Photo

Michigan 2nd Amendment March -what a contrast to IGOLD!

2nd Amendment Michigan open carry state capitol

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Indigo

Just another silver-haired devil

• Members
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:18 AM

I can hardly believe the difference in how they are treated by the State of Michigan, as opposed to how Illinois treats us at IGOLD.  No long lines where you have to go through the metal detectors and take off your belt, and only 6 Michigan State Troopers for crowd control.  I don't know what kind of turnout they get for this event or what their normal security arrangements are, but we have more than 6 Capitol Police on the doors on an ordinary day.

This announcement was made by the Michigan Coalition of Responsible Gun Owners (MCRGO) :

**************************************************************************************************************************************

The 2014 Second Amendment March will be held tomorrowApril 29 at the Michigan State Capitol from 10:00 am until 2:00 pm. A procession of gun owners will take place beginning at 9;45 am from the intersection of Michigan and Pennsylvania Avenues and proceed to the Capitol lawn. The event will feature a tent with booths and pro-Second Amendment speakers and elected officials. Carry is welcome on the Capitol lawn, in the Capitol Building and in legislative office buildings.

Here is the list of speakers for tomorrows event (please note that speaking times are approximate and schedules are subject to change): 

10:00:00 AM Skip Coryell (Second Amendment March)-Welcome
10:15:00 AM Rep. Andrea LaFontaine
10:30:00 AM Sen. Mike Green
10:45:00 AM Asst. AG Alan Cropsey
11:00:00 AM Rick Ector (Keynote)
11:15:00 AM Rick Ector (Keynote)
11:30:00 AM Sen. Tonya Schuitmaker
11:45:00 AM Sen. Dave Hildenbrand
12:00:00 PM Rep. Charles Brunner
12:15:00 PM Rep. Gail Haines
12:30:00 PM Sen. Arlan Meekhoff
12:45:00 PM Comms. Brad Benzing
01:00:00 PM Tom Lambert-MOC
01:15:00 PM Jim Makowski-MGO
01:30:00 PM Steve Dulan-MCRGO
01:45:00 PM Sen. Tom Casperson

Michigan State Police Capitol Security have reached out to MCRGO in advance of the April 29 Second Amendment March to let us know that they will have six troopers on hand to assist us and the general public at the March. They ask that people openly carrying long guns be careful while inside the Capitol to avoid dinging the restoration work on the walls and switch to a muzzle up position while in the viewing galleries over the House and Senate. They would also like us to be vigilant of and report to one of the troopers anyone seen handling firearms at the event. Concealed (with a CPL) and open carry is welcome both outside and inside the Michigan Capitol and legislative office buildings. Firearms should remain holstered and/or on a sling.  (Emphasis added)

• They say a little knowledge is a dangerous thing, but it’s not one half so bad as a lot of ignorance

#2 Patriots & Tyrants

• Members
  • 4,116 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 06:22 AM

That's because the State Government in Michigan is not an authoritarian regime that views freedom, personal choice, and those who value them as a threat.

#3 GAS3987

• Members
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 07:05 AM

Wow, carry in government buildings welcomed!
Unlike Illinois, where everything is bass ackwards.

Luke 12:48

#4 domin8

• Members
  • 6,708 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:05 AM

Land of the free
Uinta Firearms Training, Inc.
a subsidiary of Uinta Preparations, Corp.

Supporting Member
NRA Life Member
ISRA Member
USCCA Member
SAF Member
NRA Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Basic Rifle Instructor
NRA Basic Shotgun Instructor
NRA Personal Protection Inside the Home Instructor
Utah Concealed Firearms Permit Instructor

NRA Range Safety Officer

Training@UintaFirearms.com

#5 SFC Stu

• Members
  • 1,704 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:44 AM

Go Michigan! I have met Skip Coryell and they are a more than welcome to carry in the state capitol.

#6 Awan

Migrated out of Illinois

• Members
  • 1,302 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 08:55 AM

Those in Michigan were freed from the shackles of Democrat oppression.

Another active supporter of The Walmart Thread. <- click here to view.

An Indiana resident with a life-time carry permit!

Boomer Sooner

#7 Sharz96

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 900 posts

Posted 28 April 2014 - 12:49 PM

Exactly. It will probably take Chicago collapsing as Detroit did, for Illinois to shake off the shackles, too. 

#8 markthesignguy

S39-(D)D.Harmon(F-) R77-(D)K.Willis(F-)

• Supporting Members Team
  • 2,402 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 03:01 AM

I would LOVE to see Zalewski's  eyes popping out as he visits the

"switch to a muzzle up position while in the viewing galleries over the House and Senate .in Michigan.

Wonder if he would need clean underwear.

Edited by markthesignguy, 29 April 2014 - 03:02 AM.

Sign, sign, everywhere a sign......

#9 brianj - now in Kansas

Political refugee from the People's Republic of IL

• Members
  • 1,547 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

Wow...  Just wow.

A few requests for safety versus "Don't even look at the capitol building while carrying" in Illinois.

Oh, well.  I just keep thinking "Baby steps" to myself.

"Your father's 1911..  Not as random or clumsy as a Glock.  A more elegant weapon for a more civilized age." -- Obi Wan Kenobi

#10 BIGDEESUL

• Members
  • 7,040 posts

Posted 29 April 2014 - 08:51 AM

Exactly. It will probably take Chicago collapsing as Detroit did, for Illinois to shake off the shackles, too. 

Give it a few years. Lol

Edited by BIGDEESUL, 29 April 2014 - 08:51 AM.

Supporting member
NRA Endowment Member

IALEFI Member/Instructor
Certified Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
NRA certified Pistol Instructor
NRA certified Personal Protection Inside The Home Instructor

NRA certified Personal Protection Outside The Home Instructor
NRA certified Chief Range Safety Officer
NRA certified Home Firearm Safety Instructor

#11 GAS3987

• Members
  • 3,198 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 05:18 AM

I am shocked, SHOCKED I say that no one went on a shooting rampage while carrying there.  I mean, it's what all lawful gun owners are going to do, right?  Hence all the hullabaloo about keeping us restricted?

Luke 12:48

#12 BShawn

• Members
  • 4,587 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:19 AM

That's because the State Government in Michigan is not an authoritarian regime that views freedom, personal choice, and those who value them as a threat.

Wow...  Just wow.

A few requests for safety versus "Don't even look at the capitol building while carrying" in Illinois.

Oh, well.  I just keep thinking "Baby steps" to myself.

<quote>
BIGDEESUL
Give it a few years. Lol
</quote>

I do believe our day will come, 30 or so years from now th_hiding.gif

In the meantime, I have also carried (lawfully) in ... ... ... wait for it ... ... ...

A POLICE STATION :o

Yet another thing that will not happen (at least lawfully) in IL for quite some time to come I'm sure. Even though I'm hoping it's one of the things that changes sooner than later (why should I have to disarm just because I have to walk into city hall, or a police department?)!

One can hope, one can hope!

upload3.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ Licensed to carry since 2008

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ IL CCL 75 days from application to in hand!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~ I'm not the "bad guy" here, I just want to be able to defend myself and my family. Anywhere I should be permitted to carry a pencil (1st amendment), I should also be able to carry a firearm (2nd amendment) !!!!!!!!!!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"Why do I carry a handgun? Well, look at it this way -- I keep a fire extinguisher in my house. I don't expect to have a fire; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of fire, not having the means to stop the fire could result in serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. Neither do I expect to be a victim of violent crime; indeed, it's highly unlikely. But in the unlikely event of a violent crime, not having the means to stop the criminal could lead to serious property loss or personal injury to myself and my family. It is simply a matter of common-sense prudence."
GarandFan, 2007
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Drawing any line only restricts law abiding people from crossing such a line. The "line" doesn't exist for criminals so we have to support the second amendment.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
"The only thing that will stop a bad guy with a gun, is a good man with a gun"
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

#13 junglebob

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,932 posts

Posted 01 May 2014 - 07:55 AM

Well looking at the Michigan page at handgunlaw.us , I find that sports arenas and stadiums are CPZs, as are hospitals.   Also you must immediately tell a LEO if stopped if you are carrying.  There is a fine and 6 month revocation of your license if you don't.   Also just handing your LTC to the LEO with your drivers license apparently isn't enough, a motorist went to court over that and was found guilty of failure to notify since it was 40 seconds after he stopped before the LEO got his LTC. So maybe the thing to do is yell out "I have a license to carry I  am armed!" when stopped, as the LEO approaches your car.  I prefer Illinois law that says we must notify if asked!  Also Michigan doesn't recognize any non-resident LTC from the states they recognize.  Looks like they've got some things to work on too

Edited by junglebob, 01 May 2014 - 07:57 AM.

Disarming the people (is) the best and most effectual way to enslave them. George Mason

Though defensive violence will always be a sad necessity in the eyes of men of principle, it would be still more unfortunate if wrong doers should dominate just men.  -  Augustine

Three school masacres have been stopped by civilians with firearms. Two with handguns and the third by a guy with a shotgun. (Pearl, Ms; Appalacian School of Law; Edinboro,Pa)

#14 Xwing

• Members
  • 8,568 posts

Posted 07 May 2014 - 08:28 PM

Quite a difference.  MCRGO is a good group.  Glad to hear how they're treated up there.  We have more to strive for. :)

NRA Lifetime Member
IGOLD 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, 2016
CCW Laws: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Posted anti-gun business listing: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Gun Range Tools & Logs: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)
Illinois Government: (Android), (iPhone/iPad)

#15 BrowningHP

• Members
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 09:58 AM

I am shocked, SHOCKED I say that no one went on a shooting rampage while carrying there.  I mean, it's what all lawful gun owners are going to do, right?  Hence all the hullabaloo about keeping us restricted?

Don't be silly. Guns go off by themselves, that's why they are dangerous and we shouldn't allow them on public transport, or in parks. They could go off at any second ! Unless it's a cop's gun.

#16 cjurczak

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 323 posts

Posted 14 May 2014 - 06:27 PM

Don't be silly. Guns go off by themselves, that's why they are dangerous and we shouldn't allow them on public transport, or in parks. They could go off at any second ! Unless it's a cop's gun.

Cops gun don't go off by themselves because they wear those fancy electronic braclets!

No Guns No Money Cards & more:
Posted Image