Foid App. ?

lilguy

I see they ask for the last four of our SS# with no "option" note. Are the last 4 digits required now.

It looks like they changed the application sometime this month (ISP 6-181 (3/12)). Before it said optional, now it's

[x] [x] [x] - [x] [x] - [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] asking you to fill in the last four digits.

I don't know if it's required now .......... but I agree with Uncle Harley

I see they ask for the last four of our SS# with no "option" note. Are the last 4 digits required now.

It looks like they changed the application sometime this month (ISP 6-181 (3/12)). Before it said optional, now it's

[x] [x] [x] - [x] [x] - [ ] [ ] [ ] [ ] asking you to fill in the last four digits.

I don't know if it's required now .......... but I agree with Uncle Harley

Do as you wish, I don't think that you are required to give them the last four. Having said that, giving the last four does not expose you to much security risk, and it will probably speed up the background check info, especially if you have a common name or have been delayed before because you share a name with a ne'er do well with a record.

I always put the last four on my 4473's and nearly anything else that asks for SS #. I figure I'm on enough lists as it is, and if they reallyl want to figure out my number, it's out there enough already!!

JMHO, YMMV.

Tim

Once we get a few other things straight. WE will work on FOID reform/removal.

I am hoping, that we will pass a few reform bills this year. They are moving and look good so far, along with RTC.

then back to the drawing board.

Not related to the FOID, but I have a suggestion for another small tweak to 720 ILCS 5/24-3 regarding firearm sales in Illinois. What's the best way to get an idea thrown into the mix for future consideration?

Once we get a few other things straight. WE will work on FOID reform/removal.

I am hoping, that we will pass a few reform bills this year. They are moving and look good so far, along with RTC.

then back to the drawing board.

Not related to the FOID, but I have a suggestion for another small tweak to 720 ILCS 5/24-3 regarding firearm sales in Illinois. What's the best way to get an idea thrown into the mix for future consideration?

Post it or email it to Tvandermyde.

Tim

Gotta work on a couple other reform issues with FOID...
Yes. We need to "reform" it to the ash heap of history where it belongs --- right after fixing our little issue with concealed carry...

Once we get a few other things straight. WE will work on FOID reform/removal.I am hoping, that we will pass a few reform bills this year. They are moving and look good so far, along with RTC. then back to the drawing board.

It wasn't a criticism -- just a comment. I know freedom is a never ending battle and having their silly little plastic permission card is merely a small annoyance to me -- just like our oppressors are small annoyances.... Thanks to the good work you and others do we are winning this battle...

Archived