One in 9 Democrats Bought Gun in Past 3 Months, Poll Shows

mauserme

If the Democratic Party as a whole embraced the 2A, theyd be ok. The way the party is heading though (and has been for awhile), the elected officials dont see the 2A as a right, but rather a privilege. Just imagine if people put the 2A ahead of the party label when voting. Id vote for a hardcore 2A dem over an anti-gun R any day of the week. Wishful thinking and wont happen.

Until then, many (not all) new Dem gun owners will most likely vote for the same people that want to make their newly purchased AR or 15 round pistol mags for their new Glock 19 illegal. If they want to be legislated into criminals like the rest of us, so be it

I guess Im not out, as my comment was deleted, so fair game to return

It's probably incorrect to say all Democrats who bought guns did so for the same, single reason. It's equally incorrect for any of us to claim to know the mind of every Democrat any more than we could make that claim about every Republican.

The article originally linked to shows a trend without really analyzing the cause of that trend. The US is a very different place compared to when the 2016 BBC article was written. It's likely there are different reasons now compared to then.

I agree with pretty much all of this. :thumbsup:

I'm all for discussion about the politics of things. I just think more care needs to be taken not to generalize everyone from a specific side. I wouldn't do so for either red or blue. I know great people, and have great friends that fall on both sides of the political spectrum, and really there's not much different about all of us. Two of my best friends are Republicans. My closest friend from childhood is a Democrat. I'm an independent/centrist.

From someone that shares your feelings, I see nothing but good when "both sides" decide that they have the right to personal protection, win,win in my book.

Steve Schmidt The Lincoln Project

“I think a good sign of being an idiot in life is believing that all virtue is vested in one of these political parties and all evil in the other,”

^^^

post-16014-0-13132300-1599183025_thumb.jpeg

And

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/08/09/steve_schmidt_donald_trumps_republican_party_must_burn_to_the_ground.html

STEVE SCHMIDT: Thats not to mention the baby internment camps, the indecency, the cruelty, the meanness, the lying, the complicit nature of this Republican majority with an attack on the country thats launched by the Russian Federation. So the Republican party of Teddy Roosevelt and John McCain and Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush is dead. Its over. It doesnt exist anymore. It has been taken over, lock, stock, and barrel. For there to be any redemption of a right of center conservative party in the United States of America means the party of Trump must be destroyed politically.

Hes a hack, but I get the quote (look up his confederate stuff to lol)

^^^

attachicon.gifBCCD7E9F-6BCD-4BED-9C7D-C17981E63659.jpeg

And

https://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2018/08/09/steve_schmidt_donald_trumps_republican_party_must_burn_to_the_ground.html

STEVE SCHMIDT: Thats not to mention the baby internment camps, the indecency, the cruelty, the meanness, the lying, the complicit nature of this Republican majority with an attack on the country thats launched by the Russian Federation. So the Republican party of Teddy Roosevelt and John McCain and Ronald Reagan and George W. Bush is dead. Its over. It doesnt exist anymore. It has been taken over, lock, stock, and barrel. For there to be any redemption of a right of center conservative party in the United States of America means the party of Trump must be destroyed politically.

Hes a hack, but I get the quote (look up his confederate stuff to lol)

Then what's your beef?

A quote is meaningless if the person doesn’t abide by their own words

but I get the quote,

“I think a good sign of being an idiot in life is believing that all virtue is vested in one of these political parties and all evil in the other,”

evidently you understood it. There was no question on this quiz about the author of the quote.

Steve, I'm a firearm instructor, my job is to allow ANY person qualified by law to have access to the very best training available. Their political opinions are none of my business. In my book ANY person that wants to exercise their 2A rights IS a vote for gun rights. I do not chase conspiracies nor look under the bed before "tucking" in. There is no doubt in my mind that your heart is in the right place, BUT this constant "if you don't vote my way you are some sort of traitor to 2A " makes you lose credibility, and your arguments are shallow IMHO.

I hope so, but I don’t know what it is. I kinda bring it with influencers every chance I get. Unfortunately that is not nearly as often as it would have been without CoVid.

Elect me for Senator or something... great retirement job I think.

Let's stay open to discussing it more if either of us has a flash of brilliance. I mean, we don't have to agree on everything to agree on this, right?

Absolutely!

I hope so, but I don’t know what it is. I kinda bring it with influencers every chance I get. Unfortunately that is not nearly as often as it would have been without CoVid.

Elect me for Senator or something... great retirement job I think.

Let's stay open to discussing it more if either of us has a flash of brilliance. I mean, we don't have to agree on everything to agree on this, right?

Absolutely!

Thank you!

I'm closing my own thread on that promise of hope.

Archived