Pournaras v. People

Molly B.

• 1 month later...
I got to reapply again on ISP website but three weeks later I was denied again. Just waiting on denial letter so I can go to court and I still have a pending appeal in process. I get the same answer on my appeal that it's being looked at but that's not good enough I want to know how far it's in and what's been done with it but no one will tell me anything.

• 4 weeks later...

Looks like my case is getting thrown out for the time being. My lawyer called today and said we have to ask for relief from the Director of the ISP first...then go to court. SA filed a motion to dismiss the case due to us not doing that 735 ILCS 5/2-619(A)(1). But my lawyer also said that the appeals he has in through the ISP are currently almost a year with no action. He has 13 in there now with no action from the ISP yet....He is thinking about filing a class action lawsuit so they start to act on these. Unfortunately there is no time limit for them to do so. I hope the NRA and ILSRA act on this too. Pretty sure I'll be denied again, then we can go ahead to court. Just some info on those who want to go to court...you MUST appeal the ISP first BEFORE you go to court. My lawyer is drawing up my appeal as we speak...

• Molly B. unpinned this topic

Archived