Photo

Have Illinois And Utah, What Do I Need To Get Florida?

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#1 chislinger

• Supporting Members Team
  • 5,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 09:05 AM

Going to Florida in March, would like to get a Florida CCL so I can carry there. What additional things do I need to apply for a Florida license?

"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#2 Craigcelia

• 1,939 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 10:02 AM

Going to Florida in March, would like to get a Florida CCL so I can carry there. What additional things do I need to apply for a Florida license?

Just get an application from FL dept of Agriculture, include a copy of your Illinois certificate and that's it. Get application notorized, fingerprints by law enforcement and send it in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Edited by Craigcelia, 03 December 2017 - 10:04 AM.

Craig

NRA / ISRA Life Member
CCL Classes

#3 Frank

"Frank can Glock"

• 2,382 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 11:01 AM

Just get an application from FL dept of Agriculture, include a copy of your Illinois certificate and that's it. Get application notorized, fingerprints by law enforcement and send it in.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Yep! What Craig said!

-- Frank

NRA Life Member - NRA Basic Pistol Instructor - NRA PPIH Instructor - NRA PPOH Instructor - USPSA Range Officer - IL Firearms Concealed Carry Instructor - ITWT Club Member #438

"The Supreme Court has decided that the amendment confers a right to bear arms for self-defense, which is as important outside the home as inside." -Moore v. Madigan, 7th Circuit Court of Appeals, December 11, 2012

#4 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:05 PM

https://laso.freshfromflorida.com/
Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#5 chislinger

• 5,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:28 PM

Thanks! Anyone know a PD close to the north side of Chicago that's good to do the prints?
"I'm not worried about following the U.S. Constitution." - Washington County, Alabama Judge Nick Williams

#6 Trevis

• Members
  • 2,886 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:36 PM

Thanks! Anyone know a PD close to the north side of Chicago that's good to do the prints?

Call around and see what they would change. The cheapest near me was $25/card

"You know, there are some words I've known since I was a schoolboy: 'With the first link, the chain is forged. The first speech censured...the first thought forbidden...the first freedom denied--chains us all irrevocably.' Those words were uttered by Judge Aaron Satie, as wisdom...and warning. The first time any man's freedom is trodden on, we're all damaged..." - Capt. Jean-Luc Picard

“But whether the Constitution really be one thing, or another, this much is certain - that it has either authorized such a government as we have had, or has been powerless to prevent it. In either case it is unfit to exist.”

― Lysander SpoonerNo Treason: The Constitution of No Authority

1AApp.jpg

#7 Mr. Fife

Nip it

• Members
  • 13,050 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 02:52 PM

Niles PD. Call them and make an appointment. They're probably the best deal on the north side.

Have all boated who fish?

#8 chislinger

• 5,472 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:00 PM

Thanks Fife!

#9 Gamma

• Members
  • 2,231 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 03:27 PM

Hopefully nationwide reciprocity gets passed so you won't need it.
Illinois' FCCA is a prime example of the maxim that sufficiently advanced incompetence is indistinguishable from malice.

#10 Brownshoe

• PipPip
  • 121 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:12 PM

Niles PD. Call them and make an appointment. They're probably the best deal on the north side.

+1 They were not only prompt and organized, but very helpful, cheerful, and happy to do the job. 

#11 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:06 PM

https://www.vniles.com/faq.aspx?TID=22

How do I go about getting fingerprints for employment/background? Fingerprinting is done by appointment only. You must call 847-588-6500 to schedule an appointment. The fee for fingerprinting is $25.00.

Edited by AlphaKoncepts aka CGS, 03 December 2017 - 05:06 PM.

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#12 AlphaKoncepts aka CGS

Firearm Instructor and Gun Rights Activist

• Members
  • 7,959 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 05:07 PM

Hopefully nationwide reciprocity gets passed so you won't need it.

You know they attached the NICS fix to kill it, don't you?

-Thomas

Member, ISRA; Life Member, NRA; NRA Certified Instructor, AGI Certified Gunsmith, Illinois Concealed Carry Instructor
www.alphakoncepts.com  www.gunrights4illinois.com  @AlphaKoncepts

#13 chicagoresident

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 219 posts

Posted 04 December 2017 - 11:59 AM

Vernon Hills did mine for Florida. It was out of the way, but quick and painless.

They charged $25.

Edited by chicagoresident, 04 December 2017 - 12:04 PM.

#14 chislinger

• 5,472 posts

Posted 13 December 2017 - 09:02 PM

OK I completed and paid for the online application and got fingerprinted, I'll send that in tomorrow. Hopefully it takes less than the 90 days they say to allow because that cuts it close!

#15 John Q Public

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 10:34 AM

You will need the instructors NRA Training ID as well. Trust me, they changed the process and now require that too. Just write the instructors name and number on a copy of of Illinois Cert will work fine.

#16 chislinger

• 5,472 posts

Posted 14 December 2017 - 02:55 PM

You will need the instructors NRA Training ID as well. Trust me, they changed the process and now require that too. Just write the instructors name and number on a copy of of Illinois Cert will work fine.

His name and number is printed on the training certificate.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users