HeavyDuty

This state is a mess and a complete joke

Submitted 3/28 for renewal

Expired 7/7

Still under review

QC Verified 9/7

ISP called 2x 10/30 (misssed calls)

Active 10/31

ISP called 10/31 to tell me it was finally approved. The lady said somehow it got "stuck" in the system but couldnt explain why or what that meant.

Received a letter 11/4 from ISP (dated 10/31) saying they had a issue with my TCN for the prints and it could be delayed even longer (even though I went active 10/31) It's the same TCN I originally used from my inital CCL and no issues.

11/6 FINALLY received my new CCL

Yesterday, I took my renewal class at Shore Galleries from Daniel out of Davad Defense yesterday and had the rep from Above Biometrics do the renewal application submission.

For anyone looking to take the CCL course or renewal class, I highly recommend them. The instructor covered a lot of good law and use of force info and scenarios, including some things that I hadn't considered/encountered before. He's also a CPD firearms instructor and the go-to subject matter expert for the CPD on concealed carry, not to mention a pretty d@mned funny guy. Well worth the $85 for the class.

Additionally, the Above Biometrics rep, Jay, streamlined the process for the submission and got everything squared away, plus gives out his card and contact info if you encounter any problems. Also worth the 40 bucks for peace of mind to have it all done by someone who does it thousands of times a year and thus knows all of the ins-and-outs and pitfalls.

Now, to see how long it takes for the State to do their paid duty as public servants and get my civil rights permission slip processed and not #### it up, as they are wont to.

• 2 weeks later...

Applied for renewal on 4-14-19, no prints

Rejected for not signing training certificate on 7-12-19 (120 days)

Resubmitted signed certificate same day as rejection.

Still under review (99 days since resubmittal, 219 days overall and counting)

Terrible

Illinois Situational Review:

Outstanding Performance. Pay Raises all around and bonuses issued.

(Not Purple)

Terrible

How did you resubmit the training certificate?

Through the ISP website under my login. When the status changed to ‘Rejected’ it opened up an area to upload the document and resubmit. I can’t remember the specifics of it but I recall it being similar to the look of the initial renewal page. I just signed my certificate and scanned it in as a pdf. Seemed simple enough (or so I thought).

Terrible

How did you resubmit the training certificate?

Through the ISP website under my login. When the status changed to ‘Rejected’ it opened up an area to upload the document and resubmit. I can’t remember the specifics of it but I recall it being similar to the look of the initial renewal page. I just signed my certificate and scanned it in as a pdf. Seemed simple enough (or so I thought).

Okay, if your status does not go "active" by the end of November, please let me know.

• 3 weeks later...

Filed renewal 8/25/2019

As of today, still Under Review

44 days and counting

System still says under review, but inspect element reveals "QC_verified" "approved". So I guess I'm just waiting for a hamster in the mailroom to print the ID and mail it.

No change, site still shows "under review". I'm at what now, 111 days? If I had any hair left I'd be pulling it out.

Web page shows 'Under Review"

QC shows...

http://www.doodnet.com/images/ccqc.jpg

Should this be a 'good thing'?

(Yes..I know this is a cross post)

Mine has been like that for well over a month.

QC shows...

While I expect IL to drag it out as long as possible...I'd like to think that 'I am approved' and should expect my permission slip eventually...

QC shows...

While I expect IL to drag it out as long as possible...I'd like to think that 'I am approved' and should expect my permission slip eventually...

Yeah, for sure. Just don't hold your breath for the actual physical permit

Officially at the halfway mark, 45 days. Still no change.

I think that if the ISP does not fulfill their duties in this regard, given the massive misuse of the gathered FOID and CCL funds that's been recently uncovered, that for every day after the legally mandated time limit for them to send out the licenses, a progressive fine is applied per day out of the ISP's employment budget, starting with the administration and senior officers. I would bet that there would suddenly be an amazing change of processing times if that were done.

I logged in today for an update and it says rejected because the address on my DL doesn't match what I entered. There's a link to correct it.

I moved to Brookfield in November while this was still "under review" and I had no choice but to update my DL with the state. Question is, they've given the link to enter the new address so I'm guessing it's fine to do so and they won't try to double bill me or make some other excuse to reject it? Molly?

Submitted my renewal on 7-5-19 for CCL, no prints, expired 10-23, still shows under review...…...over 180 days and counting

Submitted my renewal on 10-11-19 for Foid, expired today, still shows under review. over 80 days and counting..

My question still is how do some get approved before others that submitted first? Seems like they wade into a big pile and pull out random applications...…….it's your lucky day if you get picked

Submitted my renewal on 7-5-19 for CCL, no prints, expired 10-23, still shows under review...…...over 180 days and counting

Submitted my renewal on 10-11-19 for Foid, expired today, still shows under review. over 80 days and counting..

My question still is how do some get approved before others that submitted first? Seems like they wade into a big pile and pull out random applications...…….it's your lucky day if you get picked

More likely they get divvied into piles and you either get the conscientious worker, the slacker or the one that’s out sick all the time....

Archived