Renewals have begun

I'm thinking it's only $75 to renew?

$150.

Plus convenience fee.

$75 is for lost or stolen replacement.

Plus convenience fee.

My CCL renew button appeared 10/29/18. My CCL expiration is 02/27/2019. So, that's 120 days out. The ISP form is pre-filled with your original applicant information. There is a page of "Have you been charged, arrested, convicted or hospitalized" questions. For instructors they ask for your CCT number and the date that was assigned. They want you to upload your 3-hour training certificate, which for instructors, is not required. I uploaded my NRA certification. They also want an uploaded photo passport type taken within the last 30 days even though they will use your driver license picture which they link. Payment is by credit card or e-check. I paid by CC. The cost was $150 plus 3.38 for processing. You get a confirmation number in a receipt at the end. Processing by ISP is 120 days from payment.

zoz

My CCL renew button appeared 10/29/18. My CCL expiration is 02/27/2019. So, that's 120 days out. The ISP form is pre-filled with your original applicant information. There is a page of "Have you been charged, arrested, convicted or hospitalized" questions. For instructors they ask for your CCT number and the date that was assigned. They want you to upload your 3-hour training certificate, which for instructors, is not required. I uploaded my NRA certification. They also want an uploaded photo passport type taken within the last 30 days even though they will use your driver license picture which they link. Payment is by credit card or e-check. I paid by CC. The cost was $150 plus 3.38 for processing. You get a confirmation number in a receipt at the end. Processing by ISP is 120 days from payment.

zoz

Thanks for the rundown.

The interesting thing will be what date your CCL expires, will it be 5 years from the original expiration date or 5 years from when the renewed CCL is ACTIVE?

Just a FYI, I renewed my Illinois Drivers License about 3 months early and the expiration date is 4 years from the original date.

zoz

Thanks for the rundown.

The interesting thing will be what date your CCL expires, will it be 5 years from the original expiration date or 5 years from when the renewed CCL is ACTIVE?

Just a FYI, I renewed my Illinois Drivers License about 3 months early and the expiration date is 4 years from the original date.

I mentioned above that I renewed my FOID online in September. I had a December 1 expiration. They renewed it on September 24 and it expires September 24, 2028. Very wrong. I won’t be in too big of a hurry to renew my CCL. I expire Feb 28. Plan to submit around Feb 1. Law allows you to carry past expiration if you’ve reapplied and are still legal to carry otherwise.

The pop up I see specifically states not to process unless you a 90 days from renewal. I’m not sure why they would allow processing if that is the case. (I still don’t see the button, and I’m a 2/27.)

I just checked also. I'm a 2/28 expiration and an Instructor and my RENEW button is not there.

As usual, there is no rhyme or reason to their way of doing things.

The pop up I see specifically states not to process unless you a 90 days from renewal. I’m not sure why they would allow processing if that is the case. (I still don’t see the button, and I’m a 2/27.)

I just checked also. I'm a 2/28 expiration and an Instructor and my RENEW button is not there.

Watch it appear tomorrow.

Actually for the heck of it I just checked and it's active right now.

My only concern is their statement advising not to renew until 90 days out. Why would they put that on the sign in screen and then open up renewals 120 days ahead of time.

It would be nice if they answered their phones cause I would like to know whether we should renew now or wait until the 90 day mark. Maybe Molly could find out for us. I don't want to renew now and find out that we get a renewal date 2 to 3 months shorter than the 5 year period like they did on my FOID card.

Be careful with renewing early. My old FOID expires December 1, 2018. I did the renewal online on September 2. Instead of expiring on December 1, 2018, it expires September 24, 2028. They screwed me out of a few months, which isn't right..

Someone who renews their CCL early- please post on here when you get it back if it went 5 years from renewal date (plus a few weeks for processing), or 5 years from current expiration date. It SHOULD expire 5 years from expiration date...but it is Illinois.

My FOID also expired on Dec. 1, 2018. I renewed in October, and my new renewal date is October 24 2028. So yes, I was also screwed out of of my remaining month.

Be careful with renewing early. My old FOID expires December 1, 2018. I did the renewal online on September 2. Instead of expiring on December 1, 2018, it expires September 24, 2028. They screwed me out of a few months, which isn't right..

Someone who renews their CCL early- please post on here when you get it back if it went 5 years from renewal date (plus a few weeks for processing), or 5 years from current expiration date. It SHOULD expire 5 years from expiration date...but it is Illinois.

My FOID also expired on Dec. 1, 2018. I renewed in October, and my new renewal date is October 24 2028. So yes, I was also screwed out of of my remaining month.
It's all in how you look at it. Renewing early doesn't take a month off of your life It just took some time off of your 10 year renewal. :rofl:

My renew button went on today. The process was pretty painless and the website was very quick. You will need your password (had to look it up because my browser stores it), your photograph, your instructor credentials and your instructor CCT number(if you are renewing as an instructor) and of course the $153.88.

Now fingers crossed and waiting. Hopefully it will be quick.

Best of luck everyone and to me too!!

The pop up I see specifically states not to process unless you a 90 days from renewal. Im not sure why they would allow processing if that is the case. (I still dont see the button, and Im a 2/27.)

And it did. Still worried about that 90 day statement in the initial pop up.

@molly, any chance that you can find out more about this?

So the question is, the folks that went through the renewal process, was the 90 day message there before you logged in?

It will be a month before my "button" appears if it appears at EXP-120.

This note appears in a box when I access the website before I log-in:

DO NOT ATTEMPT WITH A SMART PHONE OR TABLET. Errors from mobile interface can result in application denial. Only attempt renewal within 90 days of your expiration date. Finally, please ensure your address on file with the Secretary of State is up-to-date because applications and SOS addresses MUST match.

With any luck, Molly will soon receive an answer from ISP.

Archived