Photo

Current (2017) Instructor Questions

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Wolverine Waffen

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:19 PM

First, let me say this illinoiscarry.com is a fantastic place! I've been doing a lot of reading here, recognize some people, am impressed with the pro-active work before CC passed and since, and there are great people giving great answers.

On the other hand, can ISP make their rules, website, processes, etc. any worse?!? (Strike that; I don't want them to take that as a challenge!)

So, my first question: I submitted my Instructor application through the web portal. No where I saw did it say "print out this page," but when I read the pinned thread here titled "IL CC Instructor Short Guide," it says to mail in an "instructor application" with notarized signature page. I also find on the ISP FAQ page an answer which says the same thing. So, I log back onto the portal, thinking I could click back through the pages I submitted, find what I had missed, and print it. Nope! When I log in, all I can see is the Status screen which says my FOID is valid and my CCI is pending approval.

Is there a seperate form (other than the curriculum approval form which has a third page which also must be signed and notarized) which also must be completed as was posted back in 2013 or 2014 in the pinned (and archived) thread? If so, how do I find it?
Benefactor NRA Member
Life ISRA Member
Police Firearms Instructor
Glock Armorer
Active Shooter Response Instructor

#2 lockman

• Supporting Members Team
  • 7,563 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:33 PM

I could not log in so I emailed support, and they found no account for me. They said to create a new one and it will link to my FOID, FCCL and instructore status, which it did. BTW my instructor credentials state expiration N/A.

Anyone else have problems because their FCCL # is only 10 digits?

"We must, indeed, all hang together, or most assuredly we shall all hang separately."
-- Benjamin Franklin, 1776

Life Member NRA, ISRA,  CCRKBA, GOA, & SAF

#3 soundguy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 4,617 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:36 PM

BTW my instructor credentials state expiration N/A.

Mine, too. Never checked that before.

Edited by soundguy, 05 July 2017 - 04:43 PM.

Life is a cooperative venture... That's what makes it work.

#4 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,611 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 04:37 PM

First, let me say this illinoiscarry.com is a fantastic place! I've been doing a lot of reading here, recognize some people, am impressed with the pro-active work before CC passed and since, and there are great people giving great answers.

On the other hand, can ISP make their rules, website, processes, etc. any worse?!? (Strike that; I don't want them to take that as a challenge!)

So, my first question: I submitted my Instructor application through the web portal. No where I saw did it say "print out this page," but when I read the pinned thread here titled "IL CC Instructor Short Guide," it says to mail in an "instructor application" with notarized signature page. I also find on the ISP FAQ page an answer which says the same thing. So, I log back onto the portal, thinking I could click back through the pages I submitted, find what I had missed, and print it. Nope! When I log in, all I can see is the Status screen which says my FOID is valid and my CCI is pending approval.

Is there a seperate form (other than the curriculum approval form which has a third page which also must be signed and notarized) which also must be completed as was posted back in 2013 or 2014 in the pinned (and archived) thread? If so, how do I find it?

I suggest you send an email and ask the instructor department -

Instructor_Docs@isp.state.il.us

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#5 Wolverine Waffen

• Members
  • 4 posts

Posted 05 July 2017 - 09:56 PM

I suggest you send an email and ask the instructor department -

Instructor_Docs@isp.state.il.us

Ah, thank you, Molly!! An email address! :-)

I wish someone with a sense of logic was in charge of their website.
Benefactor NRA Member
Life ISRA Member
Police Firearms Instructor
Glock Armorer
Active Shooter Response Instructor

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users