The new Sig 365

TRJ

After all of the issues were mostly resolved, they seemed to be okay with the guns though. My dad is interested in this new Sig, but I told him to wait a year before deciding whether or not to buy one. I may redirect him to that HK.

The trigger post-upgrade is really different from the stock one. I was shooting center mass effortlessly and now I'm pulling them down and left. Either need to get used to the trigger or dump it, which shouldn't be a problem, pick up an HK. I've got three Crossbreed holsters for it. One for railed, two for the no-rail frame.

I also paid a crapload of money for one of the first P320SC in 9mm with night sights, even though I got a good deal at Sportsmans Outdoor Superstore. Now they're being deeply discounted so I'm not too happy about that. Drop in retail price equals drop in resale value.

The parts aren't listed on Sig's store. Gotta call and specially order them. That's how I got my medium sized railed grip frame. It came with small, no rail. Their shipping price is insane. $9.99 to ship a slide lock lever.

The biggest beef I have with that pistol is my pinky dangles off the bottom of the grip. There are no real pinky extensions out there other than the Adams ones which are made from aluminum. You'd think someone with a 3D printer could take floor plates and 3D print a cheapo pinky extension like a Pearce. The HK has pinky extensions stock on all of the mags. It just looks like a solid pistol, but it's new and likely has undiscovered issues just like every other new firearm. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I have Nxgen tactical extensions on my 320 SC 12rd mags and Xgrips mag ext for the 15rd they work pretty good

The issue I have with an Xgrip is that I simply do not wanna use full size magazines in that pistol. More like I don't wanna have to buy new mags heh. There was an eBay seller who was 3D printing pinky extension plates but that well dried up before I grabbed up a couple. Seller disappeared too so I don't know if the product was bad or what but he used Sig plates and printed the pinky extension to just slide over it like a Pearce extension would.

Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

The issue I have with an Xgrip is that I simply do not wanna use full size magazines in that pistol. More like I don't wanna have to buy new mags heh. There was an eBay seller who was 3D printing pinky extension plates but that well dried up before I grabbed up a couple. Seller disappeared too so I don't know if the product was bad or what but he used Sig plates and printed the pinky extension to just slide over it like a Pearce extension would. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I would love to find someone like that to print a pinky extension for my Walther PPS M2

The issue I have with an Xgrip is that I simply do not wanna use full size magazines in that pistol. More like I don't wanna have to buy new mags heh. There was an eBay seller who was 3D printing pinky extension plates but that well dried up before I grabbed up a couple. Seller disappeared too so I don't know if the product was bad or what but he used Sig plates and printed the pinky extension to just slide over it like a Pearce extension would. Sent from my VS987 using Tapatalk

I would love to find someone like that to print a pinky extension for my Walther PPS M2

Would not surprise me if already being done assuming there is enough demand to cover printer set up. I recall seeing people on arfcom looking for people with a 3D printer to do some small stuff work for them. I wanted something for ppk/s tang bite and found a guy on ebay so you may just need to keep looking a bit.

As for the 365, agree great name. As always, does it fit the hand!

• 3 weeks later...

Seems like it still has some bugs, lot of failures to go into battery (50% at load, at one time) with these guy's test of 1000 rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiNmJIgpq94

(what is the secret to imbed videos on this site?)

And this followup by them points to a soec issue on the slide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnwfdbrHOUc

Seems like it still has some bugs, lot of failures to go into battery (50% at load, at one time) with these guy's test of 1000 rounds.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiNmJIgpq94

(what is the secret to imbed videos on this site?)

And this followup by them points to a soec issue on the slide.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NnwfdbrHOUc

This would be the beta tester I expected to surface. Sig will get it right, but it's going to take 3-4 revisions first.

I have one on pre-order through SSOS for $499 shipped with the LE program. With the return to battery, barrel peening and sig-lite sight issues, the orders are on hold until the kinks are worked out. All pistols will now be shipped with the X-ray sights at no additional cost. I have no problem waiting if it means a reliable pistol. The concept is great so hope it's a winner.

I have one on pre-order through SSOS for $499 shipped with the LE program. With the return to battery, barrel peening and sig-lite sight issues, the orders are on hold until the kinks are worked out. All pistols will now be shipped with the X-ray sights at no additional cost. I have no problem waiting if it means a reliable pistol. The concept is great so hope it's a winner.

That's pretty much my position now. I ordered on Jan. 12 and I'm prepared to wait as long as it takes to get the gun refined to where it should be. A guy who ordered two days before me from the same place already got and sold his P365 out of frustration.

Love the concept AND it appears just small enough to have a 9mm for pocket carry. But, yea, needs a revision or two. As pointed out, Sig is notorious for this, beta testing in production. So I wait

I've also had one on pre-order for about a month now and I'm happy to wait for all the issues to get worked out. The Marengo guns price is good, about the same as the $499 I paid when you factor in taxes and FFL fees. My 238 has the same wear others have posted about the 365. It happened probably in the initial 100 rds and hasn't gotten worse.

Phil Strader posted an update on a FB owners group.

We’re pleased to announce that the P365 has resumed shipping. Thanks to great customer feedback, we were able to make helpful tweaks to the platform. This includes shipping all new P365s with our X-Ray 3™ day/night sights. Owners who are experiencing any issues with their original P365 SIGLITE® sights can contact customer service to have X-Ray 3s shipped to them at no charge. We have also made minor spring adjustments to address isolated incidents of failure to battery (FTB) which are directly related to the off-center/light primer strikes. While we believe some of the FTBs could be the result of varying grip issues, everyone will benefit from this adjustment. Finally, in order to curb the potential of barrel or slide wear in pistols with a tighter tolerance stack, we have made two relief cuts to the barrel. Though this wear is only cosmetic and has been determined by tireless R&D efforts to confirm that it has no relationship with some of the issues experienced, these cuts will minimize most show of wear. SIG SAUER appreciates the excitement around this game-changing pistol, and we look forward to your continued support and helpful feedback.

Looking forward to the day that the modern-day Sig company releases a new handgun that doesn't have major issues.

What was the last Sig gun released without a major recall? Even minor twists to old products end up with quality issues like the flaking PVD coating on the Legion's. The MCX's, the P320, and now this one recalled.

It seems like every Sig fanboy I know always has a gun at Sig.

Is there any part of Sig that's still Swiss/German or is everything US now?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Archived