. I also believe that his necessity for understanding and managing his own reactions to stress makes him more inclined than the average person to defuse conflict rather than employing violence, except a final resort. Due to his familiarity with firearms and status as a military veteran I do not think that Mr. [ChicagoRonin70] would use them in any unlawful fashion, because he intimately understands the consequences of such actions.

Mr. [ChicagoRonin70] has worked long and hard to be a productive, law-abiding member of society after the difficulties he experienced resulting from his honorable military service. He understands the consequences of his actions, works actively and continually to maintain stable mental health, and does nothing to raise concern that he would be a threat to himself, others, or public safety. Therefore, as a practicing Clinical Psychologist who is very familiar with Mr. [ChicagoRonin70]’s mental state, it is my clinical opinion he should be allowed to exercise his right to obtain a license to carry a firearm if he needs to for personal protection.

You can read the entire official letter attached to this posting, in all of its glory.

If they REALLY want, they could give me another swing at kicking their teeth down their throat and taking the CCL law and its infringements to Federal Court, whereupon they would end up with a nightmare of an ideal plaintiff and a public-relations nightmare, but I suspect they would do everything they could to avoid that, because it would ultimately cost them hugely.

post-14647-0-50133600-1576727252_thumb.jpg

post-14647-0-28635800-1576727263_thumb.jpg

I don't know Ronin. These Il-ANNOY "jackxxxes" can be pretty hard-headed and self-righteous. Just look at what Northam and the VA legislature appear to be trying to cram down the people's throats.

As I said, they can try, and we'll see what happens. In my case, it was a directive from the top that said to fast-track my application so that I didn't have any cause for legal action, and a source that I have told me that my situation was discussed specifically because there was significant risk that if I went to court, things would be very bad for the CCL law.

• 2 weeks later...

Beware — the State is likely to agree that you have a “stress related disability” —- and then rule said disability to be a mental illness making you ineligible to possess a firearm.......

What he said. ^^^^^^

You all did read my postings above, right? Given what I bring to bear, the LAST thing that the State of Illinois wants is to have me take them to Federal court over this, given that since I have the backing of the VA for my position. When I previously went against them for this, they sh!t themselves fast-tracking my CCL application through so I wouldn't have standing to challenge their BS licensing scheme in Federal court, with the a Federal agency in my corner.

Archived