CCL Renewal Problem

jheat

Please help. I am trying to renew my IL CCL online. I renewed my FOID online in November with no issues and received my card within 30 days. I took my CCL renewal class in early December. When I try to renew my CCL online it tells me "You cannot access the license wizard after you have submitted your application". But I have not submitted my CCL application. After submitting my FOID renewal, the application wizard has completely locked me out of doing anything.

I have called the IL State Police in Springfield (217-782-7980) several times a week for the past 6 weeks. I am unable to reach a person or leave a message.

I have emailed the IL State Police in Springfield 6 times using ASK_CCL@isp.state.il.us. No one will respond.

My CCL expires on March 7, 2019.

At this point, the system is preventing me from renewing. Any suggestions?

I need help also. I logged in with new ID and Password when I changed my address six months ago - no problems. Saved my ID and password and have been trying for to weeks to login using two different laptops. Had to wait 2 hours many times because they thought I was not who I was. Got a new email address and tried to log on as a new user as someone else suggested - did not work. Finally was able to change my password and got an email back from the Illinois State Police stating that my password was reset on 1/20/2019 -- thought I had it made, but no, still cannot log on. I have my 3 hour training certificate and photo ready to upload and getting more frustrated everyday. I have been trying for two weeks to call and all I get is disconnected and told to call back later. Even tried the paper application phone number at ISP and no one will answer to phone at that extension. Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

I need help also. I logged in with new ID and Password when I changed my address six months ago - no problems. Saved my ID and password and have been trying for to weeks to login using two different laptops. Had to wait 2 hours many times because they thought I was not who I was. Got a new email address and tried to log on as a new user as someone else suggested - did not work. Finally was able to change my password and got an email back from the Illinois State Police stating that my password was reset on 1/20/2019 -- thought I had it made, but no, still cannot log on. I have my 3 hour training certificate and photo ready to upload and getting more frustrated everyday. I have been trying for two weeks to call and all I get is disconnected and told to call back later. Even tried the paper application phone number at ISP and no one will answer to phone at that extension. Does anyone have any additional suggestions?

That is odd. Usually when you create a new login with a new email address it works right away. Is it telling you something is invalid? Molly B may have a better suggestion. I'm curious to when you say you "can not log on" what error you are seeing.

I suggest trying to create a whole new account - new user ID, new email address, new password.

If that does not work, call the ISP at this number and ask for their tech/web support

(217) 782-7263

I suggest trying to create a whole new account - new user ID, new email address, new password.

If that does not work, call the ISP at this number and ask for their tech/web support

(217) 782-7263

Thank you Molly, I tried the new account process but still could not log on. Did call ISP at the number you provided and instead of getting a message to call back later, I got a message something to effect the "Please hold and your call will be answered when operator is available". Waited about 10 minutes and did get the problem resolved in two minutes. First time in about 20 phone calls that I actually got a thoughtful business response.

• 4 weeks later...

Thank you Molly, I tried the new account process but still could not log on. Did call ISP at the number you provided and instead of getting a message to call back later, I got a message something to effect the "Please hold and your call will be answered when operator is available". Waited about 10 minutes and did get the problem resolved in two minutes. First time in about 20 phone calls that I actually got a thoughtful business response.

What did they do to resolve the problem in two minutes?

(217) 782-7263

I'm stuck in this exact same issue...trying to get my renewal in before my license expires on 2/28.

I called the 782-7263 number and the officer who answered the phone had no idea what I was talking about. All he said he could do was to take a message and pass it along.

Has anybody found any other way of resolving this license wizard error other than a hope and a prayer?

When I called the 782-7263 number about a week ago, someone answered, but they only took a message. They admitted that the online system is problematic. They said it woudl take 3 or 4 weeks to resolve the issue. My CCL expires before then. I still cannot rewnew online. The system has me locked out.

I created three different accounts with three different logins and emaill addresses. All have the same issue.

I will try calling again in hopes of getting the correct person.

• 1 month later...

The state gets 90 days to process your renewal if you submitted prints, or 120 days if you didn't submit prints. If you submitted prints when you originally applied, then you're in the 90 day category. In any event your current license remains valid during processing, as long as you're eligible, no matter how long it takes. Do the Inspect Element thing to see more detail as to your progress.

Archived