Going downtown

tommyd78

Have not been to downtown chicago in a while I know I cant bring my frend along going to see Jeff Beck at the Chicago Theatre. When walking to venue gonna keep track of all the anti gun signs I see. Meeting my friend at his house in Edison park and I dont even want to leave firearm in locked case in car. His car has been broken into right in front of his house. Am I being too paranoid I cant leave in his house cause I know he would be uncomfortable with that. Oh well its become a part of me and I will miss it making the trip.

Does he need to know what you leave in your bag at his house?

Obviously, that's out of the question if he's got kids or other nosy people who won't respect your privacy and dig in your bag.

BTW, my boss just had the catalytic converters cut from every car on his street last week. Don't you just love Chicago?

Obviously, that's out of the question if he's got kids or other nosy people who won't respect your privacy and dig in your bag.

BTW, my boss just had the catalytic converters cut from every car on his street last week. Don't you just love Chicago?

Yep don't go there much anymore live out in Winnebago county. He's afraid of guns he doesn't even know I have a permit.

Your boss sounds like a mean guy...

Your boss sounds like a mean guy...

LOL I wrote that poorly.

Just take the blue line.it's a gun free zone you'll be safe

I really hope you're joking, because otherwise this is the worst advice you could give right now.

Just take the blue line.it's a gun free zone you'll be safe

I really hope you're joking, because otherwise this is the worst advice you could give right now.

Think Henny Youngman.

This man is frank and earnest with women. In Fresno, he's Frank and in Chicago he's Ernest.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/authors/h/henny_youngman_2.html#TwYBxXzekPE0hJcy.99Take my wife... Please!

That.s why micro pocket .380s where made.

Advocating breaking the law is a violation of the IllinoisCarry code of conduct.
I was counting down waiting for that reply. 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,.... 😀

I'll be in a Hawks shirt at the Beck concert, unarmed. Actually got patted down at one of his concerts in LV.

I saw a few hawks jerseys Great show wasn't it? Paid a lot for parking but what you gonna do its downtown Chicago.

Great show as always and I really liked Jimmy Hall's vocals. Just wore a Hawks t-shirt under my button down shirt. After hearing about the Hawks game, I'm glad I was at the concert. We parked at Lake and Clark for $18; not too bad. Ate at the Emerald Loop which was just ok.

The wife and I went to see a comedian last year at the Chicago Theater and they had wands at the doors. Glad I left my P380 in the car but not happy about it. I was very close to pocket carrying that night. On the way back to the lot afterwards, some low life started hassling us for money and wouldn't stop so I had to get in his face in order to take control of the situation. Not what I wanted to do but things deescalated quickly. Definitely made it my last trip the Chicago Theater and some other venues over there. Glad yours was pleasant.

That.s why micro pocket .380s where made.

Advocating breaking the law is a violation of the IllinoisCarry code of conduct.

Did I say he should break the law with it ? I just said that micro pocket .380s where made for situations where bigger guns may stand out and be noticed.

What he does with his gun is his choice. I was vague for a reason.

I'll be in a Hawks shirt at the Beck concert, unarmed. Actually got patted down at one of his concerts in LV.

I saw a few hawks jerseys Great show wasn't it? Paid a lot for parking but what you gonna do its downtown Chicago.

There's a bit of free street parking around there, but you have to get there right before 6 and read the "no parking" signs carefully. What you're looking for is the signs that say "no parking 6am to 6pm". After 6pm you're good to go.

Many (many) years ago, I had a couple of aunts and cousins that lived near downtown and up towards the Evanston area, and every now and then, Ma and Dad would take us into 'the city' to see them and visit for a day. I remember walking downtown as a young'un, with only my cousin who was a year or two older along to keep me from getting lost.

Fast forward to now, and my Aunts are gone, the cousins moved to Kommifornia decades ago, and they all swear that they would never come back with the crime and high costs for everything.

Makes you wonder why people live like that with all the regulations, bogus rules and sky high costs for nada.....

Great show as always and I really liked Jimmy Hall's vocals. Just wore a Hawks t-shirt under my button down shirt. After hearing about the Hawks game, I'm glad I was at the concert. We parked at Lake and Clark for $18; not too bad. Ate at the Emerald Loop which was just ok.
It was 8 o clock when we got there had to hurry a garage was right around corner show over around 10:15 ? Cost 37 bucks !

$37 to park?!? Ouch! Getting back to being unarmed, there were plenty of people around after the show and I felt pretty safe until we got to our level in the parking garage. Not another person in site. We could have been easy pickings. I should have brought some pepper spray. Did have my dummy wallet to hand over.

$37 to park?!? Ouch! Getting back to being unarmed, there were plenty of people around after the show and I felt pretty safe until we got to our level in the parking garage. Not another person in site. We could have been easy pickings. I should have brought some pepper spray. Did have my dummy wallet to hand over.

Ouch is right we split it we were on the top level the only car there.

Archived