Shepard update 4/13

I found this part well-written and articulate.

Limiting Second Amendment rights to the home would effectively

read the term “bear” out of the Constitution. The explicit guarantee of the

right to “bear” arms would mean little if it did not protect the right to

“bear” arms outside of the home where they are “kept.” The most fundamental

canons of construction forbid any interpretation that would relegate

this language to the status of meaningless surplus. See, e.g., Wright v. United

States, 302 U.S. 583, 588 (1938). The courts are not free to ignore the

Second Amendment’s unmistakable distinction between the people’s right

of “keeping” arms and “bearing” them.

Citrix ... I am totally with you in regard to thoughts and feelings about the state of Illinois and their view of us. It's the kind of utter, blatant disrespect that makes one consider whether it's time for torches and pitchforks and storming the castle and all that.

I would recommend this revision.....

I am totally with you in regard to thoughts and feelings about the
state of Illinois
Chicago Machine
and their view of us. It's the kind of utter, blatant disrespect that makes one consider whether it's time for torches and pitchforks and storming the castle and all that.

Our enemy with complete and total disregard of the People, is the Chicago Machine! They are ruling Illinois with an Iron Fist and spending our state into bankruptcy and driving out good businesses. They are the ENEMY!

Regards, Drd

Bob hit the nail on the head. There is a lot of bad blood between these two groups. I imagine that some very stressful conversations are going on right now.

Yep. The two groups have very different views on how to pursue their agendas. [Our agendas]. This is much the same as the different views on this forum as to how to achieve our goals.

Agreed. Let's make Chicago the 51st State !

Madigan won't even let that one out of committee. I think more and more people are finally realizing the strength of the chicago machine. They have the final say on everything that concerns the whole state. Period. Downstate legislators could band together and overcome this, but it would cost them quite a bit of "Political capital". Now, how do we convince them that they need to do this?

Madigan won't even let that one out of committee. I think more and more people are finally realizing the strength of the chicago machine. They have the final say on everything that concerns the whole state. Period. Downstate legislators could band together and overcome this, but it would cost them quite a bit of "Political capital". Now, how do we convince them that they need to do this?

What typically happens is downstate legislators campaign against the Chicago machine, but when they are elected, they cut deals and compromise with the machine they ran against. I think the voters are starting to wake up to that, however, making it tougher for the machine to continue to control the entire state. People have had enough of the Chicago machine way... I hope that legislators wake up to the reality that if the state continues to be run by Chicago, it will be run into the ground.

What typically happens is downstate legislators campaign against the Chicago machine, but when they are elected, they cut deals and compromise with the machine they ran against. I think the voters are starting to wake up to that, however, making it tougher for the machine to continue to control the entire state. People have had enough of the Chicago machine way... I hope that legislators wake up to the reality that if the state continues to be run by Chicago, it will be run into the ground.

really? the people of my district just elected someone from outside our district funded by a Chicago rep to run against Eddy. Luckily I think we are ok on 2A issues with him, but still Not everyone realizes we are up against the machine in every election no matter what district we are in.

We are about as run into the ground as it gets already. Just becasue the state has not completely collapsed yet does not mean it is not teetering on the edge of doing so.

The brief was a great read, thanks for posting that. It completely shredded any argument the anti-gun types can make..

kind of cool to watch history unfold (slowly).

What happens if the 7th circuit grants the injunction against UUW/AUUW and the other side appeals, does that stay the injunction?

No it does not automatically stay. Wait for an all clear from Todd first.

The brief was a great read, thanks for posting that. It completely shredded any argument the anti-gun types can make..

What happens if the 7th circuit grants the injunction against UUW/AUUW and the other side appeals, does that stay the injunction?

and when/if that happens, I will post a video of me doing my happy dance on YouTubewoohoo.gif

and when/if that happens, I will post a video of me doing my happy dance on YouTubewoohoo.gif

Owweee owweeee. The thought of that hurts my brain....

I for one support this :)

Archived