My license was in my mail today!

I applied for my CCW on April 15th 2016 and here I am still under board review Jan 1st 2018. I spent my hard earned money to take the classes, pay online, and purchase a firearm jus so I can conceal and carry. It’s almost going on 2 years jus for a group of men to decide yes or no If I can get a license to walk around with my firearm In ILLinois. I just don’t understand why they’re making me wait so long. I’m at the point where l don’t even want it! I jus want my money back!

I applied for my CCW on April 15th 2016 and here I am still under board review Jan 1st 2018. I spent my hard earned money to take the classes, pay online, and purchase a firearm jus so I can conceal and carry. It’s almost going on 2 years jus for a group of men to decide yes or no If I can get a license to walk around with my firearm In ILLinois. I just don’t understand why they’re making me wait so long. I’m at the point where l don’t even want it! I jus want my money back!

I hear you brother but you got to just hang in there. They have been picking up on the number of applicants they review each month, so you should be hopefully coming up soon.

I hear you brother but you got to just hang in there. They have been picking up on the number of applicants they review each month, so you should be hopefully coming up soon.

yea hopefully i get it soon because this is ridiculous

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a question. Ive been "Under Review" for 33 days now. I tried the google chrome thing and I dont write code. I've seen in the lower left corner box. Submitted, QC verified, and Approved. The only one in bold was Submitted the others were not, what does that mean?

It means you are just sitting in the line and the law enforcement window may or may not have opened. Did you submit with prints? If not you will be in this status for some time. If you did submit print expect to move to q.c verified or approved/active soonish

I did not give prints, I work for the village that I live in and they have my prints on files at the PD. Hope it helps....

Actually it wont.

You need a Fingerprint TCN on your application. If it says "Not specified" then you are just another no prints submitted.

Bummer, to bad. I have a feeling its going to be a long wait.

oh, 90 to 110 or so days probably...you can get printed and have those added to the app if so inclined and want to spend the $$.

Hello All! Figured, I'll give my timeline to paint a better picture of current wait times. :cool:

About me: No criminal history whatsoever (including misdemeanors or complaints) and living in Kane County.

Timeline:

Submitted (with prints): 2/6/2018

Email trick: 3/6/2018

Under Review/QC_VERIFIED: 3/8/2018 (30 calendar days, 22 business days)

Under Review/Approved: 3/18/2018 (40 calendar days, 28 business days)

Active: 3/21/2018 (43 calendar days, 31 business days)

License in Mail: 3/27/2018 (49 calendar days, 35 business days)

Total time: 49 calendar days, 35 business days.

Just Arrived in the mailbox 4/2/18. Breakdown of timeframe (Chicago resident):

1/20/2018 Submitted w/prints

2/28/2018 Under Review QC Verified (first noticed)

3/27/2018 Under Review Approved

3/30/2018 Went to Active Status

4/2/2018 In Hand

Result: 47 days to Active status
70 calendar days – 23 days skipped:
Excluded 10 Saturdays
Excluded 10 Sundays
Excluded 3 holidays:
Lincoln's Birthday (Monday, February 12, 2018)
Presidents' Day (Monday, February 19, 2018)
Casimir Pulaski Day (Monday, March 5, 2018)