Sanctuary gun counties in Illinois

Ranger

I could be wrong, but I think after the last election where resolutions were on the ballot, the overall effort/volume has decreased so I would not expect a lot of updates. Maybe closer to the next election when more resolutions might be presented to voter. Most recent maps I am aware of are in the post above.

All of those maps seem to only go up to about August of last year.

Is there a regularly updated map, as well as a list of the counties and other municipalities, anywhere?

If not, maybe a sticky should be put up with that in it, in the original posting, for quick and complete reference.

I am not keeping track of municipalities as county Sheriffs and County Attorney hold more power than that of a city or township.

Anytime I hear about a county passing a sanctuary county measure I will update the map.

Has been since august or so since I have heard anything.

Post hear if you have an update, once I verify then I will update the map.

• 3 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...

Sounds like on ballot in Rock Island County as well...

https://www.wqad.com/article/news/politics/rock-island-2nd-amendment-protection-vote/526-43e33df7-fabb-470f-8dd2-0c805fbeabcf

Rock Island County voters say yes to 2nd amendment proposition

The question: "Should the Illinois General Assembly protect a citizen's right to keep and bear arms as defined by the Second Amendment?"

ROCK ISLAND, Ill. — Voters in Rock Island County have voted yes on the 2nd amendment proposition.

The proposition passed with 85% for and 15% against.

The question: "Should the Illinois General Assembly protect a citizen's right to keep and bear arms as defined by the Second Amendment of the United States Constitution?"

RICO BEAR ARMS PROP

Total

Number of Precincts 120

Precincts Reporting 120 100.0 %

Vote For 1

YES 55457 84.68%

NO 10036 15.32%

I do hope, in all sincerity, that everyone realizes that there is NO SUCH THING as a firearm sanctuary county.

The ATF does not care, and will arrest you.

The ISP does not care, and will arrest you.

the States Attorney, who is an elected employee of the state, may or may not care, but then the ATF still doesn't.

It is and has always been a political statement proclaiming the will of The People.

I do hope, in all sincerity, that everyone realizes that there is NO SUCH THING as a firearm sanctuary county.

The ATF does not care, and will arrest you.

The ISP does not care, and will arrest you.

the States Attorney, who is an elected employee of the state, may or may not care, but then the ATF still doesn't.

The various statements by states attorneys, the referenda, and the resolutions county boards, cited in this thread have dealt with state firearm laws potentially passed by the Illinois General Assembly.

The ATF would not have any jurisdiction in the laws in question, unless the state law and federal law overlap.

I seem to recall a simlilar thing when the law banning carry was struck and the state ordered to enact carry. The Madison county prosecutor said he would not prosecute anyone found carrying until such time as the carry law was written. Thereby giving constitutional carry for a period of time in Madison county. Im sure other counties announced the same at the time.

Not sure if there were any arrests or not to see if they stuck to their word.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Greeting All:

This seems like a good place to get this started. Pertaining to 5855 bill proposed to pass in January. The odds in getting 14 Democrats to break party lines is a huge task. However, we may have part of the mechanism in place already. The sanctuary county movement looks like a logical place to start. Remind each County of their resolution. I would then recommend we use that mechanism too organize all County State attorney's, county boards presidents, sheriff's, local PD's to issue a joint statement re affirming each county proclamation that law enforcement will not enforce and county will not prosecute any of the 5855 firearms unconstitutional prevision of this law. Thoughts?

while that is noble, I would suggest we start reminding all of these county Boards about what they voted on and then start asking the Sheriffs and State's attorneys if they are going to enforce things like the mag ban and such. 

neutering the effects and implementation of it will drive the left bonkers when sheriffs and SA say not going to enforce it, course with no cash bail what are they going to do?

On 12/6/2022 at 7:34 PM, Dave D said:

When they are threatened with their medical and dental plan, they will enforce it....

I think Amendment 1 will give the unions a WHOLE lot more control over this. 

The expression "Screwed the pooch" comes to mind. 

Interesting times are ahead when people actually figure out how to exploit this new amendment, 

On 12/7/2022 at 11:45 AM, SiliconSorcerer said:

I think Amendment 1 will give the unions a WHOLE lot more control over this. 

The expression "Screwed the pooch" comes to mind. 

Interesting times are ahead when people actually figure out how to exploit this new amendment, 

Dont forget the pension plan....

Archived