any documented cases of a man caught on the wrong side of a not compliant no guns sign and what happened

wtr100

documented cases only

Documented Cases Only

DOCUMENTED CASES ONLY

Has anyone ever been caught on the wrong side of a non-compliant sign and arrested? What was the disposition of the case?

I don't care what you heard from your wife's third cousin's friend who is a cop unless of course your wife's third cousin's friend who is a cop documented it

http://www.nwherald.com/2016/10/21/man-who-left-loaded-gun-at-woodstock-post-office-was-a-mchenry-county-judge/a9npze3/

This man dropped his gun in a post office. Police determined the federal sign did not comply with the IL statute and referred the case to the Postal Inspector's Office.

thanks! exactly what I was looking for

http://www.nwherald.com/2016/10/21/man-who-left-loaded-gun-at-woodstock-post-office-was-a-mchenry-county-judge/a9npze3/

This man dropped his gun in a post office. Police determined the federal sign did not comply with the IL statute and referred the case to the Postal Inspector's Office.

He was a judge...so there's the possibility that he was given special treatment. Special rules for super citizens...

Trying to find the story; man was caught carrying(had a CC permit) while at a pro-Israeli protest in Chicago. It was about 2013 or 2014 and was discussed here on IC as well as reported in the news. If memory serves he was waving a big Israeli flag when they arrested him

this seems like he was arrested on some local ordinance about bringing guns to a political rally

He was a judge...so there's the possibility that he was given special treatment. Special rules for super citizens...

The reason given the charges were dropped was because the Woodstock Post Office was not properly posted. I would assume this means not properly posted under federal code, as there is no requirement to post the Illinois sign. I will remember this next time I go to the Post Office, as this reinforces the must post to be prosecutable.

Trying to find the story; man was caught carrying(had a CC permit) while at a pro-Israeli protest in Chicago. It was about 2013 or 2014 and was discussed here on IC as well as reported in the news. If memory serves he was waving a big Israeli flag when they arrested him

this seems like he was arrested on some local ordinance about bringing guns to a political rally

It seems to me such an ordinance would be illegal due to state pre-emption.

The reason given the charges were dropped was because the Woodstock Post Office was not properly posted. I would assume this means not properly posted under federal code, as there is no requirement to post the Illinois sign. I will remember this next time I go to the Post Office, as this reinforces the must post to be prosecutable.

There are "reasons" and then there are reasons. If they decided to let him off because he's a judge, I doubt they'd say that out loud.

It seems to me such an ordinance would be illegal due to state pre-emption.

I thought the rally had a permit, in which case it's one of those situations covered in the carry act.

The posting requirement, 65(d), applies to all of section 65, including post offices, which fall under 65(a23). The only exception is private residences.

i had a client charged where there was no sign at all. CTA train, but still, no sign on car no sign on station entrance. 8 month long prosecution.

There's been hardly any cases of people carrying in prohibited places, whether posted or not. Do we really need to split hairs on this topic again? Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Bingo! You've got a better chance of winning the lottery. A lot of yammering about nothin.

i had a client charged where there was no sign at all. CTA train, but still, no sign on car no sign on station entrance. 8 month long prosecution.

can you give the results without getting yourself sideways?

thanks

undercover officers saw something that raised suspicion. paper bag. asked for ID and did name check. bag had nothing, name check clear, but with CCL. asked if they were carrying and they said yes. arrested. eventually secured a not guilty, but person lost their job, lost their apartment. hassle and pressure and anxiety related to uncertain outcome of prosecution. eventual not guilty. cops were nice, but it's just law enforcement to CPD. they do not care about consequences. instead of turning the certified card carrying good-guy into a life long police ally with a good story of discretion to tell, i doubt he will EVER talk to the police to help them on ANYTHING in the future, as well as them telling their friends.

undercover officers saw something that raised suspicion. paper bag. asked for ID and did name check. bag had nothing, name check clear, but with CCL. asked if they were carrying and they said yes. arrested. eventually secured a not guilty, but person lost their job, lost their apartment. hassle and pressure and anxiety related to uncertain outcome of prosecution. eventual not guilty. cops were nice, but it's just law enforcement to CPD. they do not care about consequences. instead of turning the certified card carrying good-guy into a life long police ally with a good story of discretion to tell, i doubt he will EVER talk to the police to help them on ANYTHING in the future, as well as them telling their friends.

How would he lose his job and home over a misdemeanor charge?

(e) Except as otherwise provided, a licensee in violation of this Act shall be guilty of a Class B misdemeanor. A second or subsequent violation is a Class A misdemeanor. The Department may suspend a license for up to 6 months for a second violation and shall permanently revoke a license for 3 or more violations of Section 65 of this Act. Any person convicted of a violation under this Section shall pay a $150 fee to be deposited into the Mental Health Reporting Fund, plus any applicable court costs or fees.

How would he lose his job and home over a misdemeanor charge?

Corporate america policies, losing time off work, losing income that pays lease, mandated clauses in a lease, etc...

Some companies require as employment condition to notify HR with almost anything beyond a traffic stop incident. If taking too much time off to fight that could put job at risk...and then with reduced income for housing...

Some munis require a crime free housing amendment and I could see a non 2A friendly landlord try invoking some broad clauses in there to evict a tenant. There could aso be other conditions inserted asva rider by lessor.

So theorizing, while perhaps not the norm I'd say it is possible to put job and home at risk.

Dropped a gun while at the post office? What is a "post office"? Seriously, do people still go to the Post Office? I'd bet it has been at least a dozen years since I walked into a Post Office. If I need postal type services I go to a UPS and Mail Store, which is NOT posted and which does not ask me to give up my personal protection rights. Plus they are helpful, not rude and don't turn you away after waiting in line a half hour because the employee is taking his "break".

IL is an at-will employment state. the employer can dream up just about anything to justify termination.

An employer does not have to dream up a reason. They donât need one.

Edit. Unless, it seems, if you belong to a protectionist union...

We no longer require your services. We are terminating your employment. That's how I fire people.

Archived