Photo

Defensive Pistol Training Class, January 7th (indoors)

handgun pistol defensive advanced tactical

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 7,931 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:01 PM

Alpha Koncepts Firearm Training is hosting a Defensive Pistol Training class on January 7th at Article 2 in Lombard. This will be a phase 1, 2, & 3  - 8 hour class.

Draw from the holster, live fire. Learn to shoot on the move. Rapid Target Acquisition drills. Shoot from sitting, kneeling and prone. 

Approximately 500 rounds fired.

8 hour day.

Maximum 10 students. 

Learn more about class at: http://www.alphakonc...istol-training/

Feel free to ask questions

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#2 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 7,931 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 12:02 PM

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor

#3 thobart

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 648 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:48 PM

how much is it to attend?

#4 solareclipse2

• Members
  • 1,982 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 03:50 PM

$175 according to the website. 

I WILL LOSE EVERY ARGUMENT FROM NOW ON, I WILL WALK AWAY FROM EVERY FIGHT OR CONFRONTATION, I WILL TAKE THE HIGH ROAD.

#5 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 7,931 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:01 PM

$175 according to the website. 

Thank you. Yes it is $175 for the 8 hour class.

-Thomas

#6 OldMarineVet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:40 PM

Why(Absolutely NO appendix carry.)?

#7 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 7,931 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 04:48 PM

Thanks for looking...

Students who wish to appendix carry may do so outside my class. However the primary reason I don't allow appendix carry is because it's hard for me to look at the student's hand and ensure they are exercising proper trigger finger discipline as they draw. This is an intermediate level class and based on prior classes, I don't have the comfort level with the average shooter to ensure their safety in a public class environment.

Also plenty of people have shot their nuts off. I am sure the counter-argument can also be made with two words, "glock leg".  But that's the way it is.

Edited by AlphaKoncepts aka CGS, 13 November 2017 - 04:50 PM.

-Thomas

#8 OldMarineVet

• Supporting Members Team
  • 1,952 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 05:54 PM

Agenda items were impressive. Reflected strong knowledge regarding defensive pistol training. Have taught others how to draw so understand the need to see that straight index finger as gun comes out of the holster (do lots of dryfire drawing first you probably do.)

#9 transplant

• Members
  • 2,424 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:20 PM

I'm interested. I think I'll sign up for it

Hillary Clinton is an "Original Classification Authority" - she knows exactly what she did with her emails.

(4) the original classification authority determines that the unauthorized disclosure of the information reasonably could be expected to result in damage to the national security, which includes defense against transnational terrorism, and the original classification authority is able to identify or describe the damage.

Sec. 1.2. Classification Levels.

(a) Information may be classified at one of the following three levels:

(1) “Top Secret” shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause exceptionally grave damage to the national security that the original classification authority is able to identify or describe.

(2) “Secret” shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause serious damage to the national security that the original classification authority is able to identify or describe.

(3) “Confidential” shall be applied to information, the unauthorized disclosure of which reasonably could be expected to cause damage to the national security that the original classification authority is able to identify or describe.

(tt) “Violation” means:

(1) any knowing, willful, or negligent action that could reasonably be expected to result in an unauthorized disclosure of classified information;

http://www.thegatewa...on-home-server/

#10 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 7,931 posts

Posted 13 November 2017 - 06:21 PM

Great! I look forward to meeting you. We've been chatting for years!

-Thomas

#11 stm

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:37 PM

How close is this to the NRA Defensive Pistol curriculum?

yea everyone makes fun of the redneck till the zombies show up. . .

#12 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 7,931 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 01:47 PM

How close is this to the NRA Defensive Pistol curriculum?

In all honesty, I have absolutely no idea. I've never been a part in the "NRA Defensive Pistol" class.

While I am absolutely sure many of the skills and techniques overlap, the course curriculum is entirely invented by me.  Sure I have taken bits and pieces from other instructors, but I put it all together into a course that flows best for my teaching style, the space in which I teach, and realistically where I think the average Joe civilian needs the most skill growth for the real world, based upon observations of real world defensive gun use.

-Thomas

#13 stm

• Members
  • 1,826 posts

Posted 14 November 2017 - 02:43 PM

Cool. I glanced at the course description online and it looked like it was similar, so I thought I'd ask. Good luck with the class!

Edited by stm, 14 November 2017 - 02:45 PM.

yea everyone makes fun of the redneck till the zombies show up. . .

#14 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

• Members
  • 7,931 posts

Posted Today, 12:00 PM

Bump

-Thomas

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: handgun, pistol, defensive, advanced, tactical

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users