Photo

farm and fleet loves park ammo report 4-22-09

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
31 replies to this topic

#1 bob

• Members
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 09:41 AM

all blazer ammo.

lots of 22LR, 40SW and 44 mag. by "lots", I mean the shelf space for that product was full. limit 5 boxes.

nothing else in common calibers except shotgun ammo.

anyone ever try the blazer 22? $13.90 a brick.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

The opinions expressed by this poster do not reflect the official stance of Illinois Carry. Apparently there was some confusion on the part of at least one person that it does, and I want to make things clear that my opinion is my own and that whatever the official stance of IC is or is not at present, it may or may not reflect my own opinion.

http://ilbob.blogspot.com/

#2 c-rock

c-rock

• Banned
  • 5,522 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:43 AM

I picked up a 5000 case back in the day of the stuff. $8 a brick was the price a few years ago. :)

Shoots decent, is peppy.
John 3:16

"For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son,[a] that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

#3 1957Human

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:32 PM

all blazer ammo.

lots of 22LR, 40SW and 44 mag. by "lots", I mean the shelf space for that product was full. limit 5 boxes.

nothing else in common calibers except shotgun ammo.

anyone ever try the blazer 22? $13.90 a brick.

What a coinkedink.... just yesterday I was at the Farm & Fleet in Bloomington and they have quite a few boxes of 12 ga. and a single box of .270, but nothing else. Not even .22!

I've shot a good bit of Blazer too (from pistols). Pretty clean and more consistent than Federal's common .22 (which seems to have gone downhill recently), but not as good as CCI or Winchester.
Life Member of GOA

#4 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 13,216 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:35 PM

I was at Cabelas in Hoffman Estates Tuesday and they had plenty of PMC .223 for $9.99 but it was a 5 box limit (100 rds.) They had a fair variety of handgun ammo too plus a lot of .22 LR.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#5 Kenny

KAP Guns Owner

• Members
  • 6,693 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:41 PM

I was at Cabelas in Hoffman Estates Tuesday and they had plenty of PMC .223 for $9.99 but it was a 5 box limit (100 rds.) They had a fair variety of handgun ammo too plus a lot of .22 LR.

That is $500/1000 that is ridiculous!!!
NRA Endowment Member ISRA Life Member NSSF Member NRA Pistol Instructor Illinois FCCL Instructor
NRA Chief Range Officer NROI Range Officer USPSA Open Division B class IDPR FCC Certified
Glock Armorer Smith & Wesson M&P Armorer ASC Zombie Shoot Survivor

#6 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,216 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 12:43 PM

Did I mention it "was on sale" down from $10.99/20 rd box?

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#7 1957Human

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 01:05 PM

Wow... those are prices one might expect for a box of 50 rather than 20.

You sure those weren't boxes of 50? How depressing.
Life Member of GOA

#8 MARKHOLSTRUM

• Members
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:52 PM

if you guys are really this hard up for ammo the stores down here are still pretty well stocked....wally world has been getting low on 9mm but thats about it. You wont catch any great deals but it might be worth a drive if your absolutely desperate to stock up for your emergency supply.........BTW last time I was in Brokeback Gander Mountain in Terre Haute they had .223 all over the place.....It was in December so I dont know about now but I can look at some of the stores here if you need me to.
"Squat and drop DOES NOT make one a U.S. citizen!" - 2ndAmendmentforever

Islamofascism didn't kill 50,000,000 people.....but Roe v Wade did.......

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

#9 bob

• Members
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:55 PM

I'd like to see us report what we find so others know where to go and where not to waste our time.
bob

Disclaimers: I am not a lawyer, cop, soldier, gunsmith, politician, plumber, electrician, or a professional practitioner of many of the other things I comment on in this forum.

The opinions expressed by this poster do not reflect the official stance of Illinois Carry. Apparently there was some confusion on the part of at least one person that it does, and I want to make things clear that my opinion is my own and that whatever the official stance of IC is or is not at present, it may or may not reflect my own opinion.

#10 1957Human

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 02:56 PM

if you guys are really this hard up for ammo the stores down here are still pretty well stocked....wally world has been getting low on 9mm but thats about it. You wont catch any great deals but it might be worth a drive if your absolutely desperate to stock up for your emergency supply.........BTW last time I was in Brokeback Gander Mountain in Terre Haute they had .223 all over the place.....It was in December so I dont know about now but I can look at some of the stores here if you need me to.

Neither the Bloomington nor the Springfield WalMarts have commonly used ammo.

I saw some generic .38 Special for sale at the new Gander Mountain in S'field, but it's $28 a box!
Life Member of GOA

#11 glide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:37 PM

Today I went to Wal-Mart in Mchenry all they had was open space for handgun ammo but had quite a few shotgun ammo boxes. I tried Farm and Fleet in Woodstock and all they had was .22 and a few rifle cals. Next I tried Wal-Mart in Woodstock, they had some .22 and 1 box of .357 magmun. I talked to the salesman at the ammo case and he said they never know whats coming or when, but this morning they got 5 boxes of Winchester target load .9mm and as he opened the box to put it in the glass case a guy walked up and said don't bother putting it away and bought all 5 boxes.

#12 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• 13,216 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

Kenny, the prices have gone through the roof and they are charging whatever they want because the shelve are bare.

$500/1000 is my target price. When I see it at that price I buy it.

It might be a good target for a group buy on .223.

#13 ryr8828

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 05:53 PM

I don't think the Marion Rural King has got any new ammunition in since December.

#14 bhannah

• Banned
  • 2,102 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:05 PM

I don't think the Marion Rural King has got any new ammunition in since December.

I was just at gat 30.00 a box for fmj 9mm I cussed and walked out.
Them I went to Cabelas in hoffman.... nothing... but rim fire..
I was going to pick up some 9mm dies...nope.... none...
So I was gonna get some primers ...nope...none.

Maybe it is time for Kenny to rethink selling ammo...
illinoisgunrights.org

God and the Soldier, all men adore,
In time of danger and not before.
When the danger is passed and all things righted,
God is forgotten, and the Soldier slighted.

"A gun is a tool, Marian. No better, no worse than any other tool. An axe, a shovel, or anything. A gun is as good or as bad as the man using it. Remember that."
Alan Ladd, in the movie Shane (1953).

Freedom is something that dies unless it's used"
Hunter S. Thompson

We have the best government money can buy...

#15 moparcardave

• Members
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 06:46 PM

Loves Park only has a few 50 round boxes now :) Wiped Rockford FF out of last of 45 and was only 3 9mm left. Gotta get it when you can. Was interesting as I grabed up three boxes earlier today an older guy, and older then me was with his wife there. He was like why is there a rush on ammo, going to be a war? I was like, you never know could be, he looked at me a bit strange. Then the guy that stocks the ammo there was like, yep could be a war with Obama doing what he's doing. I looked back and this fella in his lates 70's was grabbing up some shot shells.
Guns don't kill people, Gun FREE zones kill people!

WHY CARRY A GUN? Because carrying a Cop would be too heavy.

"I ask, sir, what is the militia? It is the whole people, except for a few public officials."
--George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 425-426.

#16 bob

• Members
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:27 AM

Get it while you can.

Its not as if ammo is going to become as plentiful or as cheap as it used to be real soon.
bob

#17 cowboyflyfisher

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:31 AM

The farm & fleet in Bradley only had a few boxes of 9mm, and a good amount of shotgun ammo, but nothing else. Cabela's in Hammond has .223 in stock, I paid 8.99/20rd box on sale the weekend of the group shoot. That's why I'm getting a .22

I haven't had any problems with .40 blazer ammo. I like it.
The Autonomous Thinker Blog

King Daley attacks guns because he knows they don't shoot people, he doesn't attack gangs because he knows they do.

The Government sanctioned American Holocaust: Jan. 22, 1973 - Present

“The American Republic will endure until the day Congress discovers that it can bribe the public with the public's money” -- Alexis de Tocqueville

#18 MARKHOLSTRUM

• Members
  • 3,048 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 08:34 AM

UPDATE: Talked to by friend that goes to china mart more than I do and they are consistantly out of .45 (I hadnt noticed since I reload for everything).....bullets and powder are everywhere but primers are scarce.
"Squat and drop DOES NOT make one a U.S. citizen!" - 2ndAmendmentforever

Islamofascism didn't kill 50,000,000 people.....but Roe v Wade did.......

In a time of universal deceit - telling the truth is a revolutionary act. - George Orwell

#19 THE KING

• Members
  • 2,438 posts

Posted 24 April 2009 - 09:31 AM

The farm & fleet in Bradley only had a few boxes of 9mm, and a good amount of shotgun ammo, but nothing else. Cabela's in Hammond has .223 in stock, I paid 8.99/20rd box on sale the weekend of the group shoot. That's why I'm getting a .22

I haven't had any problems with .40 blazer ammo. I like it.

I was in Farm & Fleet Wednesday night and they had plenty of 9MM, .40 s&w, .357 and 44mag. It was all Blazer except for the .40. Surprising enough there was no bulk packs of .22LR. Even WalMarts shelfs are empty.

I also talked to the guy who runs that department. Actually I have gotten to know him cause I'm in there purchasing a box or two everytime I get down that way, and he told me that as soon as the ammo hits the shelf, it's usually gone within a couple of hours.

Apparently, the guys from the local ranges come in and buy everything they can. For those of you that shoot in the Kankakee area, if you buy your ammo at the range, look at the back of the box and see if there are initials written over the bar code. Farm and Fleet initials every box at time of purchase. You may be buying ammo at a marked up price !!

NRA Patriot Life Member - Endowment
ISRA Member
NRA Certified Basic Pistol Instructor
NRA Certified Range Safety Officer
ISP Certified Illinois Conceal Carry Instructor
Retired Professional Firefighter / Paramedic

#20 lee n. field

• 1,956 posts

Posted 25 April 2009 - 03:59 PM

Zowie.

Went by Walmart. A couple boxes of .223, and a few boxes of .22 CB caps and .17 rimfire something or other. No other metallic cartridges. Two full shelves, almost completely empty.

Farm & Fleet had Blazer Aluminum, in some standard calibers, and a pile of boxes of whatever it is the FN 5.7 shoots.
"Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD!
Why would you have the day of the LORD?
It is darkness, and not light,"

#21 Kaeghl

• Members
  • 2,468 posts

Posted 26 April 2009 - 11:44 AM

Tracie and I went out to dinner last night in Beloit, Wi. (you know, you're still free to actually SMOKE INSIDE AT THE TABLE THERE.....WOW!), and just out of curiosity, we went to the Wally World just to check out the ammo situation up there.

I was surprised to see they still have the gun displays, about 2 dozen rifles and shotguns for sale, a few boxes of rifle ammo and shotgun shells, and 2 (two) boxes of .32 auto....and that was it for ammo.

Unlike the local Wally's here in screwtown area, the clerk didn't avoid the gun counter, but actually walked right over to see if he could help us.

#22 chopper103in

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 27 April 2009 - 03:17 PM

stopped by the farm & fleet in sycamore today to eyeball the ammo
they had 11 boxes of blazer 38sp 1 box of rem 300 mag 2 boxes of 270win
they still had quite abit of 22s,and 17s also had quite abit of shotgun shells

#23 chopper103in

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 09:07 AM

stopped by f&f in sycamore yesterday evening and they had 38sp ,357mag,and 40 in

#24 glide

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 03:53 PM

Stopped by Wal-Mart in Woodstock last night and they now have up a sign saying they will only sell 6 boxes of ammo to anyone person in 24 hr peroid. I left a note saying then they should have more ammo to sell seems how all they had was a couple boxes of .22 and 1 box .38 special and a couple of rifle cals. Thats the same ammo they had last week.

#25 chopper103in

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 154 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:14 PM

Stopped by Wal-Mart in Woodstock last night and they now have up a sign saying they will only sell 6 boxes of ammo to anyone person in 24 hr peroid. I left a note saying then they should have more ammo to sell seems how all they had was a couple boxes of .22 and 1 box .38 special and a couple of rifle cals. Thats the same ammo they had last week.

the wallmart in dekalb is like this also

#26 BobS

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 03 May 2009 - 06:52 AM

Seems like "grab it when you see it" is the best advice. Maxon will only sell handgun ammo to range customers and limits that quantity. G.A.T. has what you need but at a premium. The F&F's and Wal-Mart's I've been to only had .22 and shotgun shell. I grabbed the last two boxes of .38 specials that Cabela's had on their empty shelves. Last week The Gurnee Bass Pro had next to nothing, I might trot down to Bolingbrook to check there today...

#27 1957Human

• Members
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 01:59 PM

At my weekly trip to Farm & Fleet in Bloomington, I found quite a few boxes of Winchester's .45LC Cowboy Action Loads (250 gr. LFN) for $32.50, along with a single box of .233.

That's the first in a long while that I've come across any .45LC.
Life Member of GOA

#28 egn815

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 115 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 08:32 AM

I stopped by Farm and Fleet in Loves Park yesterday. Their shelves were empty besides a few shotgun shells and 2 50 round boxes of .22lr. :thumbsup:

#29 lee n. field

• 1,956 posts

Posted 22 May 2009 - 07:25 PM

I stopped by Farm and Fleet in Loves Park yesterday. Their shelves were empty besides a few shotgun shells and 2 50 round boxes of .22lr. :whistle:

Ditto Freeport, a couple boxes of .45 Colt cowboy ammo, and not much .22LR.

Walmart had one box of .357 Sig and some .22LR and .22 Mag.
"Woe to you who desire the day of the LORD!
Why would you have the day of the LORD?
It is darkness, and not light,"

#30 bob

• Members
  • 5,153 posts

Posted 23 May 2009 - 08:44 AM

My waife was in the Riverside Blvd WalMart in Loves Park/Rockofrd yesterday. She said the ammo case was all but empty.
bob