True story happened this week

powderhead

This is a true account that happened to a family we go to church with. Just this week he was home on leave and tried to buy shot gun shells. Shame on Illinois for treating a young man this way!!!

"My son is old enough to join the army to actively defend our freedom. He is trained on many weapons by our government. He is home on leave and is planning to shoot with his uncle for fun and to show his skills to his dad. He has a legal FOID card and a shotgun. Today the State of Illinois laws stopped him from buying shot gun shells because he is not 21 years old. He is active military, shouldn’t that plus a valid FOID card be enough?! I guess not but it is WRONG in my opinion."

Are there stores in IL that have a policy of not selling long gun ammunition to those under 21?

I could see a little confusion in some places not understanding someone under 21 being able to legally purchase handgun ammunition if the intent is to shoot a handgun caliber rifle or carbine.

There's alot more to this story we're not hearing.

The account says he was trying to buy shotgun shells. Were dad and uncle from out of state and store wrongfully thought they needed a FOID card?

It's really not important of the fine details here. The point is, if the young man is honorable enough to put his life on the line to defend the citizens of this state, and the rest of the country, for Gods sake, he should be able to present his military credentials and be able to buy the ammo he wants - even if he's under 21. It's the lazy, scumbsucking liberals, most of which would never dream of risking their lives to even save themselves, but feel they are entitled to dictate how everyone else lives their lives that has forced these kinds of retarded laws and restrictions. This is a glowing example of everything that's wrong with the entire liberal agenda. Target shooting, which was once considered a wholesome, family event has been bastardized and demonized to be considered far beneath LBGT parades. ERGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Target shooting, which was once considered a wholesome, family event has been bastardized and demonized to be considered far beneath LBGT parades. ERGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of those family parade attendees also go to shooting ranges afterwards. The fact that you consider this some kind of faustian bargain is why the right fails to gain additional supporters of the 2nd ammendment. You fudds are hopeless in this fight...

Target shooting, which was once considered a wholesome, family event has been bastardized and demonized to be considered far beneath LBGT parades. ERGH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Some of those family parade attendees also go to shooting ranges afterwards. The fact that you consider this some kind of faustian bargain is why the right fails to gain additional supporters of the 2nd ammendment. You fudds are hopeless in this fight...

Which, indirectly, is the point I've been making the last couple days.

We are a gun forum. Not a conservative gun forum. Not a liberal gun forum. Just a gun forum where we should be welcoming to anyone who supports our cause.

Which, indirectly, is the point I've been making the last couple days.

We are a gun forum. Not a conservative gun forum. Not a liberal gun forum. Just a gun forum where we should be welcoming to anyone who supports our cause.

Except you still haven't banned somebody that has been shown to not support our cause. There is a growing group of pro gun leftists, but it does us no good if antigun leftists are allowed to freely post in a PRO GUN forum. Your apathy sows this divide...

Except you still haven't banned somebody that has been shown to not support our cause. There is a growing group of pro gun leftists, but it does us no good if antigun leftists are allowed to freely post in a PRO GUN forum. Your apathy sows this divide...

I wonder what those pro-gun leftists' position on guns was, before it became pro-gun. Would they have ever become pro-gun with only anti-gun people to talk to?

I wonder what those pro-gun leftists' position on guns was, before it became pro-gun. Would they have ever become pro-gun with only anti-gun people to talk to?

We've also shown you this person has become more antigun the longer he's been here.

So either your editorialising and general tone of your forum is making leftists antigun, or more likely some people are irredeemable.

We've also shown you this person has become more antigun the longer he's been here.

So either your editorialising and general tone of your forum is making leftists antigun, or more likely some people are irredeemable.

If you see anyone violating our Code of Conduct let me, or any of the moderators know so we can determine the appropriate course of action.

We've also shown you this person has become more antigun the longer he's been here.So either your editorialising and general tone of your forum is making leftists antigun, or more likely some people are irredeemable.

If you see anyone violating our Code of Conduct let me, or any of the moderators know so we can determine the appropriate course of action.
Unfortunately your code of conduct is more concerned with salty language than sending a message to unapologetic members of the civilian disarmament complex. A member that we have shown you using your legislative work against us. Are we a sewing circle or a ******* gun rights board?

Walmart Policy since last year

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2018/02/28/walmart-statement-on-firearms-policy

..."In light of recent events, weve taken an opportunity to review our policy on firearm sales. Going forward, we are raising the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age. We will update our processes as quickly as possible to implement this change."...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/02/28/walmart-will-raise-age-for-purchase-of-firearms-and-ammunition-to-21-ban/

Walmart Policy since last year

https://corporate.walmart.com/newsroom/2018/02/28/walmart-statement-on-firearms-policy

..."In light of recent events, weve taken an opportunity to review our policy on firearm sales. Going forward, we are raising the age restriction for purchase of firearms and ammunition to 21 years of age. We will update our processes as quickly as possible to implement this change."...

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/business/wp/2018/02/28/walmart-will-raise-age-for-purchase-of-firearms-and-ammunition-to-21-ban/

Apparently Walmart does not care that this policy is illegal in certain states and municipalities. Maybe Walmart will modify this policy to exempt locations if they are fined continuously for flagrantly violating laws.

This is a true account that happened to a family we go to church with. Just this week he was home on leave and tried to buy shot gun shells. Shame on Illinois for treating a young man this way!!!

"My son is old enough to join the army to actively defend our freedom. He is trained on many weapons by our government. He is home on leave and is planning to shoot with his uncle for fun and to show his skills to his dad. He has a legal FOID card and a shotgun. Today the State of Illinois laws stopped him from buying shot gun shells because he is not 21 years old. He is active military, shouldn’t that plus a valid FOID card be enough?! I guess not but it is WRONG in my opinion."

Walmart now routinely discriminates against adults older than 18 but younger than 21 on the basis of age due to a new ammo policy and they obviously do not care whether or not the adult is serving the country or not since they would have otherwise exempting members of the military. Maybe the news about an 18 year old military member being denied ammo should go viral that way Walmart would be seen as not supporting members of the military.

Archived