Photo

Anniversary of McDonald vs Chicago - June 28, 2010

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Molly B.

IllinoisCarry spokesperson

• 14,497 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:30 AM

Today is the anniversary of the landmark U.S. Supreme Court decision in Otis McDonald vs Chicago. Thank you Otis McDonald - may you forever rest in peace and always be remembered for your heroic stand for the Second Amendment along with fellow plaintiffs Colleen Lawson, David William Lawson, and Adam Orlov. Thank you Atty. Alan Gura for representing the plaintiffs and making history with this monumental victory for the people of Chicago and Illinois! We are forever grateful.

"It does not take a majority to prevail ... but rather an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting brushfires of freedom in the minds of men." --Samuel Adams

#2 mauserme

Eliminating the element of surprise one bill at a time.

• Admin
  • 16,885 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:39 AM

I like to think of him smiling down on us.

Link to ILGA House Audio/Video..........Link to ILGA Senate Audio/Video ..........Advanced Digital Media Link ..........Blue Room Stream Link

Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice. (Ephesians 4:31)

On 5/25/2017, Superintendent Eddie Johnson predicted a 50% reduction is Chicago violence within 3 years of SB1722 becoming law.  The bill was signed into law on 6/23/2017. The clock is now ticking.

#3 papa

• Members
  • 5,454 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 11:51 AM

It was a wonderful day. I am sorry he couldn't have lived longer to enjoy the freedom he and others fought so hard to gain.

#4 Bo69

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 318 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:24 PM

Otis was a great man.

#5 jagt48

• Members
  • 1,387 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:29 PM

RIP and thank you, Otis.

On a more personal note, today is also my four year wedding anniversary, so it's a double good day for me.

#6 Buzzard

• Members
  • 9,084 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 12:31 PM

Thank you, Otis!

#7 Lou

Resident Old Guy

• Supporting Members Team
  • 12,418 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 01:18 PM

Ive got a GREAT photo of Otis from SAFR 2010 that I cant upload here.  I was able to upload it to Molly's facebook page.

People sleep peaceably in their beds at night only because rough men stand ready to do violence on their behalf. -  George Orwell

A gun is like a parachute. If you need one, and don't have one, you'll probably never need one again. 

#8 BobPistol

• Members
  • 7,318 posts

Posted 28 June 2017 - 05:55 PM

I'm imagining Otis McDonald is at the heavenly shooting range with St. Michael the Archangel.    Shooting targets of devil pictures. 

The Second Amendment of the Constitution protects the rest.

#9 skinnyb82

• Members
  • 6,076 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 11:59 AM

Belated thank you, Otis. You are on my list of historical figures who I wish I could have met. Along with Jefferson, Mason, and the like. We will carry on your legacy. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk
NRA Member
SAF Member
C&R License Holder

#10 ming

• 2,089 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 12:26 PM

Belated thank you, Otis. You are on my list of historical figures who I wish I could have met. Along with Jefferson, Mason, and the like. We will carry on your legacy. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I had the opportunity to meet Mr. McDonald on two separate occasions. A very nice gentleman.

NRA Life Member
NRA Certified Pistol and PPITH Instructor
NRA Range Safety Officer
ISRA Member
Registered Illinois Concealed Carry Firearms Instructor

#11 ChicagoRonin70

The Landlord of the Flies!

• 2,728 posts

Posted 30 June 2017 - 03:51 PM

Otis McDonald fires a .777 caliber UltraMagnum in the Afterlife. Science proved that to be so.

Oh, and it's fully concealable there, but of course open carry is allowed.

Edited by ChicagoRonin70, 30 June 2017 - 03:52 PM.

“One can never underestimate the idiocy of those determined to be offended by things that don't affect their real lives in the slightest.” —Me

“Hatred is the sharpest sword; the desire for peace is armor made of willow leaves in the face of an enemy who despises you, as neither alone will stop a strike that is aimed at your neck.” —Samurai proverb

“An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.” —Robert Heinlein

“I reserve the right to take any action necessary to maintain the equilibrium in which I've chosen to exist.” —Me

"It ain't braggin' if you done it." —Will Rogers

Gb1XExdm.jpg

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users