Chicago Right to Carry Town Hall - Sat. Apr. 28, 2012

Molly B.

I'm not as savy at this stuff as some of you. Is this something that those of us who do not live in the kingdom of Chicago should attend? Will antis and or reps who voted no be there?

So far, things have been very positive, however, you never can tell when they may decide to disrupt a meeting. Having a Town Hall meeting in a pro-2nd area of the state (i.e. NOT Chicago..) may not draw the same "element" as an inner-city meeting. You know, hope for the best, but prepare for the worst. But generally, things have been rather pleasant.

I attended a town hall held at the Lincoln Restaurant on the liberal north side of chicago just a while back.....

there was no "element" present, in fact, right-thinkers and 2A lovers enthusiastically participated in the event, i would guess making up for at least 80-90 percent of the audience.

chicago anti's don't have solid arguments. They've been able to convince the majority of the populace simply because there has been no voice of reason and logic. And there's been too many lies, and theories that have been left unfounded, unproven.

we're cracking into it.

when we present our arguments, they simply can't be broken.

You guys are going to be busy up there at the end of April. You have what 3 town halls from the 26th-30th?? That's awesome and I posted it on the other forums I visit, I have some hunting buddies up those areas so I hope they show up and I told them not to wear camo.

I missed the logan square due to work.

So I'm definitely going to make this one.

Where's everyone parking at.

Street or lot?

Sent from my VM670 using Tapatalk

there are parking garages around the area.

you WILL find parking....at costs you'd expect. hopefully you guys can try to justify that a little bit.

I'm coming down from wrigleyville on the red line. anyone else?

Thanks to Valinda and the other organizers and speakers at the Chicago town hall. I thought there were several compelling presentations. First thing Monday morning, I am going to call Rep. Dunkin's office to request a few minutes of his time for a meeting. If you live in Chicago, please do the same with your rep. Every call, email, letter and meeting is important.

The bottom line is that we have on our side and have already presented all the facts, statictics and arguments for concealed carry. All that's left now is the politics. Chicago-area legislators need the political cover so that they can vote 'yes' on the carry bill. The next 2 weeks or so are critical for making ourselves heard and letting our Chicago reps know that this bill has the support of the people.

has anyone gotten a hold of ken dunkin today???

I've tried a few times, i just left a voice mail message for him at 4pm, witha return number

everyone reading this thread: please call ken dunkin at 312-266-0340 and ask him to please support right to carry. he could be a last minute swing vote if we do a good job convincing him it is politically advantageous to do so.

keep calling.

I'm gonna try again tomorrow

Did I miss a report on this meeting? Attendence, etc.?

Still looking for someone to post any type of report on Saturday or Monday meetings.

I'll give it a try. I'm not great at estimating attendance. I will say that I was hoping it would be much larger. I would guess maybe 25-30 people. Vince Romano was the MC. The speakers were very knowledgable and made a great case. First, there was a presentation by one of the Second Amendment Sisters. Then a lawyer spoke about recent legal decisions (Heller, McDonald, Ezell, Shepard, etc) and how the lower courts are misinterpreting the holdings of the SCOTUS to find a right to possess firearms only in the home. Next up was an officer of the ISRA. Next up was the most compelling speaker. I wish I had caught her name. At the age of 14 she was abducted and about to be raped. She escaped by jumping out of a second story window, breaking a leg in the process. That incident led her to learn how to use firearms. She later encountered 2 burglars in her basement. They attempted to attack her with tire irons. She shot at the first one and he ran. When the second man advanced on her, she shot him. He was still alive and attempting to threaten her again. She said she begged him not to get up so she wouldn't haev to shoot him again. She said the police asked her why she didn't empty her gun into the guy. She gave the most impressive answer: She didn't know if there were other attackers. How's that for clarity of thought under pressure. Shoudl tell you how much training she has had.

Valinda spoke next and covered the ISPs advice for women who find themselves under attack (think tactical tongue depressor).

Last to speak was an owner of a firearm training firm who said "my role in this fight is to train as many people as possible to safely handle firearms. What is your role? What are you going to do?"

There was a question and answer period. No one spoke against concealed carry.

Although I was disappointed at the attendance, I was pleased to see the quality of the people making the case on our behalf.

Did I miss a report on this meeting? Attendence, etc.?

Still looking for someone to post any type of report on Saturday or Monday meetings.

I'll give it a try. I'm not great at estimating attendance. I will say that I was hoping it would be much larger. I would guess maybe 25-30 people. Vince Romano was the MC. The speakers were very knowledgable and made a great case. First, there was a presentation by one of the Second Amendment Sisters [Paula Bratich] . Then a lawyer spoke about recent legal decisions [Gregory Bedell] (Heller, McDonald, Ezell, Shepard, etc) and how the lower courts are misinterpreting the holdings of the SCOTUS to find a right to possess firearms only in the home. Next up was an officer of the ISRA [Mike Weisman]. Next up was the most compelling speaker [Radie]. I wish I had caught her name. At the age of 14 she was abducted and about to be raped. She escaped by jumping out of a second story window, breaking a leg in the process. That incident led her to learn how to use firearms. She later encountered 2 burglars in her basement. They attempted to attack her with tire irons. She shot at the first one and he ran. When the second man advanced on her, she shot him. He was still alive and attempting to threaten her again. She said she begged him not to get up so she wouldn't haev to shoot him again. She said the police asked her why she didn't empty her gun into the guy. She gave the most impressive answer: She didn't know if there were other attackers. How's that for clarity of thought under pressure. Shoudl tell you how much training she has had.

Valinda spoke next and covered the ISPs advice for women who find themselves under attack (think tactical tongue depressor).

Last to speak was an owner of a firearm training firm who said "my role in this fight is to train as many people as possible to safely handle firearms. What is your role? What are you going to do?" [Andre Queen of Fidelity]

There was a question and answer period. No one spoke against concealed carry.

Although I was disappointed at the attendance, I was pleased to see the quality of the people making the case on our behalf.

Archived