New to IL - FOID Card application

Hey everyone,

Im new to illinois. I have just gotten my DL and Im on to applying for FOID. I know I have 60 days. Im from WA state and have had my CCL there. My question is I saw the FOID application step-by-step on the ISP website and it had a box to put in hair color. It worries me because my IL DL does not show my hair color as a field on the license. With how nit-picky the FOID process is with exactly matching your DL, I worry? Does the hair color field matter? Has anyone been rejected because they have a mismatching color? It sounds silly but my hair color is brown/black depending on who is looking. The Secretary of States office made mention of it to me when I applied for a new license but I didnt think much of it. Can I apply and then edit my application on Tuesday if I need to? I am pretty sure the SOS office put black hair color but I cant remember for sure and its not displayed on my DL. Now Im worried its going to get kicked back to me.

Thanks in advance for the responses. This forum has been read a lot by me prior to moving and theres good info on here. Thank you all.

They are more concerned with you having the DL/ID

This way they have a picture to match it to

Other stuff like DOB full name etc are what matters most

Some of us have varying weights across different ID’s, no issue

Put what ever color your hair in in the FOID app and get it in, and then keep those fingers crossed for a 60 return

The state is behind and isn’t in any hurry to get caught up soon

Good Luck and Welcome to the forums

Those of us living in "Free" pro 2nd amendment states will welcome those of you who wish to move here from anti 2nd amendment states.

Just leave your politics where they are.I am under the impression that Washington is not exactly a pro 2nd state.Illinois on the other hand is now been declared a full socalist poice state.Good luck with the foid.Stay in touch with this site for the latest daily changes in the gun laws.If you have any problems call Mr Pritzker for full details.

Those of us living in "Free" pro 2nd amendment states will welcome those of you who wish to move here from anti 2nd amendment states.

Just leave your politics where they are.I am under the impression that Washington is not exactly a pro 2nd state.Illinois on the other hand is now been declared a full socalist poice state.Good luck with the foid.Stay in touch with this site for the latest daily changes in the gun laws.If you have any problems call Mr Pritzker for full details.

Washington is pretty gun friendly. Open carry is a constitutional right over 18, ccl is just $50 and you simply go to the courthouse to apply for it and they issue in less than two weeks. The FOID is new and....interesting...to me. I am surprised. I feel like I moved to a different country. Wish I didn’t need to jump through all these hoops just to own my firearm, but it is what it is. Thank you all for the responses.

While you have 60 days to apply after moving here, new, non renewal FOID cards are supposed to be processed in 30 days while renewals are 60 business days. You should be able to take the CCL classes now. IIRC, FOID card is not required except perhaps by instructor policy. I thought I recall the ability to apply for both at the same time but dont know anyone who has done so.

While you have 60 days to apply after moving here, new, non renewal FOID cards are supposed to be processed in 30 days while renewals are 60 business days. You should be able to take the CCL classes now. IIRC, FOID card is not required except perhaps by instructor policy. I thought I recall the ability to apply for both at the same time but dont know anyone who has done so.

what is IIRC?

what is IIRC?

”If I remember correctly “

Another question here - sorry. I have two middle names. My drivers license shows my middle names as they are JOSHUA KEKOA. The FOID application asks you to put in your middle name. Since I have both middle names on my DL I figure I should include them in my FOID application. For the middle name field I was going to put JOSHUA KEKOA. Does anyone have two names or have experience/input on the above? My DL has my address and name in all caps so I was going to apply with it as such.

Thanks again

• 1 month later...