The Color Purple

mikew

Anyone know how to do purple text in Tapatalk?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Use brackets instead of parentheses.

(Color=800080)Insert sarcasm here.(/color)

ETA: that used to be purple... looks blue, now.

ETA 2: Google says 800080 is still purple... I guess Tapatalk isn't displaying correctly.

Tapatalk is entering the correct value.

Testing that color and text

Use brackets instead of parentheses.

Insert sarcasm here.

Testing the Forum's "purple" #800080.

Testing what I usually use, "Violet" #ee82ee.

Darkening the Violet some to #ee40ee.

Darkening some more to #e000e0.

Darkening some more to #d000d0.

Darkening some more to #b000b0.

Pick one.

understanding this color model:

This is RGB, Red Green Blue, the arbitrary primary colors of light transmission.

This is 24 bit color, 8 bits is used for each color, hexadecimal digits are used to represent the 8 bits, from 00 to FF.

White is #FFFFFF, Black is #000000, %50 grey is #808080, one notch darker is #7F7F7F.

Something looks reddish if it has a higher value for the first two hex digits than the other two groups.

An equal value of your R and your B groups puts you in the purplish-zone.

So in my quoted text above, the purple shows correctly. But when I posted it, it appeared blue... Strange things are afoot lolAre you using a device with a nighttime lighting mode?And I don't like the default purple #800080, I like something lighter, but I have red-green color blindness.
Nope. Normal lighting.

Here's how my original post (quoted in first post) appears to me. It's subtle, but you can see that the first line of text is blue, rather than the purple it should be.

aea9295c7eb07d5f009c9c6bb062df1b.jpg

So in my quoted text above, the purple shows correctly. But when I posted it, it appeared blue... Strange things are afoot lolAre you using a device with a nighttime lighting mode?And I don't like the default purple #800080, I like something lighter, but I have red-green color blindness.

Nope. Normal lighting.

Here's how my original post (quoted in first post) appears to me. It's subtle, but you can see that the first line of text is blue, rather than the purple it should be.

aea9295c7eb07d5f009c9c6bb062df1b.jpg

Adobe Photoshop says that first line of text, in the image that you uploaded, is, at its darkest, (ie most color) #092E48.

Yes, that has more blue than anything else. But it also has some green, and is dark.

Archived