Heads Up

barryware

Not complaining.. Just saying..

My status went from "supporting member" to "member".

I know why.. My subscription (or whatever) ran out.

Just say'en.. When close to your membership status change.. Maybe an e-mail reminder would help.

I can't keep track of everything (Netflix, AARP, Amazon prime, St. Judes, USPCA, and all the other organizations I / we are a part of).

As said.. Not complaining.. It is my responsibility to keep my yit up to date.

Just say'en, maybe a polite reminder prior to expiration would be helpful..

Everyone who may read this.. Stay safe!

Not complaining.. Just saying..

My status went from "supporting member" to "member".

I know why.. My subscription (or whatever) ran out.

Just say'en.. When close to your membership status change.. Maybe an e-mail reminder would help.

I can't keep track of everything (Netflix, AARP, Amazon prime, St. Judes, USPCA, and all the other organizations I / we are a part of).

As said.. Not complaining.. It is my responsibility to keep my yit up to date.

Just say'en, maybe a polite reminder prior to expiration would be helpful..

Everyone who may read this.. Stay safe!

To the Admin's defense, IPB doesn't not have a function to remind users or the admin of pending subscriptions expirations. You have to recall that the only way to afford running a site like this is to use generic forum software, and if the function isn't built-in, it's usually very expensive to get someone to create a custom mod. The only thing you can do is just check your profile whenever you log-in.

One trick I know can work is, if they have the B-Day Greeting feature enabled, you can set your B-Day as your renewal date, and you can use the PM as your alert. I don't believe however they have the B-Day greeting currently enabled.

Put a reminder or enter it as an appointment on your phone or email calendar. It will notify you when it's due. I usually set the date as a week or two before mine expires.

Yes, a reminder to self is a good idea now that we have all that tech we pay for. Let's use it!
Exactly.Anyone posting on this forum has access to either a computer, tablet, phone, etc., thus also has access to any number of calendar apps/programs.This day and age, there's no reason to let anything expire due to forgetfulness, lack of situational awareness, etc.

You guys crack me up.. Really :)

Situational awareness.. Forgetfulness..

I wuz making a suggestion.. I wuz not complaining (as stated in my OP)..

My suggestion wuz: Maybe the forum could send a reminder.. If that is not possible, I understand.

Bailiff.. Whack his pee-pee..

I deserve a good whacking for even bringing it up (no pun intended) :)

Archived